Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFJ

Meghan and Harry were only supposed to be away from their kids for a few days and it’s been two weeks since they left California. I’m a little surprised Meghan didn’t go back home before the funeral to be with the kids, though I suppose Harry wants her there with him for support.
I think Harry needs her more than the kids do. They'll be fine with their Grandma and I would imagine that both speak to at least Archie every day.

What a week it's been for everyone. They must all be exhausted.

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
Meghan and Harry were only supposed to be away from their kids for a few days and it’s been two weeks since they left California. I’m a little surprised Meghan didn’t go back home before the funeral to be with the kids, though I suppose Harry wants her there with him for support.
Can you imagine how that would play with the public? To publicly snub the Queen in death?

ballettmaus

Are we sure that the kids aren't there?

If the children aren't there, I can understand why they would have left them in the US. At the same time, I think it is a long time for them to be away from their kids. I have no idea what I would have done in their situation and I don't believe there are easy answers but what matters is that they're comfortable with their decision and that it was theirs.

once_upon

Are we sure that the kids aren't there?

If the children aren't there, I can understand why they would have left them in the US. At the same time, I think it is a long time for them to be away from their kids. I have no idea what I would have done in their situation and I don't believe there are easy answers but what matters is that they're comfortable with their decision and that it was theirs.
Having watched my grandchildren several times, for 2 or 3 weeks, I can tell you no one experienced irreparable harm. Especially if they are with someone they know (I assume Meghan's mother).

The children will be ok. The real harm would have been Meghan or both of them not present at this very public funeral

ballettmaus

Having watched my grandchildren several times, for 2 or 3 weeks, I can tell you no one experienced irreparable harm. Especially if they are with someone they know (I assume Meghan's mother).

The children will be ok. The real harm would have been Meghan or both of them not present at this very public funeral
I wasn't thinking about harm to the children but that they might miss them (especially since Lili is still so young and probably has milestones ahead of her that they could miss).
But as I said, as long as they're good with their decision and it was theirs, it's all good, I think.

MsZem

I see the sea

Can you imagine how that would play with the public? To publicly snub the Queen in death?
To say that doing this would have gone over poorly would be a massive understatement.

millyskate

Harry and Meghan’ s trip was in all likelihood planned as they had been informed the Queen was likely to be in her last moments. They had no clear return date planned afaik.
There’s no issue with the children being with their grandmother and if they wanted, the grandmother and the children could have been flown over to be with them.

As for twitter https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...r?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bfsharecopy

No idea who has the time and resources for that but it’s not the general public. Maybe the Daily Mail and Piers Morgan have a joint initiative.

While few people in the UK are very impressed with Harry and Meghan as they do not believe much of what they have said in the past to be true, they have not really put a foot wrong this trip and I think that like with all members of the royal family, people will eventually warm to them in time if they continue down this route.

Of course I get many on this thread would prefer them not going down this route but that’s where people have different value systems and I think that’s ok.
I can reliably inform you that in the north of England young people are very vocally anti-Andrew and by extension anti QE II as they feel she did not react strongly enough.
They couldn’t care less about Meghan and she does not come up in conversation, pretty much ever.

The older generation is faithful to the memory of the Queen and if anything annoyed at Harry’s past antics / attitude but again, Meghan is literally never someone who comes up in conversation.

Sorry to disappoint…

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Harry and Meghan’ s trip was in all likelihood planned as they had been informed the Queen was likely to be in her last moments. They had no clear return date planned afaik.
There’s no issue with the children being with their grandmother and if they wanted, the grandmother and the children could have been flown over to be with them.
No, Harry & Meghan were over in the UK for a private visit, and had been in Germany the day before for an Invictus Games event. They were scheduled for the Well Child Awards on the evening of the 8th, but cancelled as soon as the Queen took ill. They were only supposed to be away from California for a week.

It's been made pretty clear that no one was expecting the Queen to pass away imminently - the Countess of Wessex had been at an event that morning near London, the William & Kate had taken their kids to their first day of school that morning, Camilla was scheduled to do a recorded interview for the Reading Room with Jenna Bush Hager that afternoon, etc.

millyskate

No, Harry & Meghan were over in the UK for a private visit, and had been in Germany the day before for an Invictus Games event. They were scheduled for the Well Child Awards on the evening of the 8th, but cancelled as soon as the Queen took ill. They were only supposed to be away from California for a week.

It's been made pretty clear that no one was expecting the Queen to pass away imminently - the Countess of Wessex had been at an event that morning near London, the William & Kate had taken their kids to their first day of school that morning, Camilla was scheduled to do a recorded interview for the Reading Room with Jenna Bush Hager that afternoon, etc.
Not sure where you’re getting that. The exact time or day could never have been known and of course, people had plans to live their lives in the meantime. But as for the end being very near, I think it is generally assumed by all here that it was known to the royal family and that the Queen was very seriously ill.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
When the Queen started pulling out of so many of her Jubilee events I knew the end was near because some of those events I don't believe she would have ever pulled out of simple because she was tired and needed her rest. She was well on her way to 100.

