2023-24 Program Music and Choreographers

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
If the RD turns out to be a Michael Jackson fest, I may be taking some very long fridge breaks. I know that enjoying the music is not the same as approving of the artist, but after all the revelations about his behaviour around young boys, I really have no desire to listen to his music or to see skaters perform to it.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Charlene Guignard / Marco Fabbri

RD: Holding Out For a Hero by Adam Lambert, Bonnie Tyler
Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins
Holding Out For a Hero by Glee Cast, Bonnie Tyler

FD: Through the Sheets (from "Emily" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski
Arrival of the Birds (from "The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos") by The Cinematic Orchestra
A Model of the Universe ("The Theory of Everything" soundtrack) by Johann Johannsson
Closing Credits ("The Dressmaker" soundtrack) by David Hirschfelder

Choreographers listed: Corrado Giordani, Barbara Fusar Poli

Source: ISU App

Last edited:

skipaway

Charlene Guignard / Marco Fabbri

RD: Holding Out For a Hero by Adam Lambert, Bonnie Tyler
Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins
Holding Out For a Hero by Glee Cast, Bonnie Tyler

FD: Through the Sheets (from "Emily" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski
Arrival of the Birds (from "The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos") by The Cinematic Orchestra
A Model of the Universe ("The Theory of Everything" soundtrack) by Johann Johannsson
Closing Credits ("The Dressmaker" soundtrack) by David Hirschfelder

Choreographers listed: Corrado Giordani, Barbara Fusar Poli

Source: ISU App
That’s a lot of musical cuts coming. 😳

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
omg against all odds I used to listen to that on 45! idk how they can get away with the Glee cast cover though I'm with Theatregirl1122 in that I thought that breaks the rules

Jay42

Between the click of the light
omg against all odds I used to listen to that on 45! idk how they can get away with the Glee cast cover though I'm with Theatregirl1122 in that I thought that breaks the rules
So did I. That’s why Piper and Paul are using the Lover Speaks version of No More I Love You’s.

peibeck

Simply looking
I have no scoop about the new 23/24 programs, but I'm going to guarantee that in 24/25 and 25/26 we're going to get inundated with programs from the Netflix pirate series "One Piece" score.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I have no scoop about the new 23/24 programs, but I'm going to guarantee that in 24/25 and 25/26 we're going to get inundated with programs from the Netflix pirate series "One Piece" score.
buggy programs only pls

actually Shoma is going to be able to be like "i was luffy before your live action version came out take that"

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Evgeniia Lopareva /Geoffrey Brissaud
RD : Sans Contrefaçon by Mylène Farmer

Holly frigging YESSSSS !
They are soooo moving back up in my esteem after their Piaf that had an aftertaste of Emily in Paris platitude (yuk yuk yuk)
Now, don't let me down on the FD, pretty please.

They have a Rachmaninov FD.

RD: Sans contrefacon by Mylene Farmer
Tristana by Mylene Farmer
Sans contrefacon by Mylene Farmer

FD: Elegie in E-Flat Minor, Op. 3, No. 1 by Sergei Rachmaninov
Prélude in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 3, No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov

Choreographers listed: Guillaume Cizeron , Romain Haguenauer

Source: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00106969.htm

Sylvia

TBD
Korean article translated here with details about both skaters' programs: https://twitter.com/kteam_subs/status/1701675532524372224 & https://twitter.com/kteam_subs/status/1701675592293257470

Haien Lee (KOR)
SP: "Seirenes" - a modern piece by American composer Christopher Tin
Choreographers: Lori Nichol & Carolina Kostner
FS: Notre Dame de Paris (she story of Esmeralda)
Choreographer: Shae-Lynn Bourne

Yelim Kim (KOR) - her ISU bio has been updated: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054721.htm
SP: Ladies In Lavender by Nigel Hess (presumably the well-known piece played by violinist Joshua Bell)
Choreographer: Jeffrey Buttle
FS: "Je Suis Malade" performed by Geneviève Leclerc
Choreographer: David Wilson (Sandra Bezic is also mentioned in the Korean article)

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Korean article translated here with details about both skaters' programs: https://twitter.com/kteam_subs/status/1701675532524372224 & https://twitter.com/kteam_subs/status/1701675592293257470

Haien Lee (KOR)
SP: "Seirenes" - a modern piece by American composer Christopher Tin
Choreographers: Lori Nichol & Carolina Kostner
FS: Notre Dame de Paris (she story of Esmeralda)
Choreographer: Shae-Lynn Bourne

Yelim Kim (KOR) - her ISU bio has been updated: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054721.htm
SP: Ladies In Lavender by Nigel Hess (presumably the well-known piece played by violinist Joshua Bell)
Choreographer: Jeffrey Buttle
FS: "Je Suis Malade" performed by Geneviève Leclerc
Choreographer: David Wilson (Sandra Bezic is also mentioned in the Korean article)
Can we please ban "Notre Dame de Paris" and "Je suis malade"? For good?!

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
As one of the few people on here who loves Bolero I'm very interested to see what Kevin can do with it.

I love it too. But I don't want to see yet another program with someone wearing a red and black costume and stomping dramatically around the ice.

orbitz

As one of the few people on here who loves Bolero I'm very interested to see what Kevin can do with it.

I don't like Kevin's version. It seems rather empty, especially in the second half where he's just stroking and pumping his arms while going from one jumping pass to the the next. Maybe it's a strategy to cut out some of the choreography in order to focus on landing clean jumps. Granted, it's early in the season, but I thought his LP last season at Worlds to Gladiator was quite empty too.

Is knees slide-on-ice a thing this season like cartwheel-on-ice was last season ? The problem is that these skaters aren't holding the slide position once they're down to the ice. They go down and then quickly get back up, diminishing any dramatic impact of the slide. I didn't like it when Jason did it in his LP last year either. You have to execute the knees slide like Paul Wylie's.

Last edited:

Cayuse

Is knees slide-on-ice a thing this season like cartwheel-on-ice was last season ? The problem is that these skaters aren't holding the slide position once they're down to the ice. They go down and then quickly get back up, diminishing any dramatic impact of the slide. I didn't like it when Jason did it in his LP last year either. You have to execute the knees slide like Paul Wylie's.
Thanks for sharing Paul Wylie's performance to Why God. Such an exceptional performance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information