2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

oleada

Justin and Britney were my teenage dance icons, so my mind immediately went to the Cry Me a River music video with visions of Stepanova and Bukin reenacting the Justin and Britney break up on ice.
This is what ice dance is all about. My body is ready!!!!

RoseRed

Stephen Gogolev
SP: Yablochko

Just debuted at a club competition in California.
I believe it is two peices of music: 'Grand Waltz' from Anyuta, by Valery Gavrilin, and 'Yablochko' (also known as RUssian Sailor's Dance from the ballet 'The Red Poppy'. According to Shazam, the version he's using is titled 'The Red Poppy: Russian Sailor's Dance' performed by St. Petersburg State Symphony.

Mad for Skating

Thoughts on Stepanova/Bukin’s FD: not a fan of the music, but I’m sure they’ll make it cool and sexy, and they’ll probably have nice costumes. TBH, I’m not overwhelmed by the ice dance music choices this year so far.

Ka3sha

Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovsky
SP: My Way (Instumental )

From Tamara Moskvina’s master class in Igora , no official confirmation yet

Ka3sha

I believe it is two peices of music: 'Grand Waltz' from Anyuta, by Valery Gavrilin, and 'Yablochko' (also known as RUssian Sailor's Dance from the ballet 'The Red Poppy'.
I absolutely love the waltz from Anyuta and still hope that ice dancers will skate to it at some point :love:

Tavi

I believe it is two peices of music: 'Grand Waltz' from Anyuta, by Valery Gavrilin, and 'Yablochko' (also known as RUssian Sailor's Dance from the ballet 'The Red Poppy'. According to Shazam, the version he's using is titled 'The Red Poppy: Russian Sailor's Dance' performed by St. Petersburg State Symphony.
Thanks for the info! I tried multiple times to get Shazam to recognize it without success, so I’m happy you were able to identify both pieces!

The Red Poppy is a ballet by Glière by the way.

I love that Waltz!