2018 Minto Summer Skate (July 26-29, Gloucester ON) & free, live streams to watch

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Schumacher couldn't have gone much worse in junior ladies short...single lutz no combo and down on the triple flip. Same music as last season.

Catherine M

Schumacher couldn't have gone much worse in junior ladies short...single lutz no combo and down on the triple flip. Same music as last season.

See this is why I don't agree with the JGP lady assignments being put through so early. At least wait till July is done unless they are willing to change them after poor summer skates which I doubt they'll do.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
A decent skate from Emy Decelles. She was a bit off on the triple toe, so put the combo with the triple flip. No pops or splats!

Catherine M

Aww Kim Decelles won't be skating :(

Too bad she had to withdraw. At least Alicia Pineault was half way decent; wish skate canada would have left the one of the spots for Laval open till after summer skating season was over with as of the second tier canadian ladies ie their names aren't Osmond or Daleman, Alicia is my favorite.

I can't watch 20+ junior RDs so I guess back to junior ladies on the other feed

Dobre

So I thought I recorded these correctly; but when the announcement of the placements came up at the end, I heard Fabbri & Ayer's name and not McIsaac & Circelli or Bashynska & Beaumont. I wasn't paying attention closely enough, though, to tell you exactly what place I heard for F&A. So maybe assume that F&A are anywhere in this lineup between #3 and #6. Ultimately, this is probably very unhelpful & we'll just have to check the results page when it gets posted (unless someone else watched the event). On the plus side, I can guarantee the placements for #1 and #2 below.

1. Orihara & Royer 61.03
2. Stairs & Graham 60.17
3. Makita & Gunara 57.51
4. McIsaac & Circelli 56.40 (Yes, it is another Cell Block Tango & All That Jazz from Chicago because we wouldn't want to let only those seniors star as broadway murderesses, now would we;))
5. Bashynska & Beaumont 56.34
6. Fabbri & Ayer 55.65

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
It looks like both Gillet/Freedman and Marvaldi/Villeneuve have withdrawn, so Panetta/Mimar were the only pair in the first warm-up group.

They stumbled a bit on the exit from the twist, and she stepped out of the landing on the throw. Score 38.69.

maureenfarone

I am watching the Jr. Pairs but don't have any sound. The 1st pair in the 1st warm up group were the only skaters for the group and now the 2nd group is on the ice.

Switching over the Sr. Men....hope the sound works!

JoannaLouise

Pouliot/Simard: 2tw nicely done, fall on 3STh, nice sbs 2F. She is a star; they are both very good performers. Score 39.67.

Catherine M

Sara Jane Dana must write this in her diary every day: dear diary, I survived another day as this was me during their lift :yikes:

JoannaLouise

Dana/Mayr: 2tw awkward catch, very nice sbs 2F, 3STh fall. He slipped off his edge in the sbs spin. They have nice speed & flow across the ice. Score 27.12.

Catherine M

except for the sbs spin that seemed to be really off and far apart, that was really nice by McIntosh & Toste.

JoannaLouise

McIntosh/Toste: 2tw nice, very good 3STh, sbs 2A small but clean. Great job! Score 48.98.

JoannaLouise

Perrault/Pierro: 2tw, 3STh really nice, lift exit a bit slow and awkward, sbs 2A she falls. Score 38.58.

JoannaLouise

Levesque/Hudon: 3tw messy, sbs 2A she falls, 3STh fall, fw close together & good speed, great ice coverage on the lift. A shame about the mistakes, as they have a lot of really nice qualities to their skating. Score 43.40.

JoannaLouise

Flipped over to senior men in time to see Nam. His LP is to La La Land.

2S
3Lo
3Lz
3A3T
3F1Lo2S
2A
3F

His speed is still lacking, but I thought he did a decent job of expressing the music. Score 139.72; total 227.58.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Nice skate by Iliya Kovler. He should be pleased with getting both triple axels
After the medal ceremony he was awarded the Don Jackson rose bowl; Don made several positive comments to him as he presented it.

victorskid

So I thought I recorded these correctly; but when the announcement of the placements came up at the end, I heard Fabbri & Ayer's name and not McIsaac & Circelli or Bashynska & Beaumont. I wasn't paying attention closely enough, though, to tell you exactly what place I heard for F&A. So maybe assume that F&A are anywhere in this lineup between #3 and #6. Ultimately, this is probably very unhelpful & we'll just have to check the results page when it gets posted (unless someone else watched the event). On the plus side, I can guarantee the placements for #1 and #2 below.

1. Orihara & Royer 61.03
2. Stairs & Graham 60.17
3. Makita & Gunara 57.51
4. McIsaac & Circelli 56.40 (Yes, it is another Cell Block Tango & All That Jazz from Chicago because we wouldn't want to let only those seniors star as broadway murderesses, now would we;))
5. Bashynska & Beaumont 56.34
6. Fabbri & Ayer 55.65

The score for Fabbri & Ayer after they skated was announced as 55.65 but it was modified to 58.82 in the official results. That was done before the placements were announced in the rink - that put them in 3rd.

victorskid

Flipped over to senior men in time to see Nam. His LP is to La La Land.

2S
3Lo
3Lz
3A3T
3F1Lo2S
2A
3F

His speed is still lacking, but I thought he did a decent job of expressing the music. Score 139.72; total 227.58.
In the rink we felt that his spins had improved.

Sorry for the triple post - blame it on early morning catch-up before heading back to the competition.

honey

Missed all the sr men and women yesterday. Looking forward to watching the replays :)

Catherine M

Wish the jr ladies were in a rink with a stream this morning. Oh well, guess I'll flip back and forth between jr dance and pairs till the senior ladies start.

Catherine M

Perreault & Pierro just did sbs triple sals in their freeskate, along with a throw triple sal and double axel combo; their lifts are super scary but I think the triple sals should be enough to get a JGP assignment

JoannaLouise

Missed the first couple of teams; turned on in time to see Panetta/Mimar do 2F2T, 3STh nice height but fall.
Score 66.07; total 104.76.

Catherine M

Marine Pouliot is such a little star but I worry about their lack of sbs double axels; that might keep them from getting a JGP assignment.

JoannaLouise

Pouliot/Simard: 2tw, sbs 2Lo he stepped out, 3STh fall, 3LoTh fall, sbs 2F2T2T both stepped out of last jump, lost their balance a bit in the pair spin. They both look winded; not their best performance, but it's a really cute program.
Score 67.37; total 107.04.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information