WJC24 Junior Women FS

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Lol

I was always a supporter of everhardt being sent to junior worlds or anything for that matter. Yes, her artistry is still on the junior side, but her technical improved every single outing and was so strong by nationals. Lee, on the other hand, the silver medalist, gets generous calls from the US panel, but an international panel sets it straight. USFSA seems to never learn.

I see everhardt, placing in the top 10 in this field, with how she had been on her trajectory all season.
Indeed. Perhaps her background or coaches don’t fit a bill? Too old fashioned or “traditional”? Politics that none of us understand.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Indeed. Perhaps her background or coaches don’t fit a bill? Too old fashioned or “traditional”? Politics that none of us understand.
Frau, her coaches are Malinin's parents. No, that's not it.

The USFS has constantly and continuously propped up skaters while looking the other way at their events, I guess in the hopes that it's going to somehow send a 'message' to international judges and panels that said skaters have actually improved. Some fans even buy into it and say "Well the judges thought the jumps/program improved!" It's just not how it goes.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Well, her coaches are Ilia’s parents, so I don’t think that would be the thing… But I certainly was hoping she’d get a chance at Junior worlds
I know. Maybe that hurts (background…not their skills with Ilia). Not fitting the DEI Mode, whatever the heck that might be. It’s 2024.

Sylvia

TBD
This was posted in the Women's SP thread:
I think Everhardt could have a bright future, but she hasn’t exactly set the world on fire internationally either. Unfortunately whoever was picked (including Lin-Gracey [3rd alt.], Seo, and Higase-Chen [1st alt.] was going to carry some risks.
FWIW, had there been a 3rd spot, I would have assigned Sarah to Junior Worlds.

ETA that the press conference transcripts of the top 3 after SP & FS are posted in the News thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...om-taipei-2024-jr-worlds.111590/#post-6561426

Last edited:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I know that a few skaters did not do their best today but looking at the results and comparing them with last year - the standard was extremely high. All 24 skaters scored above 100 points in the free (last year only the top 14 achieved this). And the lowest TES was 53.25, above the minimum for senior worlds (yes I know junior scores don't count for that but it's an interesting benchmark considering the juniors have one few element than seniors). Lots of countries are producing skaters who can deliver technically.

skatingguy

decently
Skaters are only allowed one +2A sequence, no? If this is accurate, I guess the second one will be marked 3Lz+2A*? Costly error that probably dropped her 3 placements.
That was my mistake. The opening Lutz had a poor landing, and she didn't do the sequence there, but added it back to a later jump.

Jammers

So what the heck happened to Josephine Lee she almost wins Senior Nats then bombs again at Junior Worlds? She needs to figure out how not to peak in January. And why was Junior Worlds so early this year? Don't they usually start in the 2nd week of May i didn't even check for results since i thought they started in about 5 days. 😠

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
So what the heck happened to Josephine Lee she almost wins Senior Nats then bombs again at Junior Worlds? She needs to figure out how not to peak in January. And why was Junior Worlds so early this year? Don't they usually start in the 2nd week of May i didn't even check for results since i thought they started in about 5 days. 😠

This was being discussed a few days ago. Some think USFSA callers are generous on calling the landings of her jumps, while an international panel is not.

skatingguy

decently
Judging by her scores she didn't land a lot of anything.
She certainly skated better at US Nationals, particularly in the free skate, but at US Nationals the very clear underrotation on the short program was not called, and at Junior Worlds it was, and that made a significant difference to her scores, and placements.

Last edited:

zigzig

Shimada - sublime
Shin - so good but so generic and boring
Uezono - goddess
Kushida - obsessed with her and her program, wish her jumps were better
Zhang - so frustrating, should have been vying for a medal here
The two Kims - callers really come hard for Korean girls, kinda crazy they're only gonna have two spots next year
Phattaratida - she needs better material than her lame 90s style programs but happy to see an OAS skate well
Lee - though the calling of her short was extra harsh given the rest of the field
Ruiter - scary that this girl won Canadian nationals. She's cute though. Looks like a throwback Delia's catalogue model.

Frau Muller

Jia Shin becomes 16 this March. Would she be eligible for Sr division next season…or must she fully turn 17?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information