The Heir, The Spare and the “Baby Brain” -The Prince Harry and Meghan show rumbles on…

airgelaal

If all those quotes from the book that I'm reading are true, then I don't even know what to say.
Who told Harry that in the memoirs you need to tell about all your underwear? He dedicates the book to his children and tells how he lost his virginity. I would not like to know such information about my father :slinkaway

becca

The thing is I disagree that being heir means more loved. Many say for example that King Charles was not at all the favorite of his parents.

The royal family didn’t pick William birth order did. And we can talk about it’s unfair but Harry is still immensely privileged over just about everyone else by the monarchy and that system. Including in his own family.

It is what you make of it. Look at Kates sister Pippa. Her sister married a future king. She will wear a crown someday.

Pippa didn’t. But she married a super rich guy and gets to have a much quieter life doing what she wants and answering to far less people.

That could be Harry and Meghan.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
My dad didn’t even write a book but I’ve heard all the details of everything. He always wanted to be an open book as his family was not, with mental health issues and suicide. All I can say is it is awkward to hear details of everything but there hasn’t been a suicide since my grandmother, his mom who he found.

I’m sure there’s a happy medium but whatever gets you through.

becca

My dad didn’t even write a book but I’ve heard all the details of everything. He always wanted to be an open book as his family was not, with mental health issues and suicide. All I can say is it is awkward to hear details of everything but there hasn’t been a suicide since my grandmother, his mom who he found.

I’m sure there’s a happy medium but whatever gets you through.
I think the problem is not only will their kids know. Their friends will too.

airgelaal

The thing is I disagree that being heir means more loved. Many say for example that King Charles was not at all the favorite of his parents.

The royal family didn’t pick William birth order did. And we can talk about it’s unfair but Harry is still immensely privileged over just about everyone else by the monarchy and that system. Including in his own family.

The problem was in the family and this is a common story when parents do not get divorced for the sake of children. But unhappy parents will not have happy children.

skatingguy

decently
I don't think Archie and Lili need to know that their dad's junk was frostbitten at their uncle's wedding.
To be fair those pictures from Las Vegas are out there. I think his kids are more likely to see those than to ever read this book.

puglover

So now Harry is blaming William and Kate for his choice to wear a nazi uniform to a costume party? I can't say about within the royal family, but I thought previously Harry was considered a more regular guy who would have a drink with the media and was one of the most well liked of the royals.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The more snippets of this book that keep coming out, the more apparent it is that Harry has been a very troubled soul since long before he met Meghan, but they do seem to have a way of feeding each other's worst, most narcissistic tendencies. What a trainwreck.

canbelto

The Netflix documentary IMO was very much Meghan. It seemed to be in her voice, have her POV, and her style. I also notice that the voice seems to be basically mentally sound. She might have been very depressed from the scrutiny and the paps, but you have a feeling she's not mentally wrecked. The doc reflects that.

Spare seems to be all Harry, for better or for worse. And I have a feeling that his headspace is much, much worse than hers. He's raw and angry in a way she is not.

puglover

We can't really tell who, if anyone, is advising Harry and Meghan. Oprah seems to be a close friend and she obviously had a difficult childhood. I do not believe she has sugarcoated her early life but rather she has come to understand and accept the family members who let her down. She supported her mother until her death and seemed to love her mother regardless of her flaws and not given us chapter and verse on all that happened. I respect that.

becca

The Netflix documentary IMO was very much Meghan. It seemed to be in her voice, have her POV, and her style. I also notice that the voice seems to be basically mentally sound. She might have been very depressed from the scrutiny and the paps, but you have a feeling she's not mentally wrecked. The doc reflects that.

Spare seems to be all Harry, for better or for worse. And I have a feeling that his headspace is
Yeah. It’s not good.

Harry had a lot of privilege but he had really a troubled childhood. With two parents more interested in their love life’s than them. And yes I include Diana in that the boys went to boarding school very early on.

Add in his moms death and war…

I hope Archie and Lilys childhood is better.

I do think William got lucky marrying Kate and having the Middletons as in laws.

MsZem

I see the sea
I do think William got lucky marrying Kate and having the Middletons as in laws.
He was also lucky to meet her when they were both young. Meghan's mother seems like a lovely person, and I bet it would have been good for Harry to have someone like that in his life at a younger age.

I feel bad for Harry. William always had a clear role, which is limiting but also gave him purpose from a young age. Harry hasn't had that, and while he has done well in various things (his military service, the Invictus Games) it does seem like he is still figuring out what he wants in life. And figuring that out in such a public way doesn't do anyone much good.

canbelto

Yeah. It’s not good.

Harry had a lot of privilege but he had really a troubled childhood. With two parents more interested in their love life’s than them. And yes I include Diana in that the boys went to boarding school very early on.

