The Heir, The Spare and the “Baby Brain” -The Prince Harry and Meghan show rumbles on…

becca

I didn't even say anything about Lillibet or Archie. That ship has sailed for 99.99999% of you. I was talking developmental appropriate activities and a huge 10-14 hour or more day for children and teens. Plus week long stuff.

I'm not British so it's not my.money being thrown around. But if King Charles and Queen Camilla wanted to look less formal, reduce size of BRF I would think showing them as caring loving grandparents who are more approachable, being cognizant of developmentally appropriate activities of grandchildren would do that. Sometimes as a parent or grandparent you choose them over yourself. YMMV obviously

Sometimes you have to think beyond yourself too. I want a big celebration for a significant event in our lives. It's not going to happen because of.family issues - by my choice. I realize Charles can't do that. My event is not a world wide event. If it was I'd insist that everyone.at least be cordial. Charles can do that - hell.he went against Mummy's wishes using Queen not Queen Consort. Charles has the power to that. He is choosing not to.

Pomp and circumstance is ok, as long as it's not overdone. I say that about inauguration too.

While I don’t know what is going on with your family I must say I don’t see why you cannot have a big celebration? If possible

My family always got together for my Grandmothers birthday. It was treated like a holiday like Easter or Christmas.

The kids didn’t mind we all played with our cousins. It wasn’t that my Grandmother insisted on a big deal (she never wanted any one to
Spend to much money on her) but her multitude of kids thought it should be. Of course it was child friendly since she wanted her grandchildren.

I actually think it’s really important to teach children that not everything is about them. That sometimes there are special moments for others. It’s part of raising caring children who learn to think about others.

Last edited:

Jenny

From the Bloc
The invitations for the coronation itself are going out this week according to the palace - obviously a lot of people know they're invited in advance for various reasons and to them it's a formality, but to us, I would think that means we don't actually have the full guest list and therefore discussion of which toddler is invited and which isn't would be purely speculative, no?

Plus, I'm not aware of the Palace ever giving a minute by minute of their schedules. The public events are on the record, and now and then they choose to share details of private receptions and meals, as with a royal wedding for example. But I don't think they would necessarily share with us the details of the King's private time with his family, including his grandchildren.

And yet some people seem to be assuming all kinds of things based on not much more than what they seem to want to happen because it fits the narrative they've invented in their own heads.

MLIS

The invitations for the coronation itself are going out this week according to the palace - obviously a lot of people know they're invited in advance for various reasons and to them it's a formality, but to us, I would think that means we don't actually have the full guest list and therefore discussion of which toddler is invited and which isn't would be purely speculative, no?

Plus, I'm not aware of the Palace ever giving a minute by minute of their schedules. The public events are on the record, and now and then they choose to share details of private receptions and meals, as with a royal wedding for example. But I don't think they would necessarily share with us the details of the King's private time with his family, including his grandchildren.

And yet some people seem to be assuming all kinds of things based on not much more than what they seem to want to happen because it fits the narrative they've invented in their own heads.
Apparently save the dates were sent and guests were asked to indicate their availability by April 3, so I assume invitations will only be sent to those who said they are coming (more like tickets to gain admittance to the Abbey). According to media reports (take with a grain of salt), although the deadline has passed Harry and Meghan have not as yet indicated their plans and staff have been asked to draw up two plans, one with their participation and one without.

ballettmaus

Apparently save the dates were sent and guests were asked to indicate their availability by April 3, so I assume invitations will only be sent to those who said they are coming (more like tickets to gain admittance to the Abbey). According to media reports (take with a grain of salt), although the deadline has passed Harry and Meghan have not as yet indicated their plans and staff have been asked to draw up two plans, one with their participation and one without.
Could they have said privately and this is a security measure? After all, they are traveling without security measures other guests in attendance would have, plus, if it were known that they come, the tabloids would know when their arrival would be likely and try to hunt them down. This way, they have a better chance of arriving anonymously.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
He's said all along that his wife and children received threats and that security was an issue for his family. Going alone means they aren't under threat.
Given the amount of hate she has received there, around the world, on social media forums - I suspect that is true.

Harry is supporting his dad at an important time, and I assume that staying back will be better for his young children. I doubt he worries about controversy at this point.
No matter what they would do, Meghan will receive hate. At least, in this situation with this solution, she won't receive any more hate than usual for keeping Harry from his family.

