Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I’m sorry that we didn’t see “Philadelphia Gracie” at Obertsdorf. Maybe at Skate America?
Doubtful. Gracie really seems to blow up in one segment or the other whenever there is any buzz or expectations about her based on previous performances. I don't think we'll see "Philadelphia" until Sectionals.

layman

I’m sorry that we didn’t see “Philadelphia Gracie” at Obertsdorf. Maybe at Skate America?
I still see (a lot of) progress. She landed a 3-flip in the opening of her free skate. I don't remember the last time that I saw her do that. Gracie then went on to land a 3-lutz/2-axel/2-toe sequence in the second half of the program. It's been years since we have seen Gracie land a 3-lutz in the 2nd half of the program. Plus that 3-lutz and the 2-axel and 2-toe were all HUGE! Gracie showed a lot of fight throughout her long. She also completed the final 3-salchow cleanly. Many were saying (as recently as a few weeks ago) that Gracie had lost her 3-salchow, so she showed them that she still has it. The ingredients (for success) are all there. That program looked like she is on her way. She was attempting a 7 triple program. I think she got 4 or 5 of those done in Obertsdorf. It was a really ambitious program, but I think she can do it cleanly. She is maybe two or three triple jumps away (from completing the program cleanly). So, overall not bad for her first International Competition in something like 4 years. Nebelhorn was a stepping stone.

D

Deleted member 221

She landed a 3-flip in the opening of her free skate

3F!< ..... so not really.

Plus that 3-lutz and the 2-axel and 2-toe were all HUGE!
Except it was called q....

She was attempting a 7 triple program. I think she got 4 or 5 of those done in Obertsdorf.

She had one clean triple (salchow) with positive GOE (0.09). TBH, I thought it was q also.

She also had two level 2 spins (one with a V) and one level 3 spin.

It was a really ambitious program

:confused: Her base value of 51 is not really ambitious. :shuffle: I suppose she will have decent content if she adds back 3Lz+3T, doesn't double out the loop, and tries to replace the solo 3T with something harder. But she seems worlds away from that.

If her goal is to skate for herself, great. But at this point, she's more of a contender for last place than she is for any medals. If she trains extra hard, maybe she can beat Beverly Zhu or Marilena from Cyprus at Skate America.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
All of the above has me wondering…

Do any of the three USA women who’ll be at SkAmerica 2022 have professional p.r. agents? For ex, would one as young as Isabeau Levito even have an agent?

It’s interesting because the three - Gracie, Amber & Isabeau - are at different competitive-career stages. Gracie is the long-known entity, with a compelling comeback-attempt story. Amber has been fighting like heck for 6-7 years to get there & has her own interesting “up close & personal” story. Isabeau is the one with the greatest chance of winning, yet is least known to the general public.

Related to all of the above:
Maybe agents and marketing factors are influencing who gets on/stays on GP rosters? OR would TV ratings be the same regardless of who skates? (If Gracie doesn’t skate a good SP, would it even matter, if she’s not in the final group that’s shown on a Sunday-afternoon TV show?)

Sylvia

TBD
Do any of the three USA women who’ll be at SkAmerica 2022 have professional p.r. agents? For ex, would one as young as Isabeau Levito even have an agent?
I don't believe Isabeau has an agent (yet)?

Gracie has been represented by Tara Modlin's Fireworks agency (organizer of the Ice Dreams tour in which Gracie was a headliner this past spring & early summer) since her comeback - link to fireworkssm's Sept. 2nd post announcing her Skate America assignment: https://www.instagram.com/p/CiBdADZLH_1/

I checked Amber's official website and the Contact page only lists her social media accounts: https://amberglenn.figureskatersonline.com/

alizadavida

It’s interesting because the three - Gracie, Amber & Isabeau - are at different competitive-career stages. Gracie is the long-known entity, with a compelling comeback-attempt story. Amber has been fighting like heck for 6-7 years to get there & has her own interesting “up close & personal” story. Isabeau is the one with the greatest chance of winning, yet is least known to the general public.

Maybe agents and marketing factors are influencing who gets on/stays on GP rosters? OR would TV ratings be the same regardless of who skates? (If Gracie doesn’t skate a good SP, would it even matter, if she’s not in the final group that’s shown on a Sunday-afternoon TV show?)
Gracie uses Tara MAURIZI from Fireworks. Tara also is a pr agent for other skaters who were on the tour.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I understand that athletes in this sport at the elite level have entirely different journeys and goals.

But, it must be so frustrating for any skater as good as Gracie Gold to put in the work but crumble again and again under pressure when it counts. (Two high-profile skaters who spring to mind are Emmanuel Sandhu and Jeremy Abbott.)

You have to wonder seven years after her biggest chance to win it all at the world championships in Boston, whether she will ever deliver?

After a while, it all begins to feel a bit masochistic. Certainly, as a spectator.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I love how we have so many people who can read Gracie's mind and know exactly what she is thinking and doing.

