DWTS Season 24

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Simone was wonderful - a good dancer and a lot of personality. I also really liked the baseball player and the football player. Nancy was very nice tonight, but the dance was clearly tailored to her strengths.

BaileyCatts

I don't know who the football player is, but I predict he will be in the finals. It always amazes me that the football players are so good because I think of football players as these big, bulky, muscular guys (even the skinny guys are huge). But then its like oh yea ... those football players are some of the most agile, quick footed sports guys around so as long as they gotz rhythm, they gonna move and probably be good dancers. :lol:

I guess they had to get the signature songs of Chris Kattan and Mr. T in quickly because ... well, you know. :p They were entertaining, but one of them will probably go first. I don't know who that Erika girl is (Gleb's partner), but she may be the first shock boot because while her dancing was up there, her attitude did not come across well. At least not to me anyway. When Gleb made the comment about "if we win do I get the lambo" it came across as funny. But then when she said "if we win you can have the lambo, I'll just buy another one", it just came across as ..... bytch. She made a couple other comments that completely turned me off to her as well.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
I don't know who the football player is, but I predict he will be in the finals. It always amazes me that the football players are so good because I think of football players as these big, bulky, muscular guys (even the skinny guys are huge). But then its like oh yea ... those football players are some of the most agile, quick footed sports guys around so as long as they gotz rhythm, they gonna move and probably be good dancers. :lol:

I guess they had to get the signature songs of Chris Kattan and Mr. T in quickly because ... well, you know. :p They were entertaining, but one of them will probably go first. I don't know who that Erika girl is (Gleb's partner), but she may be the first shock boot because while her dancing was up there, her attitude did not come across well. At least not to me anyway. When Gleb made the comment about "if we win do I get the lambo" it came across as funny. But then when she said "if we win you can have the lambo, I'll just buy another one", it just came across as ..... bytch. She made a couple other comments that completely turned me off to her as well.

We had the same reaction to the Lamborghini comment.

There was some really nice dancing last night. I think this is going to be a good season.

Scrufflet

^^^
Agreed. I enjoyed the opening. There seems to be a more even field in terms of talent. The Housewife was bland and I don't get the SNL guy at all. Fun seeing Mr. T and Charo although I don't know how long any of us can survive Charo's energy. All tyhe rest are promising.

BaileyCatts

Uhm, did I miss something regarding Charo. On the radio show I listen to, they were going off on Charo, saying how she created all this drama, started fighting with the judges, they had to pull her off the stage, yada yada yada. Okay, but .... wasn't that just schtick, a bit, comedy if you will?? I mean, I thought that was her "gimmick". She is this wild and crazy kinda ditzy woman who unintentionally says some risque things, those goes all cuckoo crazy and starts yelling in Spanish and the guy she is with kinda fake holds her back ..... just like she did last night. That was just her style of comedy, wasn't? I didn't take it as her "fighting" with the judges at all. Just "Charo" being "Charo".

annie720

Uhm, did I miss something regarding Charo. On the radio show I listen to, they were going off on Charo, saying how she created all this drama, started fighting with the judges, they had to pull her off the stage, yada yada yada. Okay, but .... wasn't that just schtick, a bit, comedy if you will?? I mean, I thought that was her "gimmick". She is this wild and crazy kinda ditzy woman who unintentionally says some risque things, those goes all cuckoo crazy and starts yelling in Spanish and the guy she is with kinda fake holds her back ..... just like she did last night. That was just her style of comedy, wasn't? I didn't take it as her "fighting" with the judges at all. Just "Charo" being "Charo".

Yeah, that's pretty much her gimmick. I didn't think anything else happened.

screech

I enjoyed Nancy more than I thought as well. She looked nervous as she danced, but I'm happy she was so happy.

I'm so happy that both Emma and Sasha FINALLY got good partners. I don't want 2 gymnasts in a row to win, but I love that Sasha finally was given a 'ringer'. He's been my sentimental favourite since he made Snooki likeable.

Also, who did Witney piss off? Ever since Alfonso she hasn't seemed to get anyone who is a predicted leader.

I love Heather, but I found that for most of the dance, Maks didn't choreograph well (weird postures, and too long to get into it). I also feel like there was too much focus on 'acting' in the performance instead of focus on the dancing. I feel like with better choreo her scores could have been higher. She was one of the best parts of Glee (especially in the later seasons when the show became horrible) so I want her to be successful. And loved Erin shutting Maks down lol.