Add in his moms death and war…

I hope Archie and Lilys childhood is better.

He also grew up with parents who thought that sitting down for big media interviews was a wat of litigating personal problems. Years later, he is doing the exact same thing.

skategal

Bunny mama
He was also lucky to meet her when they were both young. Meghan's mother seems like a lovely person, and I bet it would have been good for Harry to have someone like that in his life at a younger age.

I feel bad for Harry. William always had a clear role, which is limiting but also gave him purpose from a young age. Harry hasn't had that, and while he has done well in various things (his military service, the Invictus Games) it does seem like he is still figuring out what he wants in life. And figuring that out in such a public way doesn't do anyone much good.
Harry’s defined role has been to be a foil for William to keep him looking good and out of scandal, much like Andrew was for Charles and Margaret was for the Queen.

Harry is fighting back against this.

At this point he is like an animal backed into a corner fighting for his life.

He’s using anything he can to gain a life for himself but not always using the right strategies.

becca

Harry’s defined role has been to be a foil for William to keep him looking good and out of scandal, much like Andrew was for Charles and Margaret was for the Queen.

Harry is fighting back against this.

At this point he is like an animal backed into a corner fighting for his life.

He’s using anything he can to gain a life for himself but not always using the right strategies.
The problem I have with this is that Harry use to be the most favored member royal family member. He was the cheeky fun foil to his brother.

Meghan also in the beginning was very popular to. This changed when stories about Meghan and the staff.

And Harry wrote that William told him They were making enemies of the staff.
Here is my thing working for a member of the royal family is not a life or death job. It’s not Really fast paced where you must meet a deadline to close the deal.

There is no reason emails should have to be answered all hours of the day.

The question isn’t if Meghan and Harry are demanding for Hollywood standards or corporate standard but if they were to demanding for that work environment. Especially when the pay is less. Turnover was very high. Where smoke exits there is fire.

And all a disgruntled staff member has to do is leak to the press.

Add Even with all the stories they were tabloids who knows if it was true?

What’s caused their popularity to really go down even farther was their decision to start berating members of Harry’s family to the press.

And complain.

That wasn’t the royal family’s decision it was theirs.

The point of what I am saying here is all of this would involve Harry and Meghan taking some responsibility for their own actions something they don’t seem willing to do.

Harry had a great image for a long time.

If your a member in the public eye not everyone is going to love
You and you cannot control everything all will say. If they had remembered and accepted that they would have saved themselves a lot of stress.

Last edited:

puglover

During their engagement, Harry said of Megan "now she will have the family she never had", which the Markle family took exception to. The wedding seemed a celebration of both of their heritages and supposedly the reception was great fun. Things appeared to develop cracks and fall apart as they worked together.

They were called out for criticizing ordinary people over their energy footprint and then took a private plane. They should at least have admitted that the optics were not good and seemed hypocritical.

I personally feel the "no comment business as usual" is the best way for Charles and William and the royal family at large. I feel, though, that the accusations of them "feeding" bad press and allegations against Megan should be addressed. I guess Knauf did deny some of the accusations against him but I think it is not enough.

Winnipeg

If the book has not been released, how do we know what is really in it? If the snippets noted above are true, I cannot imagine why anyone would want to voluntarily make that public?? :confused:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So with the new book confirming some things ie... that there being issues with Meghan and the staff wasn't just pulled out of thin air and a lie to smear her (which was the impression I had) and a quick look at the timeline from October 2018-April 2019 I am left wondering did Harry's team (or Meghan) retaliate against the accusation William's team fed the press stories about Meghan and the staff by feeding their own story about William having an affair?

Because that seems to have happened in April 2019 and the original source of that rumour seems to be a Canadian/US writer Nicole Cliffe who apparently deleted her twitter posts where she first placed this gossip when "the husbands" (I assume Wiliam and the husband of the alleged mistress got lawyers involved).
If the book has not been released, how do we know what is really in it? If the snippets noted above are true, I cannot imagine why anyone would want to voluntarily make that public?? :confused:
Because it was released "by mistake" in a shop in Spain so journalists got a copy of it before it was pulled off the shelves :)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Apparently The Guardian has a copy as well.
I took it at face value it was a mistake and then I heard someone opine today that it might have been intentional as now it's all anyone is talking which should help boost sales. In what was a short time ago considered an odd time to release a book (post Christmas sales) might turn out to be a geniu$ move for them.

puglover

Really sounds like Harry has opened a can of worms over his military service. For someone with genuine concerns about the safety and security of his family, his revelations seem very poorly advised. I have read something to the affect that they did not want to escape the media - just control the narrative - but this all just seems to guarantee more cameras flashing and less freedom to live their lives. I thought Megan said she wanted the freedom to take her children to school??

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information