2019 ISU World Team Trophy, April 11-14, in Fukuoka, Japan

sk9tingfan

Feel bad for Kolyada, i was under the impression that he did not complete his first treatment process and was not fully recovered before he went on to RN. Glad he is returning for treatment, but too bad he'll lose the money he could have earned from participation. Better season hopefully next year.

I have had a really serious case of sinusitis since I returned from a transcontinental flight after Skate America. It took five rounds of antibiotics + continuing IVIG to help resolve it. According to my oncologist, her practice had seen this trend during the fall and anyone who is immunosuppressed would need extra attention. But my treatment was handled on an outpatient basis. As a clinician and care management expert, it raises my concern that he was being handled on an inpatient basis, although Russia might follow the same treatment protocols and level of care determinations present in the American healthcare system.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
He should be evaluated for a gluten allergy. In my case it is totally related to my chronic sinusitis.

Tinami Amori

Aleksei Mishin is not sure if Lazukin is ready, given it is all last minute, but hopes for the best.
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1073291808.html

"К возможности такого решения Лазукин готов не был, и сейчас мы срочно оформляем ему визу в Японию. Мы очень благодарны японскому консульству в Петербурге за доброе к нам отношение в этой ситуации.
А насколько готов Лазукин к командному чемпионату мира, смогу рассказать только в день его завершения», – сказал Мишин."

"Lazukin was not ready for such turn of events, and now we're urgently working on the Visa to Japan. We're grateful to the Consulate of Japan in St. Pete for their helpful treatment in this situation.
As to how well Lazukin is ready (physically) for this team championship, i would be able to tell you only on the day it ends".

Eislauffan

tinami amori said:
Feel bad for Kolyada, i was under the impression that he did not complete his first treatment process and was not fully recovered before he went on to RN. Glad he is returning for treatment, but too bad he'll lose the money he could have earned from participation. Better season hopefully next year.

I have had a really serious case of sinusitis since I returned from a transcontinental flight after Skate America. It took five rounds of antibiotics + continuing IVIG to help resolve it. According to my oncologist, her practice had seen this trend during the fall and anyone who is immunosuppressed would need extra attention. But my treatment was handled on an outpatient basis. As a clinician and care management expert, it raises my concern that he was being handled on an inpatient basis, although Russia might follow the same treatment protocols and level of care determinations present in the American healthcare system.

Mikhail's sinusitis problems started at the beginning of the season, after he returned from the training camp with Rafael Arutunian in California, IIRC. So also after a transcontinental flight. He was treated for it with antibiotics, but started his season as planned with the test skates and Challenger events. However, he apparently never was really healthy, because he struggled with stamina in the Grand Prix and overall seemed not at his best. Just before Nationals in December the sinusitis hit him badly, he was hospitalized, but left the hospital after about three days to travel to Saransk for Nationals. He felt terrible but competed successfully. After Nationals he took a break to recover and was declared healthy (according to him). But apparently the illness came back now and even worse than before - now it was a two-sided sinusitis (before it was one sided). :-( At least there is no rush to get ready for a competition now and hopefully he can fully recover. He is feeling better already. Looking at these ongoing health problems all season I think it is still remarkable what he was able to do.

Sylvia

TBD
@kittyjake5 guessed correctly in the SOI Japan thread after linking to Shoma Uno's Osaka performance ("I am thinking he may skate this [Vivaldi] program instead of his Stairway to Heaven SP at WTT.") as Uno's ISU bio now lists his previous SP (Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi performed by Michel Schwalbe: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012455.htm

ISU's WTT preview press release: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...or-the-isu-world-team-trophy?templateParam=15
Figure Skating viewers have the possibility of watching the event on the following Channels:
NBC Gold in the USA
TV Asahi in Japan
Channel One in Russia
ISU Skating Channel for the rest of the world
Event schedule (in Japan):
Thursday, April 11: Rhythm Dance, Ladies and Men's Short Programs
Friday, April 12: Pairs Short Program, Free Dance, Men's Free Skating
Saturday, April 13: Pairs and Ladies Free Skating
Sunday, April 14: Exhibition Gala

Last edited:

Sk8swan

Leccardi got robbed :drama:
(So 🇮🇹 ignored additionally to Leccardi 4 higher ranked ladies in favour of Piredda; I had no clue her worlds outing was that convincing :shuffle:)

I think they might have gone for Rodeghiero and Piredda again simply because they have been training up to Worlds. With no guarantee for Italy to qualify for this event, other skaters might be already on a break or even start training for next season.

npavel

Leccardi got robbed :drama:
(So 🇮🇹 ignored additionally to Leccardi 4 higher ranked ladies in favour of Piredda; I had no clue her worlds outing was that convincing :shuffle:)
Piredda is higher by all means, at Italian Nationals she got 153 point, Leccardi 131points. Piredda is the highest ranked italian. But Roberta RODEGHIERO isn't and there was no excuse to send her to worlds over a lot of others. No clue how she got WTT too, I think Bianconi power (still her choach); Last week, there was a competition where she was listed, but didn't show up (I think she was afraid to place lower than a lot of others)

J

Jeschke

Piredda is the highest ranked italian.
In what ranking? (For all scenarios I do ignore Kostner)
She neither leads the world standings as 137th , Leccardi is leading here ITA as 55th.
Same with SB, where Gennaro leads (46th), Piredda (65th)

My post with Leccardi was due to the simple fact for the WTT rules, the highest ranked is supposed to go. (We all know this rule is stretched by all feds by a mile)

Piredda is higher by all means
Piredda is good, no doubt, still I think Leccardi (in good form, which she is not obviously) is not worse. I am not impressed with any of the ITA ladies besides the 2 juniors Tornaghi and Beccari.

, I think Bianconi power (still her choach)
Is she? I always saw an unkown guy (to me) with her in knc this season, but might be I must have missed Bianconi with her.

Tinami Amori

Further to this, according to this press release from Skate Canada, Kaitlyn Weaver is joint captain with Andrew Poje. So that adds another female captain to the mix.
So now we have "quotas" for how many "feeeeemale" captains there must be to be politically correct, instead of who has the most experience and management abilities.

They might as well go fully PC, and not touch hands while skating..:p

abuse!.. if you asked me... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSzlkZsWUAA8Cwo.jpg

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
So now we have "quotas" for how many "feeeeemale" captains there must be to be politically correct, instead of who has the most experience and management abilities.
It's the WTT. The captains appear at the press conferences and probably encourage the K&C craziness. They're not performing brain surgery or dealing with climate change during the Zamboni breaks. Let's just focus on the fun that is the whole point of this competition.

aussieSKATES

After watching the first round of practice today, we are thinking it will be a race for gold between Team Russia and Team USA, with Team Japan and Team France in the fight for bronze.

It is quite the privilege to watch so many elite athletes under the one roof.

Last edited:

aussieSKATES

Canada's Nam Nguyen is having more success with the quadruple salchow and the triple Axel this afternoon. His compatriot, Keegan Messing, is still struggling a little with the quadruple toe loop. Nevertheless, he went for a quadruple lutz later in this session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information