2023-2024 Rhythm dance

screech

I think the question I have is about the time frame: For instance "Groove is in the Heart" was released in 1990. So that is out??
To me, 90s style music didn't really start until at least 1991. I listen to the 90s station on SiriusXM a lot, and when I hear songs from 1990 I'm usually surprised they're on that station.
Also, Worlds are in Canada, and per Robin Scherbatsky, "the 80s didn't come to Canada til' like 93."

quartz

scratching at the light
To me, 90s style music didn't really start until at least 1991. I listen to the 90s station on SiriusXM a lot, and when I hear songs from 1990 I'm usually surprised they're on that station.
Also, Worlds are in Canada, and per Robin Scherbatsky, "the 80s didn't come to Canada til' like 93."
Heh. I was absolutely doing the Pat Benetar mega eyeliner and black leather headband thing in the mid-80’s. :lol:
It was the 90’s I skipped altogether…..:p

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Dave Lease reported on TSL that a junior team at his rink is doing a Footloose RD.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Dave Lease reported on TSL that a junior team at his rink is doing a Footloose RD.
Fine for juniors but I want more creativity, seniors!

I mentioned a Fast Times at Ridgemont High program earlier and yesterday in the grocery store “Somebody’s Baby” was playing and I was singing along. Make it happen someone.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
ready for pearl clutching when a young team skates to Like a Virgin

Oh, I don't know, the pearl-clutching crowd doesn't listen too closely to the lyrics of "Greased Lightning" 😆

Remember when people were practically fainting because Tara Lipinski did a pro/exhibition program to Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle" and that was soooooo inappropriate for a young teenager?? How times have changed - or have they....

Parsley Sage

This would be amazing if it happened! I'm hoping that as Montrealers La/La and FB/S will skate to some Montreal/Quebec music from the 80s - Mitsou, Marjo, Corey Hart, Leonard Cohen, Rock Voisine, Gino Vanelli, Men Without Hats, Celine Dion (preferably one of her better French songs), etc.
Mitsou's Bye Bye Mon Cowboy!
Luba's Innocent with an Explanation
The Box - L'Affaire Dumoutier

Canadian but not from Montreal

Martha and the Muffins - Black Stations White Stations
Parachute Club - At the Feet of the Moon
Spoons - Old Emotions
Platinum Blonde - Crying over You

quartz

scratching at the light
Mitsou's Bye Bye Mon Cowboy!
Luba's Innocent with an Explanation
The Box - L'Affaire Dumoutier

Canadian but not from Montreal

Martha and the Muffins - Black Stations White Stations
Parachute Club - At the Feet of the Moon
Spoons - Old Emotions
Platinum Blonde - Crying over You
Oooh! I love At the Feet of the Moon! Such a good dance song, and the skaters can just wrap old rags around their necks, wrists, and ankles for the costumes, so it is budget friendly as well.

dinakt

Pearl Jam is 90s. ;)

I think their predecessor (Mother Love Bone) was 80s, barely.

Would pay $$ for a good grunge dance program, though.
Yes they are! I somehow read most of the thread and came away with the impression that it is the 90ies that will be the theme:) Just ignore me. And yes, all the grunge please.

hlp728

If a team uses Van Halen, I hope they do something off the 5150 album like Dreams.

The Chipmunk Adventure soundtrack would a be fun RD especially with the song “The Girls/Boys of Rock N Roll” along the choreography from the movie.

I dare a team to use the Rocky IV soundtrack. There’s great music from it.

If you gotta got go Canadian, there’s the theme song “Run with Us” from the cartoon The Raccoons, Sarah McLachlan’s Vox album, Jane Siberry’s early albums, etc.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
If you gotta got go Canadian, there’s the theme song “Run with Us” from the cartoon The Raccoons, Sarah McLachlan’s Vox album, Jane Siberry’s early albums, etc.
Vox was 80s?? Idk how I didn't know this, but we listened to it all through college so I guess that's why it feels 90s to me. I'd love to see some skating to Vox songs.

Former Lurve Goddess

Vox was 80s?? Idk how I didn't know this, but we listened to it all through college so I guess that's why it feels 90s to me. I'd love to see some skating to Vox songs.
Vox was on her first album which came out in 1988. However, the song was only released as a single in 1992 making it both 80s and 90s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information