2018/2019 Grand Prix Final will be in Vancouver

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The tickets are pretty much in line with every other skating event I've been to (apart from Worlds)- about the same as Quebec GPF, (a worse arena), Skate Canadas in various locations, and Nationals.

I'm not questioning whether the tickets are out of line with the prices of other skating events. Paying that much for an all event ticket in an arena with that kind of seating is not good value for me.

ElizabethAnne

116 Row 14. A bit high up, but not bad. Behind the judges.
I was in this section/row for CDN's. The view of the arena is excellent (IMHO) and not many stairs. The only downside in the seating area was the noise from the photographer's monster cameras (at ice level in front of section 117 at CDN's) was sometimes distracting during quiet music. Behind this section it can get very congested. Line ups for food, ladies washroom, handicapped washroom, and water fountain all converge. It is also near the both entrances. As suggested by others, plan your bathroom breaks during skaters you are ok with missing. Almost no line then.

pat c

I'll be there for at least the social events :) But I'm likely going to shell out the major $$$ to go to Skate America in Everett (where I know the arena and know what I'm getting).

Be like that. ;) You'll miss all of our smiling faces tho.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Be like that. ;) You'll miss all of our smiling faces tho.

I'll miss them from the comfort of my living room couch where I can stretch out my legs, walk to the bathroom any time I want without encountering a lineup, and eat whatever food I decide I want to eat. And where the only rat is my cat's stuffed toy rat :p

Japanfan

I'm not questioning whether the tickets are out of line with the prices of other skating events. Paying that much for an all event ticket in an arena with that kind of seating is not good value for me.

You mentioned leg room - Mr. Japanfan is 6 foot 3, with long legs, and was comfortable in the seats.

I think the seats have no less leg room than seats in other venues.

Firedancer

Any chance they will be releasing more tickets closer to the event? I would love to go but I am not sure yet. I looked today and there are already not a lot of tickets left.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Not sure about releasing more, but, generally, people try to sell the tickets they bought when life gets in the way closer to the event.

tylersf

I wish we could do even a Grand Prix event in California (Sacramento, SF, Oakland, San Jose, LA, Anaheim). I'm hoping for Oakland because I could take BART from my house and get off at the Coliseum stop.

Willin

@tylersf That would be nice, but I doubt they'd book Oracle. Maybe once Chase Center opens if it's not too pricey? Anaheim has hosted gymnastic events, so maybe that would be better. I think a lot more people would show up as well. For whatever reason skating families will pay an irrational amount of money to go to competitions near a Disney park.

tylersf

True that Willin. They can attend Skate America/Anaheim then follow it up with a trip to Disney, Knotts Berry Farm and get a jump on Holiday shopping at South Coast Plaza for Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Ferragamo.

@tylersf That would be nice, but I doubt they'd book Oracle. Maybe once Chase Center opens if it's not too pricey? Anaheim has hosted gymnastic events, so maybe that would be better. I think a lot more people would show up as well. For whatever reason skating families will pay an irrational amount of money to go to competitions near a Disney park.

manhn

Any chance they will be releasing more tickets closer to the event? I would love to go but I am not sure yet. I looked today and there are already not a lot of tickets left.

Hope you can make it!

Some people got tickets last minute. Some of the lower floors became available.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
Keeping my fingers crossed there are still decent tickets available tomorrow. The Aussie Dollar is almost equal to the Canadian Dollar at the moment, so we're going to try and book as much as possible now.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
ugh I missed this. I had even signed up for skate canadas mailing list but I must have missed the email?

113 row 18, or 112/108 row 12 or 13?

I worry 18 will be too far up...

AlisonW

Hi everyone, I got my tickets on Wednesday but was pretty annoyed the email from Skate Canada came in only 15 mins prior to the presale! Lucky I happened to check email.
I have a question for you all, will the Gala be on the Sunday afternoon? If it is ever in the evening I would need to book a flight out on the Monday so hoping it will be earlier like Skate Canada was. Anyone know for sure?

manhn

In Quebec City, the FD and Gala occurred Sunday afternoon. In Japan this season, only the gala was on Sunday, taking place 2:30pm local time.

crzesk8dad

Where am I? How do I get off? Do I get ice cream?
Four Continents in Feb 2019 will be in Anaheim.

chantilly

I know it’s not the same as Canadians, but there were tons of empty seats during the whole competition
We were in 106 row 11. Great seats, but would have preferred the other side of the arena behind judges, as the skaters often perform more for them, and hence that side of the rink.
You can just watch and move around.
If people come to claim their rightful seats, you just have to move back to yours.
At Canadians I heard the FD was sold out, but it totally wasn’t.
Tons of empty seats.
If There’s any Japanese skaters there though, don’t count on empty seats, especially the men.

And possibly if Boyang competes.
There’s a huge Chinese community In Vancouver.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
ugh I missed this. I had even signed up for skate canadas mailing list but I must have missed the email?
Same here. I checked my spam folder in case the email went there, but no. I just assumed they rejected me for being outside North America.

Anyway, husband happened to be awake this morning at 4:30am because he was running his telescope, so when ticket sales opened at 5am our time he jumped on and bought tickets. He said seat were disappearing quickly. As he was trying to book he kept being told to choose different ones. Anyway, I'm excited to be going - even if it is a long way off at the moment. :cheer2:

Japanfan

Anyway, husband happened to be awake this morning at 4:30am because he was running his telescope, so when ticket sales opened at 5am our time he jumped on and bought tickets. He said seat were disappearing quickly. As he was trying to book he kept being told to choose different ones.

As I posted earlier, I didn't get the notice until about 4:30 pm. I was lucky to still be able to get seats I'm happy enough with.

I do so wish notices about when tix are going on sale would be sent out a few days in advance. Ticketmaster must have a schedule.

Anyway, I'm excited to be going - even if it is a long way off at the moment. :cheer2:

I'm also really excited, already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information