2018 Minto Summer Skate (July 26-29, Gloucester ON) & free, live streams to watch

Sylvia

TBD
Guinzbourg 55.66
OMG, Savosin's FS music! Love it!
3l/3t, 3f step out, 2a
Cute, pleasant kid!
Aside: 2018 CAN Novice champ Alec Guinzbourg skated a clean SP (3Lz+3F, 3F, 2A) last week in Skate Detroit and scored 64.70.

ETA:

Thanks for Guinzbourg's music ID, @DobrinFan! I knew I had heard it before -- it's "Smuga Cienia" by Wojciech Kilar.

Is Phan's SP song "Million Eyes" by Loïc Nottet? Orser and Ghislain Briand are with him in the Kiss & Cry.

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Phan! 65.90
3lz/3t, 3a fall, 3f fall/crash into boards
Too bad about the errors. Such a nice skater! Not sure about this program.

Sylvia

TBD
Nam Nguyen's SP music is "That's Life" (Sinatra).

ETA: 4S looked good, 3A turnout, 3Lz+2T. 87.86

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Guay 65.53
"Poeta"
3f/2t, 3lz, 2a, good job!
Uh on replay, which was the Lutz and flip? Lol

DobrinFan

Day 47.06
"Oblivion"
3s step out, 3lz< fall, 1a
Well, I liked that! He's a nice skater, too bad about the errors. Some spin errors too.

DobrinFan

Turcotte 73.99
LOL he almost lost his suspenders at one point, clean! No 3a.
Well he's happy with that and he should be!

Sylvia

TBD
Turcotte's SP song was "It's De-Lovely."

Toman's SP song is "Complainte de la Butte" sung by Rufus Wainwright from Moulin Rouge, choreographed by Joey Russell. ETA: 77.83 2nd - jumps: 4S fall, 3Lz+3T and 3A.

Brian Le's SP music is "Eleanor Rigby" - performed by Frankie Moreno with violinist Joshua Bell.

DobrinFan

Toman 77.83
Oh cute costume, screams French!
4s fall, 3lz/3t, 3a

Last edited:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
That's a great score for Toman, with a fall on the quad sal. 77 something. He likes it!
I really want him to get the skate Canada host spot and this could help with that.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I'm getting ready to watch the junior men SP. Wow every warmup group has at least one JGP bound competitor so hopefully we will see some good skating!

I figured out how to cast the stream from my iPad to my new 50 inch smart TV, so I'm really excited to watch all the skating this week-end!

I caught the end of the novice men. The quality of the video stream is excellent as usual! Well done Skate Canada!

How? I can do lap top to big tv but not iPad?

Sylvia

TBD
Toman's SP song is "Complainte de la Butte" sung by Rufus Wainwright from Moulin Rouge, choreographed by Joey Russell.
For those interested, Bennet wrote about his new programs in his blog: https://bennetsworld.wordpress.com/2018/05/06/my-new-programs-for-this-year/
I really want him to get the skate Canada host spot and this could help with that.
I'm rooting for him, too. :)

ETA that music is starting to be updated in the ISU bios for JGP #1 SVK skaters (both Canadian men) - Stephen Gogolev's new FS is to music from the Sherlock Holmes film soundtrack: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00101086.htm
Aleksa Rakic's SP music 's "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice and he has a Rachmaninov FS: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00105982.htm

Last edited:

Catherine M

I'm doing housework/laundry right now but have the stream for Jr men up and running on my TV so hope to watch some of the freeskates since I missed their SPs last night.

And just want to thank Skate Canada once again for arranging for the Dailymotion account. Since I figured out last season to run on chrome with an add blocker, I don't have any problems and now can watch on my TV too.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
How? I can do lap top to big tv but not iPad?

I'm using the Roku TV Cast app. You have to copy and paste the video URL into the browser in the app.

I'm watching junior men now but I really want to watch the first group of junior ladies at 10:40 so we'll see.

Catherine M

Even though the jumps were pretty much a big ole mess, I really like Jack Dushenski. Someone to keep an eye on as the season goes on.

beckab81

Koen Kucher looked so happy with his skate & score - part of why I love watching juniors :). Nice recovery in the 2nd half when he seemed to get his legs under him, score was around 102.

Catherine M

Kucher has a nice look on the ice too. I wonder if he's interested in pairs???

Alec Guinzbourg seemed really rushed out there. hopefully he'll learn how to skate to his music, not through it as he gets older

DobrinFan

Orzel, R&J, 131.61 FS score
I felt like he spent most of that program setting up jumps until the footwork. I'm not feeling this 3.5 mins FP. Jumps not as good as the SP.

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Oh, Gogolev not so solid today. Two trips in the footwork. Not much choreo. Guess you can only do so much with the new time limit. Thanks ISU.
Three quad attempts (lz, toe, sal). Fall on 4lz, single axel.
146.85 FS score

DobrinFan

Phan is skating to last year's free. So is he with Borser now? 127.35, 3rd place overall.

Last edited:

Catherine M

Phan is such a great skater. Hopefully the jumps will be there for him on the JGP so he can make the final

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information