I dont know because I certainly never had the world watching every sneeze or step I made - but I did experience inlaw hate. No matter what i did, it was the wrong decision and i was constantly blamed for keeping him away from his true family. It has to be a billion times worse when the world thinks you are the one person, one thing keeping him from his family.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I was badly treated by my in-laws during my 1st marriage. My MIL was especially toxic. I learned right away to never go to her house. Why allow myself to be tortured?

I wonder who picked the coronation date, Charles or Camilla. Three months after the Queen's death - there was no other date available? Way to make sure Archie's b'd is overshadowed as long as Charles lives. Bonus points to make sure Meghan won't come. This is so blatant & petty.

airgelaal

It`s coronation of the King and not grandfather or father-in-law. This is not a family event, so Archie, Meghan and the rest of the family were the last thing on their minds. I'm sure of it. The world doesn't revolve around Meghan.

sk8pics

I wonder who picked the coronation date, Charles or Camilla. Three months after the Queen's death - there was no other date available? Way to make sure Archie's b'd is overshadowed as long as Charles lives. Bonus points to make sure Meghan won't come. This is so blatant & petty.
What's wrong with three months after the Queen's death?

MsZem

I see the sea
Oh, for sure it was William and Kate, scheming to have their children get more attention that the Sussex kids :rolleyes:

Personally, I think it's good for Archie to realize that the world does not revolve around him and his birthday. Conversely, he can always say that his grandfather liked his birthday so much that he chose to celebrate it with a coronation!

Either way, it's not like Archie will forever have to associate the day with something tragic.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Good heavens are we back on this again? Thought we discussed the choice of date to death back when it was announced months ago. The very idea that Charles or Camilla picked the date to piss off Harry and/or Meghan is beyond ridiculous.

The date is carefully chosen in consultation with a much broader group, including the Royal Family, the Church of England, the City of London and the UK government. Multiple venues are involved, dozens of key players need to be available, crowds of well wishers need to be considered, who knows how many suppliers, there will be road closures, so much to consider.

It's a huge undertaking that involves much more than Charles and Camilla flipping through their diaries. The idea that literally an entire nation needs to block the date of a 4 year old's birthday - who PS does not even reside in England - is I don't know, petty?

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
What's wrong with three months after the Queen's death?
She died on Sep 8 so 8 months not 3. Three months would be in December. I do think May was a good idea to prevent people having to stand out in the cold/rain. So what significance did May 6 have?

Jenny

From the Bloc
You don't have to think they did it to piss off H&M to think it's a bit unfortunate. 🤷

Is it unfortunate though? I don't know about the rest of you but I can't recall my 4th birthday (or many particular birthdays, they all kinda meld together that young), but I remember milestones like royal weddings vividly. There was a lot of coverage when the date was announced about it being "special" to the Royal Family because it's also Archie's birthday. Hopefully that's what he'll remember about it, that the day grandpa got crowned king was also his birthday.

To me the unfortunate thing is that Meghan and the children won't be in London on the coronation weekend. I'm so glad Harry is going, I honestly think that he would have regretted missing it in the long term and I also think that Charles loves his son and wants him present on the most important day of his life.

I get the security concerns, travelling with little kids, maybe even that Harry and Meghan think it might be overwhelming for them, but at the same time, it was just 5 years ago that Charles was the one who walked Meghan down the aisle on one of the most important days Harry and Meghan's lives, such a wonderful moment, so it's just sad to me that she won't be there for the coronation.

sk8pics

She died on Sep 8 so 8 months not 3. Three months would be in December. I do think May was a good idea to prevent people having to stand out in the cold/rain. So what significance did May 6 have?
Okay, but you said 3 months, so that's what I was asking. Who knows how they pick these dates.

On My Own

The date is carefully chosen in consultation with a much broader group, including the Royal Family, the Church of England, the City of London and the UK government.
Well maybe they all hate Harry and Meghan.

Sorry, I can't resist this ridiculousness. But also, really, I'd be bored if my job was "royal" and try to stir shit up as often as possible. That's basically the entirety of British history, too, don't count the possibility out!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Is it unfortunate though?
It depends on how often the coronation is celebrated. If it's every year, then, yes, it's unfortunate. Because Archie won't remember this birthday. But if every year most of his relatives are too busy to celebrate his birthday because it's Coronation Day, then over time he could become resentful.

My mother was born in Dec and it still upsets her that everyone always would combine her birthday and Christmas presents and that her family was too busy to give her the kind of birthday her siblings got. And she's in her 80s. :lol:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I think the people who have celebrated Archie's birthdays to date are not the type who will be celebrating royal jubilee's so I doubt he will notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information