2018-19 Programs and Choreographers

Nmsis

The musics for Villard de Lans junior ice dance couples who will compete at the JGP :
Choreo by Karine Arribert

Loicia Demougeot / Théo Le Mercier
RD : Codigo De Barra by Bajofondo
FD : Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine, Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf

Marie Dupayage / Thomas Nabais
RD : Paris, Texas by Gotan Project, La Chicana by Juguete Rabiosa
FD : Spiegel Im Spiegel by Arvo Part and Valse d'Amélie Remix by Yann Tiersen

Lila-Maya Seclet Monchot / Renan Manceau
RD : Love Theme from The Godfather and Last Tango In Paris by the Cinematic Tango Experience
FD : Ommaty by Orange Blossom

Lou Terreau / Noé Perron
RD : Au Suivant by Siri Vik, La Chanson Des Vieux Amants by the Novafonic Quartet
FD : Porz Goret by Yann Tiersen, Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy Remix (I'm betting on Pentatonix's that Villard junior ballet used last year)

Source : the facebook page of the club

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Interesting that Zhulin picked his rivals' music from the 1992 Olympics and gave it to SinKats. Also, unless they add some electric beats a la 2001 (that was so popular back then) I don't think any team is allowed to do straight up "Air" anymore because of the discernible beat and change of tempo requirements. But then it seems some teams get away with that anyway. Not sure how enforced the rules are.

Those two are just about enough of a trainwreck to skate to Bach with beats.

Amy L

From this Instagram post, it sounds like Tarasova/Morozov are using "Are You Gonna Go My Way" with the Lenny Kravitz vocals.

Willin

@Rukia On one hand I applaud their unusual music choices for adding some much needed variety. On the other, some people should really just stay in their lane and T/M are the prime example of that.

Maybe if they took hip hop, jazz, or broadway dance classes they could be ready in a few years, but right now they're too far into that Russian balletic style for anything other than classical music to work.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
@Rukia On one hand I applaud their unusual music choices for adding some much needed variety. On the other, some people should really just stay in their lane and T/M are the prime example of that.

Maybe if they took hip hop, jazz, or broadway dance classes they could be ready in a few years, but right now they're too far into that Russian balletic style for anything other than classical music to work.
Yeah, that's where I'm at too. I mean the song isn't bad, and for some people it would work amazingly. For these two though, not so much. Same thing with like half of their programs.

Tinami Amori

From this Instagram post, it sounds like Tarasova/Morozov are using "Are You Gonna Go My Way" with the Lenny Kravitz vocals.
This is from their yesterday's practice, different music playing during full run-through, and another one from 3 days ago.
But Kravitz' piece has been heard before during their practices.
https://vk.com/video36187980_456239156

https://www.facebook.com/evellize.l...669693/2067186483320734/?type=3&theater&ifg=1
(scroll down, to 2nd video)

https://vk.com/videos36187980?z=video36187980_456239141/pl_36187980_-2

Currently T/M are in Sochi summer camp, and until 2 hours ago, they were up in the mountains on weekend swimming in natural springs: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmofYjUgWRo/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ha7k7gjyhos8
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmofmfHgHws/?taken-by=morozov_v92

RoseRed

I think some other things besides classical music could work, just not so much the ones they've tried. Their "Ordinary People" ex was pretty good.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
^^ wait, is this her dress? or is she doing modeling for the company?

I do like it a bit.. but it WAYYYYY resembles Ash Wagner's Moulin Rouge dresses a bit....

Actually... Wait... now that have a second peek-a-poke at it its wayyyy more basic than Ash wagers dresses... at first it resembles it then when you really look at it there really isn't much going on with it.

Willin

I get that the dress is from her new line of dresses, but I HATE the fact that the illusion netting is so incredibly different from her skin tone, even without a summer tan. (And it doesn't quite look like it's worth $1250)
Well, it's $960 USD, not that it makes that any better. I think materials and construction time would make up for some of that, but it's still very expensive compared to other brands' dresses with similar rhinestone levels. Brad Griffies dresses with similar fabric and rhinestone amounts go for only $600-700 USD. Rhinestoned Del Arbour dresses (the "expensive" brand) are $500-850. At one time The Well Dressed Skater sold stock dresses in the range of $200-350. Unrhinestoned dresses almost identical to that one are closer to $150-200, and doing the rhinestones like that yourself would add in an extra $100-200.
For some well established and/or popular dress makers in the US (Tania Bass and Lisa McKinnon) sell stock dresses for upwards of $1200, but they're definitely the exception because they can charge that much. But for newer brands selling to non-senior international skaters? They shouldn't charge anywhere close to that for stock dresses. I'd imagine that this brand will either have to lower prices or decide to cater to a non-stock dress crowd if they hope to stay in business for long. Maybe they're hoping the Gabby Daleman tie-in will justify the high prices enough that people will buy.

