2022 Skate Canada NextGen Competition, July 23-24, Waterloo, Ontario

Colonel Green

Really cute from Yu & Giang, despite her unfortunate fall.

I feel like that last music cut has been used in a previous Indian-themed program; maybe Osmond's?

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Yu/Giang didn't look as polished here as they did in the RD, and she looks understandably disappointed after her fall, but I really like this team.

Colonel Green

The last few years of Canadian junior dance reminded me how much I came to take for granted Lajoie & Lagha's twizzles all the years they were out repping for us. Even as juniors they were always fast as hell, nobody in our field in recent years comes close.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
They look spent, but that was a really nice skate. Good for them! Can't wait to see that program with a little more mileage on it.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
So I believe these are the unofficial final results:
Bashynska/Beaumont 162.31
Yu/Giang 143.69
Hubert/Oddson 140.22
Gauthier/Thieren 139.07
Sabatini-Speciale/Buelow 136.92
Lewis/McMillan 135.82
Ben Khelifa/Zhu 135.01
Goodstadt/Baroum 129.62
Veillon/Brandys 122.77
Korneva/MacDonald 119.42
Martel/Chant 117.51
Estepa/Hickey 112.64
Bolender/Dotzert 108.17
Ho/Yu 104.1
Fournier/Haddad 96.09
Foroglou-Gadoury/Desmarais 82.43

WD Batka/Yang

Edited to add official results: https://skateontario.org/results/NGJULY23/NGJULY23JuniorDanceCR.pdf
Video link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8cnkk2
Protocols: https://skateontario.org/results/NGJULY23/NGJULY23JuniorDanceFDDRO.pdf

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
There was a waltz-y piece in the middle of B/B's FD that may not have been from The Red Violin?

JoannaLouise

I really liked that program!

It did take me a bit to figure out that the design on the side of Peter's shirt is sheet music (from a distance I thought it was claw marks), so coupled with Nadiia's very dramatic sleeves, I thought we were getting vampires or werewolves or something. :lol:

victorskid

It did take me a bit to figure out that the design on the side of Peter's shirt is sheet music (from a distance I thought it was claw marks), so coupled with Nadiia's very dramatic sleeves, I thought we were getting vampires or werewolves or something. :lol:
I think there are some words or something on the white layer at the end of her sleeves. I could sort of see something when they were waiting for their marks.

shutterbug

Last event! Junior men start order:

1 Herman Lau York Region Skating Centre ON
2 David Bondar York Region Skating Centre ON
3 Rio Morita Toronto CS & CC ON
4 Jake Ellis South Windsor Skating Club ON
5 Alec Guinzbourg Granite Club ON
6 David Li Connaught SC BC
7 Anthony Paradis Patinage des Mille-Îles QC
8 Grayson Long Toronto CS & CC ON
9 David Shteyngart Gloucester SC ON
10 Edward Nicholas Vasii CPA Riviere Des Prairies QC
11 Aleksa Rakic Champs International Skating Centre of Bri BC
12 Terry Yu Tao Jin Cannaught SC BC

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

I couldn't even see the design on his shirt! :lol: But the dramatic sleeves made me think it was going to be some sort of medieval theme at first.

Sylvia

TBD
Herman Lau has WD :( - glad he got off the ice and it looks like the concussion protocol was implemented.

ETA: When he fell on the jump, I wasn't sure if he had hit the back of his head on the ice or not.

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

David Bondar is very pleasant to watch. Good posture and extension, and a nice 3lz. A bit lacking in speed overall though.

victorskid

Herman Lau has WD :( - glad he got off the ice and it looks like the concussion protocol was implemented.

ETA: When he fell on the jump, I wasn't sure if he had hit the back of his head on the ice or not.
He showed the medical person who (finally) arrived a spot on the back of his head.

Sylvia

TBD
Rio Morita went for 4S at the beginning of his "Rhapsody in Blue" FS! He also attempted it at Skate Milwaukee earlier this month (ETA - it was called 'q' there and he received 8.57 points plus a 1 point bonus; 63.50 SP, 106.96 FS, 170.46 total in Milwaukee).

JoannaLouise

Wow, that was an ambitious program by Rio Morita! A 4s (successful) and 3a (fall, but looked rotated). Most of his other jumps were well done too, except for that awkward popped euler combo near the end of the program.

This will be tough to beat! (I know he's coming from behind, but all the guys struggled pretty hard yesterday.)

ETA: His score was a bit lower than I was expecting. Maybe some downgrades?

shutterbug

Wow, that was an ambitious program by Rio Morita! A 4s (successful) and 3a (fall, but looked rotated). Most of his other jumps were well done too, except for that awkward popped euler combo near the end of the program.

This will be tough to beat! (I know he's coming from behind, but all the guys struggled pretty hard yesterday.)

ETA: His score was a bit lower than I was expecting. Maybe some downgrades?
The quad was a good attempt, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it gets dinged.

Sylvia

TBD
Guinzbourg's FS is to the dramatic Rach 3 piano concerto (including the Kween's famous cuts :D). He's with Lee Barkell. Glad he had a better skate than he did at the Lake Placid FS comp. last month where he won the SP but faltered in the long).

shutterbug

Decent performance from Alec. He struggled quite a bit last season IIRC, good to see things starting to come together for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information