Nguyen & Kolesnik have ended their partnership

aftershocks

Banned Member
PEACE! @aftershocks, I thank you for your comment. They certainly have made a Hugh impact on Ice Dance. I miss them already. They made a huge impact on me.

Dubreuil/Lauzon and Haugenauer with his former partner(s) were good ice dancers, but they are all three even more amazing coaches! Fortunately, they are still coaching.

If you are referencing that you already miss Avonley's and Vadym's partnership, I definitely do too. It's difficult to know what they may have been able to accomplish together. They were delightful to watch, and so it has been somewhat disconcerting to realize the full impact of their split. But then everything happening these days has been one mind-blowing situation after another, in the sports world and beyond.

mikej

I was thinking the same thing. With Vadym having bought a car, moved to an apartment, all to stay in the US makes it seem like the issues could have flared up unexpectedly. I can imagine Igor appealing to them to use cooler heads after a bit of time. To me, it seems like the best all round solution.

Avonley and Vadym wouldn't be the first team to disappear after great success in juniors. But they had such charisma and sparkle together. It's such a shame for this kind of team to simply dissolve.

ETA: I can also imagine Igor saying, you can't paste a broken china vase back together. Or somethin' like that.

In Japan where Figure Skating is popular a broken piece of pottery put back together can be very precious.

Colonel Green

Who is Gart skating with now? We should be sure to familiarize ourselves with Kolesnik’s next partner in a few years.

litenkyckling

Interesting. Young and tiny, and with a lovely personality. But nowhere near his skill level, IMO.
I have hope! She's like sunshine on ice so fingers crossed she gets better (she surely will given she's quite young and skating with such an accomplished partner might help her). I wonder if this gives them an option to skate for Russia if they ever need to?

Perky Shae Lynn

I have hope! She's like sunshine on ice so fingers crossed she gets better (she surely will given she's quite young and skating with such an accomplished partner might help her). I wonder if this gives them an option to skate for Russia if they ever need to?
She definitely is a ray of sunshine. I hope it works out. Vadym's options were pretty limited - he needed someone small. Plus, the citizenship stuff. Avonley's situation is not much better. Not sure where she can find a partner of Vadym's quality. Not to mention, he had no ego - wanted her to shine despite being the stronger skater. As a skating momma, I can say with 100% certainty that is NOT always the case.

Perky Shae Lynn

I’m really pleased he has found someone, and she looks really sweet. Did they team up in time to register for the qualifying events, and will they be skating Junior level?
Anya just turned 15. She is a very young 15, can pass for a 12-13. Definitely juniors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information