ETA: It should also be noted that you can buy fully rhinestoned dresses for as low as $200 from legit brand that haven't done work for top skaters and/or aren't trendy. Sharene Designs (for whom Alexa Knirem was a model) sells them for $200-300. Jerry's and Expression (no or minimal rhinestones but lots of glitter) sells for $150-200. Dresses by Jen will sell sample dresses as low as $130. Either Canada is far more expensive or this brand isn't comparing price points well.

^^ wait, is this her dress? or is she doing modeling for the company?

I do like it a bit.. but it WAYYYYY resembles Ash Wagner's Moulin Rouge dresses a bit....

Actually... Wait... now that have a second peek-a-poke at it its wayyyy more basic than Ash wagers dresses... at first it resembles it then when you really look at it there really isn't much going on with it.
She collaborated with the new(ish) Canadian skating dress brand, Costume House, to produce a line of "designer" skating dresses. She modeled for the line as well.

I believe they did a collab with Meagan Duhamel last year, making her a dress she wore to an early club competition. I would imagine that's what's happening here: having her compete in one of the dresses exactly once for the exposure. They've also had her wear a dress or two for exhibitions this summer. By the time the actual season rolls around I'd imagine she'll have a fancier dress from Costume House or someone else. Since they're a new brand, having a top Canadian skater wear their stuff can go a long way in getting their actual bread and butter, little girls, buy their products.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Willin

@Tinami Amori As I said in my previous post, it's almost certainly not better. This dress is way overpriced compared to comparable designs (and it should be noted that this brand's designs similar/ripped off of Brad Griffies ones are their lowest priced - not that I blame the rip off since aspects of his designs have been used by many skating dress and leotard manufacturers since their debut).

As noted, the dress you linked sold for $145 without rhinestones. With the rhinestones it would be closer to $600-700, which is still $350 less than Costume House is charging for something comparable.

Tinami Amori

@Tinami Amori As I said in my previous post, it's almost certainly not better. This dress is way overpriced compared to comparable designs (and it should be noted that this brand's designs similar/ripped off of Brad Griffies ones are their lowest priced - not that I blame the rip off since aspects of his designs have been used by many skating dress and leotard manufacturers since their debut).

As noted, the dress you linked sold for $145 without rhinestones. With the rhinestones it would be closer to $600-700, which is still $350 less than Costume House is charging for something comparable.
Thank you! yes, i did not look at the 145 USD dress, only the first one, and it looks like it comes decorated.
But even if it did not, all it takes in 1-2-3 bags of rhinestones, and a glue gun.. and 1 hour of work.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144-pcs-Mi...hash=item5d63c124f6:m:myxZ_TMnv8kJWVzwCV-dvMQ

Is the fabrique different? fitting wise, stretch wise? something else?

VGThuy

That Daleman dress looks like a generic dress with plastered on rhinestones that serve no purpose other than to have rhinestones because it's "skating". A lot of skating dresses really go for the beauty pageant aesthetic.

Willin

@Tinami Amori They're not advertising it that way. In fact, between their designs and the way they are advertising color/skirt options I'd assume they're trying to capitalize off the fact that Brad Griffies is so popular that he can't take orders year-round.

@VIETgrlTerifa This is a classic design: a sweetheart neckline with a rhinestone necklace and some rhinestones along the neckline. It's so classic and overdone that almost no one but the cheapest brands makes it any more. When you do get a dress like this for Juniors or Seniors it's way over the top on rhinestones and/or unique like Ashley's Moulin Rouge dresses.

VGThuy

I was disappointed by the lack of cobra boobs in the selection.:drama:

That was kind of my thought. The Daleman line seems so un-Daleman, but then I bet she pays big bucks for her dresses. I'm like Tinami in thinking I can't believe the prices of the dresses in that line but then I bet this is on the cheap side for skating even if they are expensive for the stock dress crowd.

Tavi

Gabby Daleman kept her "Carmen" Sp from last season. She is skating to "Mon Coeur S'oure A Ta Voix" by Sissel and instrumental Samson and Delilah for her FP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdNxRWyu0Nk

Slight correction: She’s skating to two pieces from Samson et Dalila by Saint Saens. “Mon coeur s’ouvre a ta voix” is Dalila’s second act aria. The rest is the Danse Bacchanale in the last act.

Dobre

That Daleman dress looks like a generic dress with plastered on rhinestones that serve no purpose other than to have rhinestones because it's "skating". A lot of skating dresses really go for the beauty pageant aesthetic.

OK . . . but remember what the Samson & Delilah aesthetic can look like:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Del...AUICygC&biw=1425&bih=734#imgrc=Vhg5KJvk3Qoo3M:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ors...AUIDCgD&biw=1425&bih=734#imgrc=SDxbNjZ2qo-O8M:

mollymgr

That was kind of my thought. The Daleman line seems so un-Daleman, but then I bet she pays big bucks for her dresses. I'm like Tinami in thinking I can't believe the prices of the dresses in that line but then I bet this is on the cheap side for skating even if they are expensive for the stock dress crowd.
It's great that she has opportunities for endorsements. There is only so much stuff skaters can endorse.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I love the aria, but 1. when it's sung by opera singers and 2. not really for skating, especially when its butchered with all of those cuts. I prefer the Bacchanale for skating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information