2019 Junior World Championships Ladies SP & FS

oleada

What a wonderful competition. I was watching as I packed, so I can’t say I was watching TOO closely.

Shiraiwa: absolutely stunning. I adore this program for her :swoon: IMO, she should’ve been 3rd.

Harrell is my favorite US Junior in a long time! :respec:

Sinitsina has lovely technique and a natural musicality so I hoe she had the right coaching team to bring it out. I expect her to do well in the JGP next year.

Cui - I admire her abilities but she’s just not my cup of tea. I would have had her below Shiraiwa in the LP, given the fall.

Trusova: sloppy but awesome

Scherbakova: my other favorite in this group. Love her. I have no hopes for her technique lasting so I will enjoy her for now.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders

Debbie S

Cui...
2a-1r-3s--I think I misidentified the first jump in this sequence or else she Zayaked
The first jump in the sequence was a 3F, not a 2A. :)

I'm so happy for Ting! I was the rink, helping with the club's used skate/dress sale (bad scheduling, lol) but another club vol and I were able to get enough of a signal near the front door to be able to watch Ting on my phone (and I reached the limit on my data allowance (no wi-fi there) so now owe Verizon an overage fee but oh well). It was great to see her so happy when she finished. She's competed more this season than in any other, plus she's had to go between Junior and Senior versions of her FS. I'm so proud of her for the way she fought today! This should be a huge confidence boost heading into next season.

:cheer2:

Tinami Amori

They drink blood.

... and not only skaters... and it is not animal's blood.. :drama:

What were KOR and MEX judges up to during #WorldJFigure women’s FS? With almost identical but way out-of-line marks (hmmmm), each scored Ting Cui 8th - the other 7 judges had her third, according to protocol breakdown by the indispensable @SkatingScores. Come on.
When i looked at protos, first two skaters Trus and Shcher's marks from KOR and MEX looked outstandingly low compared to others. I thought "what ass..oles! the Korean judge must has a russia-grudge from 2014, and the Mexican judge must be leaning North American".... and then i looked at how these two graded the rest of the 5-6 girls, and though "these two are pure meanies to all girls".

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
What a wonderful competition. I was watching as I packed, so I can’t say I was watching TOO closely.

Shiraiwa: absolutely stunning. I adore this program for her :swoon: IMO, she should’ve been 3rd.

Harrell is my favorite US Junior in a long time! :respec:

Sinitsina has lovely technique and a natural musicality so I hoe she had the right coaching team to bring it out. I expect her to do well in the JGP next year.

Cui - I admire her abilities but she’s just not my cup of tea. I would have had her below Shiraiwa in the LP, given the fall.

Trusova: sloppy but awesome

Scherbakova: my other favorite in this group. Love her. I have no hopes for her technique lasting so I will enjoy her for now.
ITA about both Harrell and Cui. I see Harrell as the future of US ladies.

VGThuy

Congrats to both Cui and Trusova for receiving the only level 4 step sequences of the LP. One thing I like about Cui is that her jumps are really excellent when she lands them. She truly completes the rotation when she lands them and there's no question about rotation. They're really strong.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Congrats to both Cui and Trusova for receiving the only level 4 step sequences of the LP. One thing I like about Cui is that her jumps are really excellent when she lands them. She truly completes the rotation when she lands them and there's no question about rotation. They're really strong.
But how can that be? She's a Tom Z skater! :drama: We all know he's a TERRIBLE coach and all his skaters must leave him immediately. :lol:

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
For anyone still here, what performances in other diciplines are a "don't miss!" for you? I'm looking forward to some catch up for the rest of the day!
Belated reply, but the Georgian lady's SP and the rhythm dance by Demougeot and Le Mercier were two of my personal highlights. Also, definitely both of Belohradsky's programs!

Beccari and Lang also had very watchable SPs in the ladies division.

There's more, but I'm getting ready to pass out before going to Salzburg tomorrow.

I have nothing else to say about the ladies FS but I will say that as much as Zagreb was a great host, Slovenia is by far my favorite of the three countries I've been in this year.

Nikki Lee

I think that Hanna Harrell had also a L4 step sequence.

annie_mg

4T looked extremely pre-rotated on the toe and even underrotated. But gutsy.
Yep, Trusova has Sotnikova-like prerotation with the blade fully on the ice before takeoff. Im willing to forgive it on a quad by a 15 year old. For the moment...