Anyone else notice that after the intro (when the whole cast was out) Normani seemed like she just wanted to be the focus (it seemed like she kept shifting into the camera view). Maybe through Val she's been spending a lot of time with Jenna?

Charo was a better dancer than I expected, but despite having had many difficult cast members before I think this is the first time I've seen Tom look so annoyed.

David was better than I expected. That was pretty slow for a quickstep but great for the music. I think Lindsay is emerging as one of the top choreographers on the show. I don't know that I would have had him at the same score as Nancy and Heather though (I'd think they should have been 2-3 points higher than him).

Simone was great, but I found her a bit 'steppy' at times.

Is it just me or has the music gotten really bad?
And my favourite audience sighting: Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna!!!

BaileyCatts

Wait a minute ..... Len is going to be on the entire season, so no going back and forth for UK version. So why is Julianne there? If Len were leaving mid-season, I'm okay with her being there so she sees everyone from the start for when she would "fill in", but that ain't happening this year.
We don't need 4 judges! :mitchell:

:p

annie720

Wait a minute ..... Len is going to be on the entire season, so no going back and forth for UK version. So why is Julianne there? If Len were leaving mid-season, I'm okay with her being there so she sees everyone from the start for when she would "fill in", but that ain't happening this year.

Good question. I thought I'd heard earlier that Julianne was out this season. Didn't know if I'd imagined it.

pixie cut

That is exactly what I said.

mtnskater

Loved Nancy!!! She looks great and really danced beautifully. She is one of the reasons I became a figure skating fan, so I'll always root for her. She surprised me how well she did and the fact that she is still in very good athletic shape. The skating footage was fun. Especially her great high and straight single axel. Love anytime a figure skater gets some national publicity in these days of low skating popularity. Go Nancy :cheer2:

Susan1

http://mashable.com/2017/03/22/kristi-yamaguchi-nancy-kerrigan-tweet/#rhMcUDwKsgqU
Break a leg? Geez.

Although, every time I looked at Nancy watching other skaters, I was wondering when she is going to sneer at someone who gets a better score or does something "corny". Or does the diva thing in practice. Or whines because she is uncomfortable doing something that is not a waltz.

I'll root for her until then because she is a figure skater.

Debbie S

:rolleyes: If the writer had done any research/read Nancy's quotes in the other article, she would know Kristi and Nancy are friends, rather than trying to create some silly drama. I imagine Kristi and Nancy don't exactly think about The Whack every minute of their lives.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Yes, duh, we all know what it means. (Thanks for the "kids" comment, since I am older than Nancy!) It's still snarky. Do you think she tweeted those words to Evan when he was on?

I doubt it was snarky. I agree with MacMadame that it's probably an inside joke with Kristi & Nancy. After all they roomed together in Albertville & I have always thought that was a very big deal since they were vying for the same medals.

BTW I haven't seen any evidence that Kristi has that level of friendship with Evan. If she does, maybe she emailed him. Twitter wasn't that big a deal in 2006.

VGThuy

Does no one know what "break a leg" means any more? Kids today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_a_leg

I think most people know what the phrase means. It's just with Nancy's claim to mainstream fame, that phrase took on extra meaning. I'm sure Kristi didn't intend for it to blow up like that unless she and Nancy came up with the idea to boost Nancy's visibility during the popularity contest that is DWTS. If so, then it's genius.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Typically dancers avoid saying "break a leg" to each other for the obvious reason. In ballet they say "Merde" (and the little chocolates that they're given are called "merdes".)

I'm guessing that both of them know this and it is a deliberate in-joke.

screech

Typically dancers avoid saying "break a leg" to each other for the obvious reason. In ballet they say "Merde" (and the little chocolates that they're given are called "merdes".)

I'm guessing that both of them know this and it is a deliberate in-joke.
Merde also means sh*t in French.

Cynic here, but this could also have been a way to get their names in the news. I doubt either of them are surprised that there are opinions about her comments. Definitely stirring up publicity.

Last edited:

skatfan

I think most people know what the phrase means. It's just with Nancy's claim to mainstream fame, that phrase took on extra meaning. I'm sure Kristi didn't intend for it to blow up like that unless she and Nancy came up with the idea to boost Nancy's visibility during the popularity contest that is DWTS. If so, then it's genius.

Ah, I'm slow!

Susan1

Cynic here, but this could also have been a way to get their names in the news. I doubt either of them are surprised that there are opinions about her comments. Definitely stirring up publicity.

Geez - now Tonya will do something to get her name in the news too. Or will she wait till right before the Olympics next year? :)

No cynic here - just remembering her history. ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information