The Heir, The Spare and the “Baby Brain” -The Prince Harry and Meghan show rumbles on…

Jenny

From the Bloc
Attended the (Catholic) wedding of the daughter of very close friends last year, maybe 60 people including the groom's large family, and it was really great. Thing is the parents of the bride, who have a second daughter and no sons, told their girls from a young age that they'd pay for their education but not their weddings. (Mind you, mother of the bride did tell me she had a little fund set aside to help out if need be ;), and the groom's family paid for the lavish traditional seafood spread later in the evening.)

The result was a really relaxed and enjoyable wedding that the couple had created themselves, some of the old traditions we're all used to but a few I'd never seen too, such as two maids of honour and two best men.

Small weddings do seem to be a bit trendy here. I’m not sure why I see them, but I’ve seen quite a few ads for venues specifically for elopements or small weddings.

Mugs

If I were a young person today, I would either get married by a judge at city hall or have an extremely small wedding; under ten guests. Then I would use the money that would have gone to a wedding extravaganza as a down payment on a home. But I'm sort of frugal that way. My big splurge is a bouquet of fresh flowers every week or two.

Promise no more off topic posts

jadingirl

Since we've already ventured off topic the thing that really bothers me is the save the date cards! Just received one in the mail beginning of March that I am to save the date! of October 14th. Oh that really gets me.
One wedding we didn't attend. We were planning on going to it and I had booked a trip to Italy in July and the wedding was in August. While the groom was having alot of anxiety so they moved the date up to when our trip was and then were angry at us for not cancelling our trip to attend their wedding. Can you tell it still bothers me lol?!?

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I got a save the date about 2 weeks ago for an Oct wedding of my nephew's son. That notice was needed for us because his bride is from Lubbock which is west Texas. That makes it a destination wedding for his side of the family & us especially need time to plan how to get boarding for 2 pets & to lose 10 pounds.

Judy

If I were a young person today, I would either get married by a judge at city hall or have an extremely small wedding; under ten guests. Then I would use the money that would have gone to a wedding extravaganza as a down payment on a home. But I'm sort of frugal that way. My big splurge is a bouquet of fresh flowers every week or two.

Promise no more off topic posts
I think everyone has a right (obviously) to do their own thing. Does that really have to be said.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I think everyone has a right (obviously) to do their own thing. Does that really have to be said.
As long as "do what you want" doesn't mean anyone is obligated to join you, aside from the couple, the witnesses, and the officiant. And as long as that doesn't obligate anyone else.to pay for it, unless they've offered and you want to accept under their conditions.

Judy

As long as "do what you want" doesn't mean anyone is obligated to join you, aside from the couple, the witnesses, and the officiant. And as long as that doesn't obligate anyone else.to pay for it, unless they've offered and you want to accept under their conditions.
Oh for sure. I was thinking more like some people like huge weddings, some like small, others like outdoors … some want really quiet. I just meant the two people should do what they want to do. I’m not getting into the rest of the stuff.

Judy

Since we've already ventured off topic the thing that really bothers me is the save the date cards! Just received one in the mail beginning of March that I am to save the date! of October 14th. Oh that really gets me.
One wedding we didn't attend. We were planning on going to it and I had booked a trip to Italy in July and the wedding was in August. While the groom was having alot of anxiety so they moved the date up to when our trip was and then were angry at us for not cancelling our trip to attend their wedding. Can you tell it still bothers me lol?!?
Well you can’t be responsible for them changing the date. Not everyone can attend a wedding even if they did want to.

becca

I find it despicable that Harry's children aren't invited to the coronation but Camilla's grandchildren are. Archie & Lili are Charles' actual grandchildren & Camilla's family aren't related in any way to anyone in the family. Whatever issue Charles has with Harry should not affect his relation with his grandchildren.
Harrys kids have titles and are the line of succession Camilla’s are not.

But Camilla’s grandchildren have been in Charles life their entire life. They are teenagers so it’s appropriate for them to hold the canopy rather than Charles much younger grandkids. Camilla is getting crowned to.

Harry and Meghan kids are very young. Louis did not attend the Queens funeral. These kids have never been at a royal event much less something as solemn as a coronation.

As for Charles relationship not being affected. Harry and Meghan choose to move to literally another continent. Of course that’s going to affect their relationship with their grandfather cousins and Aunt and Uncle.

Charles is far more likely to be closer to the Wales kids and Camilla’s kids. Consequences of Harry and Meghan choices.

Heads of state also cannot just pick up and go to another continent.

taf2002

It stands to reason that Charles will be closer to the Wales kids. He doesn't really know the Sussex kids. But he is their grandfather. You would think he would want to get to know them. Maybe he does. idk

Last edited:

airgelaal

There is no reason why Archie & Lili can't be on the balcony afterwards with the whole family. I'll bet Andrew will be there. The RF has made their position clear: racists and/or pediphiles are more acceptable than a person who speaks out about antiquated mores & injustices. Or if you'd rather say a person who whiles. And of course Charles will be closer to the Wales kids. He doesn't really know the Sussex kids.
I bet he won't be there. I think that there will be the same people as at the Queen's Jubilee.
But he is their grandfather. You would think he would want to get to know them.
I wonder if these words also apply to Meghan's father?

becca

It stands to reason that Charles will be closer to the Wales kids. He doesn't really know the Sussex kids. But he is their grandfather. You would think he would want to get to know them. Maybe he does. idk
I highly doubt that he doesn’t want to get to know them. I am sure he does. But he cannot just pop on a plane as a head of state to the US. Also he cannot trust that Harry won’t give interviews about what was said. There is consequences to their actions.

