Nguyen & Kolesnik have ended their partnership

Perky Shae Lynn

Danny Tsarik's former partner Ella Ales is a tall gorgeous girl. Skill-wise, meh. But may be an option for Vadym if he wants to stay with Igor.

Bigbird

Danny Tsarik's former partner Ella Ales is a tall gorgeous girl. Skill-wise, meh. But may be an option for Vadym if he wants to stay with Igor.
Tell him to go skate with Elena Ilinykh. Haha. But seriously where can he find a suitable partner. He's got to start all over again from scratch?

Bigbird

She might be the best option, lol.

LOL. If she refused Soloviev in favour of having a family, but I am so serious, where will he find a new partner? Is he serious about continuing? That French skater that wanted to dance with Drozd, is she really any good? Do they fit?

kirkbiggestfan

LOL. If she refused Soloviev in favour of having a family, but I am so serious, where will he find a new partner? Is he serious about continuing? That French skater that wanted to dance with Drozd, is she really any good? Do they fit?

Angelique Abachkina is actually Russian (and Didier would not release her to skate for Russia). She has not competed or trained in 2 years. She also revealed that she was dealing with anorexia and bulimia. I am pretty sure that she has moved on, but she was quite the diva on the ice. I would love to see her come back, but that would be very surprising. I believe she was coaching in Zurich.

Last edited:

Perky Shae Lynn

There is no partner in the U.S., unless he's willing to start over. Emmy Bronsard from Montreal would be a good match. She is young (born in 2004) but impressive skill level and absolutely lovely. I can see them together, I think they'd sparkle. But Vadym is loyal to Igor, so Em would need to move. And then there are all sorts of citizenship issues.

ps. Angelique is 20, hasn't skated in at least two years, and is coaching full time in Europe.

Last edited:

dramagrrl

Does anyone know if Ellie Fisher is still skating? She and her partner basically disappeared off the face of the Canadian skating map after being quite successful as juniors, and I don't think there was ever a breakup or retirement announcement. Citizenship issues aside, if she was still interested in competing, she could be a decent match for Vadym.

dramagrrl

Theoretically, Corey Circelli is free for Avonley (last I checked), but they would probably have to skate for Canada as he is also moving up the ladder in his singles career.

Perky Shae Lynn

Both Vadym and Avonley have no obvious partner prospects. Individually, they are top-5 skaters in their age group . Their peers aren't breaking up to make "room" for potential partnerships. Plus Avonley is 5'0. She is tiny and needs a smaller guy to make it work. Vadym theoretically has more options - but then there is that pesky citizenship issue...

aftershocks

Banned Member
Marie-France Dubreuil is a famous Canadian ice dance coach, along with her husband, Patrice Lauzon, and Romain Haguenauer (who is a former ice dancer from France). Dubreuil/ Lauzon used to compete as ice dance partners back in the day. After retiring from competing and skating in shows, Dubreuil/ Lauzon began coaching ice dance at Gadbois Park in Montreal, Canada. Haguenauer used to train with D/L in France during their competition days. Subsequently, Haguenauer teamed with D/L, and he brought his up-and-coming French ice dance team, Papadakis/Cizeron, to Montreal with him. The rest is history.

Dubreuil/Lauzon & Haguenauer get so many requests from ice dance teams to train with them, that they can pick and choose. All 3 top U.S. ice dance teams train with D/L & H in Montreal, along with teams from countries around the world, including Canada, of course. They recently formed the Ice Academy of Montreal to further solidify and expand their successful philosophy and training methods.

Marie-France is also a well-established and admired choreographer for skaters in ice dance, singles and pairs.

If you're having a problem with the 'Quote' feature @mikej, it could be that some of your open and close brackets [ ] are missing. You should be able to hit either the reply button, or the quote button. Both features will place the post you are replying to in the comment section. If you use the quote button, you need to hit 'Insert quotes' under the comment section for the quoted text to be inserted. Me trying to explain this to you is probably more confusing than you working it out on your own through trial and error. Good luck. :)

skylark

If the world ever gets back to normal, I wonder if they’ll just end up back together given the lack of prospects depending on whether they want to continue and how long it takes the world to get back to some sense of normalcy.
I was thinking the same thing. With Vadym having bought a car, moved to an apartment, all to stay in the US makes it seem like the issues could have flared up unexpectedly. I can imagine Igor appealing to them to use cooler heads after a bit of time. To me, it seems like the best all round solution.

Avonley and Vadym wouldn't be the first team to disappear after great success in juniors. But they had such charisma and sparkle together. It's such a shame for this kind of team to simply dissolve.

ETA: I can also imagine Igor saying, you can't paste a broken china vase back together. Or somethin' like that.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Marie-France Dubreuil is a famous Canadian ice dance coach, along with her husband, Patrice Lauzon, and Romain Haguenauer (who is a former ice dancer from France). Dubreuil/ Lauzon used to compete as ice dance partners back in the day. After retiring from competing and skating in shows, Dubreuil/ Lauzon began coaching ice dance at Gadbois Park in Montreal, Canada. Haguenauer used to train with D/L in France during their competition days. Subsequently, Haguenauer teamed with D/L, and he brought his up-and-coming French ice dance team, Papadakis/Cizeron, to Montreal with him. The rest is history.

Dubreuil/Lauzon & Haguenauer get so many requests from ice dance teams to train with them, that they can pick and choose. All 3 top U.S. ice dance teams train with D/L & H in Montreal, along with teams from countries around the world, including Canada, of course. They recently formed the Ice Academy of Montreal to further solidify and expand their successful philosophy and training methods.

Marie-France is also a well-established and admired choreographer for skaters in ice dance, singles and pairs.

Oh really?!
You don't say!

Sylvia

TBD
Send one of them to Marie-France and she can talk them into reuniting.
In case some are unaware of this Marie-France and Lajoie/Lagha story: https://www.ifsmagazine.com/lajoie-lagha-prepared-for-final-challenge/
Lajoie and Lagha, who both began taking skating lessons in 2004, teamed up in 2011. Four years later they won the Canadian novice title at ages 15 and 13 and then suddenly called an end to their partnership.
Differing opinions about training and how each saw the big picture fractured their on-ice relationship. “We did not have the same ideas. Our way of training and our way of looking at things was just not the same. We were really serious about skating but it was not working out so because of this we split,” Lagha explained.
A few months later Marie-France Dubrueil asked Lajoie why the partnership had ended. “She said, ‘you are both good skaters and you should get back together. You really have to find a way to train together. So that helped.” The team reunited that summer.
Obviously every team has their own unique set of circumstances and individual issues, and sometimes a split just can't be undone.

Perky Shae Lynn

Logically speaking, of course they should continue to skate together. But when you have teenagers and their emotions, it's just not that simple. Speculating here, but it seems like Avonely couldn't deal with the situation, whatever that was....

Last edited:

chameleonster

I think it's also sometimes easier to deal with clashes or personal problems when they're there from the jump. Two people who don't mesh well off ice but choose to form a purely professional business partnership in order to advance their careers is a whole different deal from two people who hit it off right away but had problems crop up down the line.

Perky Shae Lynn

I think it's also sometimes easier to deal with clashes or personal problems when they're there from the jump. Two people who don't mesh well off ice but choose to form a purely professional business partnership in order to advance their careers is a whole different deal from two people who hit it off right away but had problems crop up down the line.
Age is a factor as well. Mishkutenok surived Dmitriev's relationship with Druchinina, though by all accounts it was not a fun experience for Natalia. But she was mature enough to power through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information