2017-18 Program Information/Event Schedule spreadsheets

clairecloutier

Hi all. I have created 2 spreadsheets with info for the 2017-2018 season.

2017-2018 Program Information spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmBFW5NDdfeQLAHw-Y_EGACCaBk98ondleSRXiHGaho/edit?usp=sharing

2017-2018 Event Schedule spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wru5kDLlOuetxsyNu6rap5q1I1Vfk9WZR5hfGMChpUw/edit?usp=sharing

Just a couple notes on these spreadsheets.

1. @Sylvia and I are updating the sheets jointly; we'll try to keep them as current as possible, but bear in mind we're doing this in our spare time, so there may be some gaps now & then.

2. Please keep posting any new program info you find in the Program Music thread!! :) We will add it to the spreadsheet!

3. Please PM us if there is a figure skating show (with notable skaters) happening in your area that you want us to include. If so, we'll need dates/location/event info link.

3. In the Program Information spreadsheet, we've listed 1) the top 24 finishers or so from each discipline at Worlds/Junior Worlds; 2) any skaters who are expected to be on the GP or Junior GP next year; 3) other notable skaters who have a following on FSU/elsewhere. However, just FYI, this spreadsheet is NOT a comprehensive list of every competitive skater out there.

4. If you have any comments/suggestions about the spreadsheets, please PM me and @Sylvia. We'll try to make changes as needed but again, just bear in mind this is something we're doing in our spare time.

5. I believe the admins will be posting this thread as a sticky at the top of Great Skate Debate.

I hope the info in these sheets will be useful! And, again, any help people can provide in terms of posting information in the Program Music thread is MUCH appreciated! You can also PM us with any new program information. Thanks!

Last edited:

Visaliakid

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xmBFW5NDdfeQLAHw-Y_EGACCaBk98ondleSRXiHGaho/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wru5kDLlOuetxsyNu6rap5q1I1Vfk9WZR5hfGMChpUw/edit?usp=sharing

1. @Sylvia and I are updating the sheets jointly; we'll try to keep them as current as possible, but bear in mind we're doing this in our spare time, so there may be some gaps now & then.

I hope the info in these sheets will be useful! And, again, any help people can provide in terms of posting information in the Program Music thread is MUCH appreciated! You can also PM us with any new program information. Thanks!

For those of us who are copying these spreadsheets to our computers how will you notate each new update... by date, hopefully? Really do appreciate this information being organized. Thank you Claire and Sylvia. - Peter

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Medvedeva's SP: Nocturne №20 in C-Sharp Minor, Op. Posth played by Joshua Bell
LP - George Winston – January Stars, Max Richter – Departure (Lulbaby) & Dona Nobis Pacem 2.
Choreographed by Gleihengause and Averbukh

seabm7

About the source of Korean pairs & dance programs. There is one minor correction:

It's 2017 Korea Challenge (for Nebelhorn selection and Olympics selection Stage 1), not Ranking Competition. The Ranking Competition is Stage 2 of the Olympics selection and will be held in December.

Last edited:

Dobre

Efimova & Petrov's FD is to Umbrellas of Cherbourg. It was identified in the Lake Placid thread. (And I would concur).

Friend & Badoui's FD music is Love Story. It was identified in the Lake Placid thread as well (and I would concur). They are competing as seniors on the Challenger Series rather than as juniors on the JGP this season.

Fear & Waddell's FD music is a Coldplay Medley. Sky Full of Stars, Fix You, and Viva la Vida. It's posted on youtube if you search "Lake Placid, Fear & Waddell, FD 2017." I'm not sure which LP video links are OK to post since many of them were taken down.

Marsh & Verburg's FD music is to Moulin Rouge. It was identified in the Lake Placid thread also.

Galyeta & Brown's FD music is to Cabaret & is identified in the Lake Placid thread as well.

Abachkina & Thauron's FD is Je Suis Malade. The video link is posted in the Chicago Dance/Pairs thread.

Nazarova & Nikitin's FD includes Pirates of the Caribbean. (I'm not sure if it includes something else at the beginning or if it is all from Pirates). The video link is posted in the Chicago Dance/Pairs thread.

If you need me to repost those video links or the actual post numbers from the two dance event threads, let me know. I thought maybe you were waiting for a formal announcement on these; but the message in the programs & choreographers thread implied maybe they were just missed in the mad dash of recent competitions.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

Thanks @Dobre. I think all is updated now. For music that has been seen at a competition but wasn't officially announced, we've decided to just put "Identified at xx competition" or "Debuted at yy competition".

Dobre

Thanks @Dobre. I think all is updated now. For music that has been seen at a competition but wasn't officially announced, we've decided to just put "Identified at xx competition" or "Debuted at yy competition".

Thanks, Claire!

Lagouge & Rahier's music was also announced earlier in the Programs & Choreographer's thread. I have no idea where, but this is the part Sylvia quoted in the French Summer Cup thread. The link to their programs is also in that competition thread.

SD
Oye como va
Frío sin ti by Navajita plateá -
???

FD - Theme : the life of Coco Chanel
Little Black Baby - Scott Joplin (ragtime)
??? (tango)
Tema per una donna sola by Ennio Morricone (waltz)
??? (waltz)
Cocomotion by El Coco (disco)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I can only find the spreadsheet for ladies. Are there spreadsheets for the other disciplines, and if so how do I access them? Thanks.

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not. Ilyushechkina and Moscovtich will skate to:
SP - In the air tonight, Phil Collins, choreo by Dubreuil and David Wilson
LP - At this moment, Billy Vera and the Beaters, choreo Wilson and Bezic.

clairecloutier

I can only find the spreadsheet for ladies. Are there spreadsheets for the other disciplines, and if so how do I access them? Thanks.

Hi @alilou. When you open the spreadsheet link, look toward the bottom of the page. You should see tabs for Ladies, Men, Pairs, Ice Dance, Junior Ladies, Junior Men, etc. Just click on the tab you want, and it should take you to the relevant page.

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not. Ilyushechkina and Moscovtich will skate to:
SP - In the air tonight, Phil Collins, choreo by Dubreuil and David Wilson
LP - At this moment, Billy Vera and the Beaters, choreo Wilson and Bezic.

Usually, we like to include a source for program info. Can you tell us if this info is from a video interview, print article, skaters' social media, or direct observation of programs at HPC?

bbkenn

Thanks so much for this.

Sylvia

TBD
From HPC interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2itTAbvCJg
Kevin Reynolds
LP is to:
The Armed Man (a mass for peace) by Karl Jenkins. Choreo - he says short and free were choreographed by Shae Lynn and Mark Pillay but doesn't distinguish who did what.
Thanks! Kevin's SP was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne (it's already in the spreadsheet); I'll go add his FS music & Pillay's name now.

aemeraldrainc

From HPC interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2itTAbvCJg
Kevin Reynolds
SP is to:
Whiplash OST
LP is to:
The Armed Man (a mass for peace) by Karl Kenkins. Choreo - he says short and free were choreographed by Shae Lynn and Mark Pillay but doesn't distinguish who did what.

I'm excited to see this! He always chooses original music to skate to and I appreciate that about him.
I doubt you'll ever see him skate to a warhorse in his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information