The Good News Thread

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I’ve read that Marissa Hargitay has come to feel a responsibility as a role model because a # of fans have contacted her about their struggles.
That's nice but what kind of parent lets their small child watch that show? That little girl may have gone to her just because she's an adult woman but who is she a role model to? IMO small children should not even know who she is.

gkelly

That's nice but what kind of parent lets their small child watch that show? That little girl may have gone to her just because she's an adult woman but who is she a role model to? IMO small children should not even know who she is.
According to the article, "While she was filming season 25 of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit on April 10, a little girl who had lost her mom made a beeline for Hargitay, thinking she was a real police officer based on the actress' prop badge."

Not because the child had seen the show on TV, and not just because Hargitay is a woman, but because she was wearing a (prop) police badge.

Simone411

Last edited:

Simone411

This can also be watched on the NASA app if you have it. The echo effect I was hearing has now straightened out.

Simone411

Some more good news for Shreveport, La., and it means jobs for the locals and other areas surrounding downtown Shreveport. I'll just say, God bless 50 cent. He's trying to make a better future for us in Northwest Louisiana.

SHREVEPORT, La. -- Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson is making big moves already with property purchases in downtown Shreveport.

The music mogul has purchased two buildings -- 218 Texas Street and 205 Texas Street.

Realtor Beth King says the buildings are enriched with Shreveport history.

“The building's got a great history. ... I believe it was the location of a Dream Girl movie house. But that's got some significant history to it. And then Drake Printing occupied the building for many, many years, so it's had a good history to it,” said King.

King says this is only the beginning of what's to happen downtown in connection with Jackson's G-Unit Studios.

“Every development in every new project that comes online, it sparks other developments. And so I really think that the acquisition development of these two buildings goes a long way in serving as a catalyst to have other developments happen downtown,” said King.

Revitalization, housing, and youth programs. That's Jackson's three-phased plan to invest in Shreveport and its residents.

“The building, though, it's well-loved and well aged, and it requires significant renovations and commitment of dollars. And the good thing about G-Unit buying the building is they're committed to putting that investment in the building. Every good development and project downtown helps not just the residents but the daytime people that work here downtown, whether it's restaurants or another convenience store or another art gallery, whatever it's going to be,” said King.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information