Worlds Exhibition, live on Peacock today at 2pm est

Steph

Fair enough. I didn't know that. And, no, the post isn't weird. There were people questioning the appropriateness of Lukas' program despite the background Lukas himself provided about the program concept and it was perfectly valid and respectful.

I don't know anything about Elladj apart from him being a big social media influencer/star. I can appreciate his program as a lovely, heartfelt tribute to his culture. I just find most of the posts questioning any skater/team's music choices on the grounds of cultural appropriation to be political correctness gone off the deep end.
You're really gonna double down on this, eh?

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I must’ve missed the b*tching. I thought it was respectful and certainly led to me adding the track to my playlists. Which I think is a good thing.
I just watched the program, I don't bother with comments!, but I did consider whether it was appropriate. I think it was and as I said he gave us something we otherwise wouldn't have been exposed to.

People do have to be careful to avoid repeating negative stereotypes but these days people have learned that and its a good thing they have and that we see sharing of different cultures respectfully.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I just watched the program, I don't bother with comments!, but I did consider whether it was appropriate. I think it was and as I said he gave us something we otherwise wouldn't have been exposed to.

People do have to be careful to avoid repeating negative stereotypes but these days people have learned that and its a good thing they have and that we see sharing of different cultures respectfully.
Definitely. I think it's up there with PapCiz's wacking RD from 2022 and Davis/White's Bollywood OD. Both of those teams really took their assignment to heart and did a lot of work learning from experts/professionals in those genres. I think Lukas did the same within the parameters of a men's FS program (which is quite different from an ice dance RD/SD/OD).

Sylvia

TBD
No commentary in the gold medal replays! :) ETA: Sorry that your epic FS got cut off, Ilia! :D

2nd half of Gala:

15 Patrick CHAN CAN Guest Men
16 Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD FRA 8th Ice Dance
17 Hana YOSHIDA JPN 8th Women
18 Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nikita VOLODIN GER 3rd Pairs
19 Jason BROWN USA 5th Men
20 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 2nd Ice Dance
21 Lukas BRITSCHGI SUI 6th Men
22 Isabeau LEVITO USA 2nd Women
23 Keegan MESSING CAN Guest Men
24 Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN 1st Women
25 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 1st Ice Dance
26 Ilia MALININ USA 1st Men
27 Deanna STELLATO-DUDEK / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN 1st Pairs
FINALE & Best Exhibition Performance Award

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Boooo! Intermission ends and they cut us off right in the middle of the replay of Ilia's program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information