Royalty thread #15: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Camilla and Kate tonight at the Diplomatic Reception -

Camilla wears the Belgian Sapphire tiara again that she wore at the South African State Visit, but the sapphire necklace has a spectacular pendant added and... WOW!

Kate, meanwhile, is wearing the Lotus tiara which she last wore in 2015, and has paired it with a stunning drop diamond earrings that QEII used to wear... another fabulous look!

Last edited:

Parsley Sage

I'm going to guess that the King will have either a picture of his mother or a picture of both of his parents on his desk for his speech.

Winnipeg

If they are as fearful and upset about how they have been treated, why would they even want to go.

Oh wait, it would provide them with more fodder and public recognition...................

mattiecat13

Lots more fodder for the next book/interview/documentary. Like @Winnipeg, I don’t understand why H/M would be invited and why they would even go after everything they’ve said.

Last edited:

mattiecat13

So could the invitation be rescinded once Harry’s book comes out, if it’s damaging to the Royal Family?

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Hell, in the old days, brothers were literally murdering each other (or their dads) for the throne and they were invited to the coronation. The Lion in Winter should be must-see TV for the BRF these days, they’d remember that things could be worse.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Right..................those poor dears, clearly they want to avoid publicity as their actions show
They never said they wanted to avoid publicity. They said they wanted more control over the narrative.

The idea that (a) they wouldn't be invited to the coronation of the King -- something absolutely every royal no matter how minor as well as celebrities, etc. are going to be invited to -- or (b) that the only reason to come to such a momentous event -- one that involves Harry's own father is to get attention is the dumbest take ever.

skatfan

Hell, in the old days, brothers were literally murdering each other (or their dads) for the throne and they were invited to the coronation. The Lion in Winter should be must-see TV for the BRF these days, they’d remember that things could be worse.
Not to mention imprisoning Queens in castles. That was a rough period!

MsZem

I see the sea
The War of the Roses was totally a thing, too, even though it wasn't about brothers fighting.

Why can't everyone just learn from the excellent example of the Swedish royals (in recent times)? Princess Victoria does a great job of princessing, C-P is nice to look at, Princess Madeleine is off doing her thing in Florida, and the spouses and kids seem happy. The gowns and bling are top-notch, too.

puglover

Beautiful pictures of the family at Kate's Christmas Carol Service. I love the matching burgundy dress of Kate's and coat of Charlotte's. First Christmas without a beloved family member are always challenging so may they find happiness together with the lovely children of the next generation.

Vagabond

I’m not British, but I really like them. Although, will it be too weird having them in circulation with the late Queen’s notes?
Shilling coins with the portrait of George VI were in common circulation thirty years after his death even though the country had decimalized its currency a decade before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information