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Belated reply, but the Georgian lady's SP and the rhythm dance by Demougeot and Le Mercier were two of my personal highlights. Also, definitely both of Belohradsky's programs!

Beccari and Lang also had very watchable SPs in the ladies division.

There's more, but I'm getting ready to pass out before going to Salzburg tomorrow.

I have nothing else to say about the ladies FS but I will say that as much as Zagreb was a great host, Slovenia is by far my favorite of the three countries I've been in this year.

Thank you so much for your feedback! How cool that you got to go in person - I enjoyed your arena observations and humor today. I hope you have had a great time - enjoy the rest of your trip and travel home safely!

Tinami Amori

Since Trusova is now a 2-time World Junior Champion, remind me, where was Scherbakova last year? Did she just not particularly stand out yet?
This is Shcherbakova's first Int'l Jr. season. She did not skate internationally until now.
She won Russian Cup Finals in 2017/18 season though, and was 13th at Nationals, and prior to that (season 2016/17) had an injury and did not skate in any major events (other than few local russian youth camp events).

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Alexandra Trusova
Before SB3 WS34
After SB3 WS24

Anna Shcherbakova
Before SB9 WS122
After SB4 WS74

Ting Cui
Before SB17 WS50
After SB17 WS 47

Kseniia Sinitsyna
Before SB31 WS188
After SB30 WS114

Yuna Shiraiwa
Before SB27 WS24
After SB27 WS18

Young You
Before SB33 WS73
After SB33 WS52

Hanna Harrell
Before SB81 WS168
After SB44 WS122

Haein Lee
Before SB38 WS139
After SB38 WS109

Yuhana Yokoi
Before SB32 WS82
After SB32 WS66

Alison Schumacher
Before SB107 WS152
After SB80 WS123

Alina Urushadze
Before SB64 WS218
After SB65 WS159

Tomoe Kawabata
Before SB49 WS154
After SB50 WS131

Ekaterina Ryabova
Before SB53 WS68
After SB54 WS70

Julia Lang
Before SB117 WS252
After SB90 WS186

Anna Kuzmenko
Before SB91 WS167
After SB93 WS148

Lucrezia Beccari
Before SB98 WS143
After SB100 WS134

Anastasiia Arkhipova
Before SB55 WS110
After SB56 WS99

Olga Mikutina
Before SB108 WS243
After SB109 WS197

Hongyi Chen
Before SB62 WS79
After SB63 WS82

Kristen Spours
Before SB143 WS80
After SB125 WS81

Yi Christy Leung
Before SB43 WS51
After SB43 WS51

Alexandra Feigin
Before SB68 WS57
After SB69 WS58

Anais Coraducci
Before SB none WS none
After SB133 WS264

Alina Soupian
Before SB101 WS185
After SB103 WS172

skatfan

But how can that be? She's a Tom Z skater! :drama: We all know he's a TERRIBLE coach and all his skaters must leave him immediately. :lol:

Didn't Cui train with Vincent Restencourt before Tom Z.? I'd think that her technique (as with Vincent Zhao) was formed long before she got to Tom. I agree that we can't blame Tom for everything!

It remains to be seen if she can retain her focus on the choreography and total program with Tammy and Tom. That has not historically been their strength.

kalle

Ting is so beautiful on the ice! I love her extensions, arm movements. I hope she can develop consistency in her jumps.

Hanna Harrell did a very respectable job. She and Ting (and Alyssa) could be the US skaters to watch next season.[/QUOTE]

It feels like finally there are a bunch of new exciting American skaters to follow leading up to Beijing. They are all wonderful but for the moment, Ting stand out artistically. It will be exciting to follow Alyssa on the Junior circuit next season and Hanna is an interesting skater that also seems to have the mental grit to compete with the top skaters. Future look bright for the American ladies and suddenly I feel like a can stop mourning over Ashley and Mirai ;-)

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
What's 'kind of' exciting about Hanna's performance is that after going out strong, she appeared to be exhausted but still found a way to hold it together, rotate everything and stay upright. In a way, this was her on a 'bad' day, and she still did a good job.

chipso1

ITA about Harrell. With another season or two of experience and time to further develop her artistry, she could be (even more) exceptional. I feel much more confident about her technique holding up than I do about Liu's (although she's great as well). Harrell definitely has potential to be a standout on the JGP next season!

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information