2023-24 Program Music and Choreographers

RoseRed

Isn't Romain normally their main choreographer? So maybe we need to ask what he was thinking.

I haven't actually watched it yet, so no personal opinion.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Speaking of Singin' in the Rain :) : https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwNdvbQKQqp/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Now this is something different. Ilia's not even trying to dance, he's just keeping it super simple, but there's something very nice about him just listening to the music and gliding around and looking happy. Good way to work on being more relaxed and expressive.
Why are they not giving him something more this style in competition? I mean I know he needs connections and stuff but still he looks so relaxed and charming.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Why are they not giving him something more this style in competition? I mean I know he needs connections and stuff but still he looks so relaxed and charming.
Could be that he wasn't really ready for it in a competitive program.

yurokis40

The brits FD is terrible, I still can`t believe international judges had the audacity to place them ahead of the canadanes at worlds a result that should have been investigated honestly.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Marie Dupayage & Thomas Nabais (FRA)
RD: "St. John" by Aerosmith/"Cry Me a River" by Aerosmith/"Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash
Choreographer: Karine Arribert (presumably)

(I'm assuming this is their actual music and not just random clips they picked to go with the video, as the music and movements seem closely matched.)

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The brits FD is terrible, I still can`t believe international judges had the audacity to place them ahead of the canadanes at worlds a result that should have been investigated honestly.

That was last year's terrible program. Nothing to do with the awfulness of this year's program.

viennese

wrecked
As a skating fan of the early 1980s, my first thought is:

Tribute to David Santee! 🥊

The 1980s-ness of the Rocky music is the problem. Fear/Gibson staked their claim doing high energy free dance programs and this year everybody will be doing 1980s RDs, so this is their moment to go in totally different musical direction for the free dance.

I don't think this music sets them apart or challenges them.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Juulia Turkkila / Matthias Versluis

RD: Tell It to My Heart - Club Mix by Taylor Dayne, Ernie Gold, Seth Swirsky
I'll Always Love You - Single Mix by Taylor Dayne, Jimmy George
Prove Your Love - Extended Remix by Taylor Dayne, Arnie Roman, Seth Swirsky

FD: Mass (Re-Imagined) by Phoria, Ed Sanderson, James Cheeseman, Jeb Hardwick, Seryn Burden, Trewin Howard
Loss by Phoria, Edward Sanderson, Jeb Hardwick, Seryn Burden, Tim Douglas, Trewin Howard

Choreographer listed: Massimo Scali

Source: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00101384.htm

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Juulia Turkkila / Matthias Versluis

FD: Mass (Re-Imagined) by Phoria, Ed Sanderson, James Cheeseman, Jeb Hardwick, Seryn Burden, Trewin Howard
Loss by Phoria, Edward Sanderson, Jeb Hardwick, Seryn Burden, Tim Douglas, Trewin Howard

Choreographer listed: Massimo Scali

Source: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00101384.htm

Which Mass is being “reimagined”…Bernstein, Bach, Handel? I’m not aware of the listed names (some named twice).
I’m expecting a lot of beauty from this team!

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Ohhh Taylor Dane! I am here for this.

I actually just looked up the "club mix" of Tell It to My Heart and literally it uses every percussion sound effect I had on my 80s Casio keyboard. I could not possibly love this more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information