Look, obviously she's a nervy competitor and always has been. So are more than a few skaters. But I think Gracie and her team are the best ones to determine what is best for Gracie.

sk9tingfan

I understand that athletes in this sport at the elite level have entirely different journeys and goals.

But, it must be so frustrating for any skater as good as Gracie Gold to put in the work but crumble again and again under pressure when it counts. (Two high-profile skaters who spring to mind are Emmanuel Sandhu and Jeremy Abbott.)

You have to wonder seven years after her biggest chance to win it all at the world championships in Boston, whether she will ever deliver?

After a while, it all begins to feel a bit masochistic. Certainly, as a spectator.
ITA

SkateFanBerlin

All is not lost. At Obertsdorf she did the best she has done in the last part of the FS - addressing stamina issue? And, Obertsdorf is altitude, yes? She's mostly done well in short. In Philly she got the the front of the fs done well. Maybe this is the process - now to get more and more of the pieces strung together.

One thing I think has changed is her competitive attitude. No fake beaming smiles. In K&C if she's not pleased she doesn't fidget and do wierd things. She just snears at the camera and takes it.

SkateFanBerlin

Maybe if Isabeau can just skate and not be projected as the next great thing, it would be a good thing. I know it's part of our world but media/image/PR just seems to swallow up these youngsters
not even 20. How many time can Ilia be interviewed about the 4A?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Maybe if Isabeau can just skate and not be projected as the next great thing, it would be a good thing. I know it's part of our world but media/image/PR just seems to swallow up these youngsters
not even 20. How many time can Ilia be interviewed about the 4A?

Isn’t Isabeau the reigning World Jr Champ? And has posted the highest score by a US woman since the summer/fall season started? So it’s justified to express hope & promise. No escaping that, sorry. Not that NBC has to overdo things…one brief “up close” fluff piece should suffice. They don’t need to have backstage cameras and Andrea Joyce following her every move.

Sylvia

TBD
Bradie has been posting more frequently on her social media these days since she returned to France - links to 3 of her recent reel video montages that include her skating at the beautiful practice rink for 2012 Worlds (eta: also the venue for the international competition that used to be known as "Coupe de Nice") in Nice:
Today: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjAqxoeAzHo/
3 days ago: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci3FZt0Al1K/
First week back in Nice: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiYPgBnAUnk/

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Bradie has been posting more frequently on her social media these days since she returned to France - links to 3 of her recent reel video montages that include her skating at the beautiful practice rink for 2012 Worlds in Nice:

Wow that’s the view from inside the rink? Which one of you guys are taking me on a trip?

sk9tingfan

Bradie has been posting more frequently on her social media these days since she returned to France - links to 3 of her recent reel video montages that include her skating at the beautiful practice rink for 2012 Worlds (eta: also the venue for the international competition that used to be known as "Coupe de Nice") in Nice:
Great euler.

Sylvia

TBD
Wow that’s the view from inside the rink?
Yes, the rink is called the Sports Palace Jean Bouin and located upstairs (there's an elevator) so has gorgeous views of Nice.
... at the beautiful practice rink for 2012 Worlds (eta: also the venue for the international competition that used to be known as "Coupe de Nice") in Nice:
I wonder if Bradie might compete at the Trophy Metropole Nice Cote d’Azur (new name for Coupe de Nice) that's held at the rink where she's training now? Entries by name were due on September 18. Dates are October 18 to 23, 2022.

ETA that after the Japan Open/Carnival on Ice in Saitama on Oct. 8, Bradie, Mariah and Mirai will perform in SOI shows in Hachinohe, Japan on Oct. 9-10:

Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

I love Nice and go once or twice a year. (I lived there for 5 years). I was and still am blown away by the love of life there - of course the food/pastries but beautiful parks and views, historic architecture, new/important public works. As an American it was so exciting to be there. I wonder how good Bradie's French is?

Evgeniafan

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Baltic Cup JGP (Gdansk #2) entries have been updated to show Elyce Lin-Gracey with the 3rd spot (previously it listed Sarah Everhardt as a placeholder entry).

D

Deleted member 221

More speed is great, but a triple axel or quad attempt would be better :p. Looking at the protocols for the up-and-coming Japanese women, I think Levito and Thorngren need to up the tech content if they want to be relevant by the time 2026 comes around.

During the summer, Levito had a (big) axel early in her program and was supposed to be including the 3A in subsequent competitions, but so far that hasn't happened and the axel has been moved back in the jump order.

layman

The improved speed may be a stepping stone to the 3-axel. Isabeau will need to go into the 3-axel with speed (rather than from a stand still) to complete it cleanly and consistently.

Allskate

Congratulations to Isabeau Levito for her Gold Medal at the 2022 Nepela Memorial Trophy. I saw a lot more speed in her skating at this competition. It's a big improvement!
I agree. Her speed has improved. Hopefully, it will continue to improve and help with her jumps.

Her short program:

Her free program:

I'm still not feeling her connection with this music, but it seems like she's focusing on technical issues right now, which makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information