2023-2024 Rhythm dance

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Falco only if it's Der Kommisar.
That's my bf's standard karaoke song :lol:.
That would actually get him to watch figure skating with me, so GO GO GO!

I want a "Karate Kid" RD including "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama and "You're the Best around".
Speaking of 80s movies, the "Bloodsport" soundtrack is also pretty badass.

But I guess we'll have to deal with 27935835 "Dirty Dancing"s.

screech

Lol. I need at least one Footlooose and one Dirty Dancing RD from the senior teams!
I just looked at a short list of musical films from the 1980s, and some that I wouldn't mind seeing:

• Blues Brothers. It's mostly oldies music, but it's all redone by the Blues Brothers and/or the original artists. (I personally LOVE their version of "Shake A Tail Feather" with Ray Charles.) However, Fear/Gibson already did their RD to Blues Brothers in the 'musicals' season just a couple years ago.
  • Grease 2. Such a terrible movie, but man do I absolutely love it (almost more than the original). Unfortunately a LOT of the songs are very poorly disguised double entendres. However, "Cool Rider" is iconic.
  • Little Shop of Horrors
  • Xanadu. Terrible movie, amazing title song. (Bonus points if the woman wears Olivia Newton John's amazing halter jumpsuit)
  • Purple Rain

I'd love a dance to music from the original (and far superior IMO) Hairspray, but unfortunately most of the music is from the 50s/early 60s.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I just looked at a short list of musical films from the 1980s, and some that I wouldn't mind seeing:
Yesyesyes! Probably my favorite musical ever since our coach showed the movie to us during a training camp and we even had plans to make it an ice show, but it didn't work out.
Some of my fondest training memories ever.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member

• Blues Brothers. It's mostly oldies music, but it's all redone by the Blues Brothers and/or the original artists. (I personally LOVE their version of "Shake A Tail Feather" with Ray Charles.) However, Fear/Gibson already did their RD to Blues Brothers in the 'musicals' season just a couple years ago.
  • Grease 2. Such a terrible movie, but man do I absolutely love it (almost more than the original). Unfortunately a LOT of the songs are very poorly disguised double entendres. However, "Cool Rider" is iconic.
  • Little Shop of Horrors
  • Xanadu. Terrible movie, amazing title song. (Bonus points if the woman wears Olivia Newton John's amazing halter jumpsuit)
  • Purple Rain

I'd love a dance to music from the original (and far superior IMO) Hairspray, but unfortunately most of the music is from the 50s/early 60s.
Not “Reproduction “? :rofl:

(I also love Grease 2.)

thvu

Usova's Apprentice

chantilly

Was listening to an 80’s mix yesterday and All Night Long by Lionel Ritchie came on. That would be a great choice mixed with Truly or another of his ballads.
I think FB/S would kill it.
I actually think they had one of the most authentic Latin vibes in their RD, particularly the choreo step which I think was the best of all the teams, and the Caribbean style of All Night Long has some Latin characteristics in its percussion.
I just think they have some of the best chemistry and can pull off the sex and the party vibe of the song, especially Laurence.

Cachoo

The adult version of that song makes it sound like a love song when it's a song duet started by a female mouse worried about her brother, who is separated from his family.
So YOU want them to dress as rodents too?

VGThuy

Speaking of "Close", Glenn Close was very 1980s. How about a Fatal Attraction routine? I don't know if there's music to that but.... Or Dangerous Liaisons using 80s music since Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette already did that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information