2018 Summer TV New/Returning Shows

LeafOnTheWind

WTH was up with the cut to commercial with Sacred Riana on AGT? Is she really that scary? I don't like horror films and I find her more campy horror than terrifying.

BaileyCatts

^^^ I was just coming to ask the same thing. That was so weird! And that trick was not even scary. And was it even a trick? It was pretty clear how she climbed the wall. I was thinking maybe the timing was off on the trick or maybe the cameras cut too quickly or there was some other technical problem with the trick ... it was definitely a weird edit. And she's not really that scary anyways. I laugh thru her acts because of the way Mel and Howie are reacting to her. Kinda hope she doesn't make it thru. I don't know what Heidi was thinking with her Golden Buzzer pick, especially since in the filming process she actually buzzed her on Day 2 of filming. They just didn't show things in order. She wasn't that great at her audition, and she wasn't that great last night. There were other acts in auditions who were better than her. Kinda hope she doesn't make it either. Last night's show was just weird all around. 'cept da kitties even though they had some issues too. Cause I luvs da :cat:

jadingirl

Just saying I wish Riana went through can’t believe she didn’t get the votes

Really hope she gets picked as a wildcard

ilovepaydays

WTH was up with the cut to commercial with Sacred Riana on AGT? Is she really that scary? I don't like horror films and I find her more campy horror than terrifying.

I was just reading that the producers tweeted it was a planned cut to commercial. Most people think that it's complete bullshit.

Well, it looked like she didn't complete her act. But she was eliminated tonight, anyway.

I really like scary/spooky acts but you have to finish what you are performing.

I've liked The Savinsky Cats' earlier acts, but I think last night's performance dragged a bit. Not surprised that they didn't make it through.

I may be considered heartless for thinking this, but I'm not a fan of the kiddie choir. They are talented but I've heard children's choirs that were as good as better. The Yumbo Dump act was too stupid.

BaileyCatts

Well, it looked like she didn't complete her act. But she was eliminated tonight, anyway.
I really like scary/spooky acts but you have to finish what you are performing.
I've liked The Savinsky Cats' earlier acts, but I think last night's performance dragged a bit. Not surprised that they didn't make it through.
I may be considered heartless for thinking this, but I'm not a fan of the kiddie choir. They are talented but I've heard children's choirs that were as good as better. The Yumbo Dump act was too stupid.

You are not heartless. I don't like the kids choir either. There have been better choirs. I don't understand why there are not more groups like straight up acapella groups at auditions (versus huge choirs like we've seen practically every year) since apparently that is a big thing on college campuses ... or so I've heard. Like Pentatonix type groups. We've never really seen a small group like that. They are always big groups of like 15-20+ people or the huge 50++ choirs.

Yumbo Dump was actually pretty funny on their first audition. The sounds were spot on. They were never gonna make the Finals, but they were entertaining the first two rounds. Last night was awful. The mimics were not good at all and the dolphin bit went on way too long.

:cry: for da kitties. They were a little off last night and not as good as the first two rounds but I thought they might squeak thru. I would rather had the kitties make it thru than Makayla Phillips. She is just not that good a singer. She's good for an average 15 year old, but not spectacular 'OMG she's gonna be a star' 15 year old. She was off key, missed some notes, and Heidi sits there and says that was better than the original?? :rofl:

Quin and Misha made a big mistake with that dance choice. They should have done straight up Latin ballroom dancing with the dress, music, and style of dance. She had some issues as well, which I think could have been covered better with a Latin type dance, but damn the woman is 70! I've never been as in shape as that 70 year old woman is at any point in my entire life! Even as a teenager!

And what the hell with Howie saying he didn't like Noah's original song! That was a damn good song! I didn't even realize it was an original until they said it as it sounds like something you would hear in popular music right now. He needs to release that song. It was great.

Japanfan

I thought Castaways was beautiful. Not just with the incredible scenery, but the stories of all the people involved. And how nice it is to see people in these strange situations just being people instead of conniving their way into winning a big prize that they will lie, cheat and steal to wrestle away from another person. Can't wait for episode two. :respec:

Okay, here's the issue that came up for me on Episode 2. Sorry, Peter G. :scream:

The castaways have been out how many days now, about 7?

Well, the woman who found the fat guy last week - I forget her name - wandered off for some days to forage or explore. Now she's come back. And her nail polish is entirely intact?

Would nail polish not get chipped while foraging in the jungle? I don't see how not.

If the nail polish remains perfect for a few more episodes, I think I may have to stop watching the show due it so obviously being contrived.

Or, are we to believe that she found nail polish and remover in the suitcase she found? Had them in her pocket, just in case she got swept out to sea?

In the case of the former, I'd want to check what color of polish she had on before she found the suitcase.

Japanfan

Big guy had found her suitcase so she may have packed the nail polish for herself.

When? Do the castaways get to pack a suitcase before being castaway, presumably knowing where they are going to land?

Although keeping a container of nail polish and remover in one's pocket might be a smart thing for a girl to do in all circumstances. A girl doesn't want to be caught with chipped nails (the horror, the horror), regardless of how hungry or tired she may be. :)

LeafOnTheWind

Each castaway packed a bag but none of them landed near their own. They had to look around for survival tools because they reached land with nothing. The bags also contained the journals they had to write.

Some bags were more useful than others depending on the owners survival skills knowledge.

Japanfan

Each castaway packed a bag but none of them landed near their own.

Do you believe that that was just a matter or luck or lack thereof? Was where the castaways landed not determined before they were castaway - as in they were plunked into the ocean in arbitrary locations and where they landed depended on their swimming abilities and choices about which islands to swim for?

And if the situation was arbitrary, wouldn't it be possible for a castaway to land on the island with his/her own bag?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information