Also Andrew isn’t going to be on the balcony or procession neither will his kids. It’s for working royals.

I don’t see the big deal about letting the kids be on the balcony but honestly. This isn’t Harry’s coronation.

This isn’t about him or his kids this is about his Father. Why he is making demands about someone else’s coronation.

And you better belief if it was Williams coronation he would be saying fine don’t come.

This whole thing reaks of Harry and Meghan wanting all the benefits of being Part of the family none of the obligations or even the loyalty.

Judy

I got a save the date about 2 weeks ago for an Oct wedding of my nephew's son. That notice was needed for us because his bride is from Lubbock which is west Texas. That makes it a destination wedding for his side of the family & us especially need time to plan how to get boarding for 2 pets & to lose 10 pounds.
😆 at the 10 pounds.

ballettmaus

Is that an occasion where he would have the chance to get to know them though? Wasn't there a period when the Queen would retreat to Windsor for sort of a vacation? I'm assuming Charles will do the same and to me, that sounds like it would be a much better opportunity to invite them.

Of course, we have absolutely no idea what the relationship is really like and at what stage they're all at (eg, my dad's brother's family and our family were really close (they lived close, had a nice yard and we spent many afternoons there) until my aunt started to have a drinking problem. We know that my cousin has two children but none of us has met them and we're at a point in life where we're all okay with that).

becca

Is that an occasion where he would have the chance to get to know them though? Wasn't there a period when the Queen would retreat to Windsor for sort of a vacation? I'm assuming Charles will do the same and to me, that sounds like it would be a much better opportunity to invite them.

Of course, we have absolutely no idea what the relationship is really like and at what stage they're all at (eg, my dad's brother's family and our family were really close (they lived close, had a nice yard and we spent many afternoons there) until my aunt started to have a drinking problem. We know that my cousin has two children but none of us has met them and we're at a point in life where we're all okay with that).
It’s easy to say kids shouldn’t be affected by issues with the parents but sometimes if a bad situation with the parents its the scenario that happens.

I have a kid in my family that I send gifts to but I am not going to have much of a relationship right now because there is to much tension between me and her mom (whom I am not related too) It is what it is.

Last edited:

taf2002

My understanding is that there will be a lot of people on the balcony that will not be in the procession. The family on the balcony has not in the past to be only for working royals. Per Charles the procession will be.

becca

My understanding is that there will be a lot of people on the balcony that will not be in the procession. The family on the balcony has not in the past to be only for working royals. Per Charles the procession will be.
They have changed the balcony to working royals and their families at the Jubilee. It was a recent change but it was a change.

I do want to point out Saying Charles step grand children aren’t family is very unfair.

Camilla’s kids were equally affected by the Charles and Camilla saga. Charles has been in the stepgrands life their entire time.

On a personal note I have a stepmother I was partially raised by. She is family. And in many ways she is more involved in her former step kids and their kids life than my Dad is.

Blood alone doesn’t make family.

I don’t see why they cannot go back to what it was before. But I must say that whole thing might be scary for their kids. They are not their cousins who are use to this stuff

taf2002

I do want to point out Saying Charles step grand children aren’t family is very unfair.
I didn't say Charles' step grandchildren aren't family. I said they aren't related in any way to the RF. Maybe I should have said they are only related thru marriage. Same thing.

becca

I didn't say Charles' step grandchildren aren't family. I said they aren't related in any way to the RF. Maybe I should have said they are only related thru marriage. Same thing.
They are the Queens family through blood.

Honestly I don’t see the big deal with them in the balcony shot.

My understanding is the working royals rule which is more about excluding Andrew.

I am sure though Charles would like a photo with all of his grandchildren on one of the biggest days of his life.

This being said the coronation isn’t about Meghan and Harry. It’s about Charles and Camilla.

It’s also to a lesser extent about the Prince and Princess of Wales and Prince George. They will want to be seen to show the direct line of succession.

The thing if the matter is I do think Edward and Sophie and Princess Anne’s way of raising their kids was probably the best way.

You are not going to be working royals, you will have your own life. Your situation is the same as your cousins.

The Wales kids they cannot get away with it. There Dad is the heir to the throne. And that’s not all going to be fun and games.

taf2002

According to the Royal Family themselves, Camilla is a member of the Royal Family. Therefore, her grandchildren are most definitely related to the Royal Family.
Do I have to say they aren't related by blood? Do you not understand the difference? Yes, they are related to Camilla but her children were born before she married Charles. Therefore they are not now magically related to Charles or any other member of the Windsors, Wales, Cambridges, etc. Sheesh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information