Team Guignard/Fabbri
Scherbakova

4z step out, messy
3f-3r
2a
2a
3z-3t
3f-1r-3s
I must have missed one jumping pass. Looks like it was a 3f step out from the replay

Anna engages with her program throughout the program. Jumps are pretty small but she gets them done. I'd like to see what she could do with less frenetic choreo.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It is my fervent wish that the 3As take seniors like a hurricane and make every naysayer who whinges on about how they won't do this that or the other in four years cry like little girls. Today, they are the best ladies skating. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Scherbakova was great too, it won’t be enough to win but I’d give her higher PCS than Trusova.

To me she has better basics and musicality but the jumps don’t seem as secure. I also worry about injuries considering her broken leg and how frail she appears. But we shall see, she is a tough cookie as well.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
There is something about Danill's facial expression that creeps me out. Like he has a "cat that ate the canary" smile on at inappropriate times. (well, is there ever an appropriate time to eat the canary???) :scream:

Polaris

It is my fervent wish that the 3As take seniors like a hurricane and make every naysayer who whinges on about how they won't do this that or the other in four years cry like little girls. Today, they are the best ladies skating. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Keep wishing. Won't happen.

jlai

Question everything
Ouch team Japan losing a spot at junior world next year. ETA: ANd team Korea also misses by 1 point

Skate Talker

unless she can take it on PCS. Which she should. She actually had some.
My thoughts exactly but unfortunately the judges were watching something else - or maybe the glass-wall miming 2 inches from there noses at the beginning was actually Anna Alexandria (duh) hypnotizing them...

VGThuy

Anna's dress looks like Lipnitskaya's 2014 Schindler's List one that was given the Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns treatment.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Wow! Fantastic ladies competition. The top two Russians could beat some of the top men.

Shcherbakova is delightful. Fabulous performance. Trusova has a lot of fire power in her skating. I enjoy them both. I don't care what happens in the future. These two ladies have already given me so much pleasure! They are a treasure.

Ting Cui prevented the Russian sweep. Congrats to her for her podium finish.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
For anyone still here, what performances in other diciplines are a "don't miss!" for you? I'm looking forward to some catch up for the rest of the day!

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Are Young You, Yelim Kim staying jr? If so they will need them. If not...Maybe they don't need it more than team Japan

The problem for Korea is that Kim and You aren't guaranteed GP spots. Kim is 23SB, so she's on the bubble to being guaranteed one. You isn't guaranteed any. Lim, who was 5th at jr. worlds last season, only got one in the initial selection and kept getting passed up for replacement picks (probably because she's a good skater :angryfire). It's not like the USA or Japan where they can give their skaters a host pick after they politick them to get one in the initial selection.

I still expect Kim to move up, but I'm not sure about You. And Korea has other athletes besides them who finished 5th or higher on the JGP this season: Lee (3rd and 4th) Wi (4th and 4th) To (5th & 7th).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information