Also people who live abroad away from the majority of their family are typically always aware that someone's time is nearing an end and have at least a loose plan of action or understanding of what they will do in that circumstance. And if they have the means and opportunities they make as many trips as possible leading up to that event for quality time together.

So I'd be shocked if Harry and Meghan weren't prepared for this possibility while not being aware of the specific date. With technology today their kids are going to be just fine and I'm sure they gave them all the cuddles needed before they left and just bring home an extra stuffie or two and all will be fine.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
The kids are apparently at home with their nannies, Doria has been pictured at her own home walking her dogs, apparently it’s a couple of hours away. But presumably she has visited :) And hopefully H&M will go back home to the kids very soon.

once_upon

If the children are accustomed to their nannies as part of the constant and important people in their lives, they are fine. Working parents often miss milestones - like first steps or loss of first teeth. Everyone survives.

@millyskate im glad that most people could care less about Meghan and Harry, but what is sensationalized on SM, interviews of people "on the streets of London" are the vile remarks being said about her. Mostly her as the evil American who is controlling Harry.

Am I obsessed with them? I suppose I am - I'm posting here and defending them here - to that extent I guess I am. My personal opinion is that Meghan, like Camilla in the past, is made the villleness because people like to have a princess that can be an loved perrson and Kate fits that .

Camilla has been King Charles' wife longer than Diana was. When an opportunity came knocking for a new evil family member - Meghan became that petson.

Princess Diana, Duchess of Wales to be Queen Catherine in the future. She fits the fairy tale. Meghan does not.

mattiecat13

The kids will be fine. Heck, the Queen and Philip were away for 7 months when Charles and Anne were young. And they (in)famously shook the kids’ hands when they returned.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I read today (who knows if it's true) that the ER was removed from the shoulder of Harry's uniform. IDK who made that decision but I read it upset him very much.

Karen-W

I read today (who knows if it's true) that the ER was removed from the shoulder of Harry's uniform. IDK who made that decision but I read it upset him very much.
I haven't seen anything on that subject, but my guess is that it could be something that is being done on ALL of the uniforms since she's no longer the Queen and it will change to CR soon.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I haven't seen anything on that subject, but my guess is that it could be something that is being done on ALL of the uniforms since she's no longer the Queen and it will change to CR soon.
The article I read said only Harry's uniform had been altered. It would be interesting to know if Andrew's had been.

becca

If the children are accustomed to their nannies as part of the constant and important people in their lives, they are fine. Working parents often miss milestones - like first steps or loss of first teeth. Everyone survives.

@millyskate im glad that most people could care less about Meghan and Harry, but what is sensationalized on SM, interviews of people "on the streets of London" are the vile remarks being said about her. Mostly her as the evil American who is controlling Harry.

Am I obsessed with them? I suppose I am - I'm posting here and defending them here - to that extent I guess I am. My personal opinion is that Meghan, like Camilla in the past, is made the villleness because people like to have a princess that can be an loved perrson and Kate fits that .

Camilla has been King Charles' wife longer than Diana was. When an opportunity came knocking for a new evil family member - Meghan became that petson.

Princess Diana, Duchess of Wales to be Queen Catherine in the future. She fits the fairy tale. Meghan does not.
The problem I have with this concept is that Meghan was liked in the beginning her and Harry had huge popularity numbers.

Their antics played a role in this.

I mean Charles paid them millions and that wasn’t enough. Apparently she said in podcast he is no longer Harry’s father.

It feels like they want all the fun stuff of being royalty none of the not so fun stuff.

Having your kids HRH that should come with some obligations in her podcast she apparently said doesn’t want photos of kids going to school in U.K. well I would think kids who are getting those kind of titles probably should be educated in the UK.

It’s all about rights for them and not about obligations.

You contrast it to Anne or Edward who have insisted their kids don’t have HRH titles. The queen offered with Peter Phillips. Who quietly accept their place in the monarchy.

Andrew though needs to go.

This being said plenty of parents take trips without their kids. Small trips can even be good things for parents marriage.

They didn’t plan this long to be gone and the kids won’t remember it

Some of the criticism is ridiculous of them.

Last edited:

MLIS

The cypher on the shoulder is to indicate a certain rank as an aide-de-camp to the Queen. That is one of the ceremonial positions Harry gave back (had removed from him) when he stopped being a working member of the royal family. So it was removed because he no longer has that rank. William still has it, because he still has that rank.

Where it apparently gets sticky is that Andrew still had his, because the regulations stipulate that if the rank was awarded before a certain date (1988ish?) it is kept for life, whether you are currently holding the rank or not. So it was all done “by the book,” it just looks like another example of where an exception was made for Andrew but not Harry.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!

There are article's out there.

I only have two observations on this matter:

1. The crest on Andrews uniform appears (to my amateur sewing expertise) a bit more complicated to remove versus the type William(and I assume Harry) would have on theirs.

2. I cut the whole family some slack here as they are dealing with the death of, first and foremost, a loved family member.
But at this point I am raising both eyebrows that once he could wear the uniform the headlines switched to being heartbroken and devastated about this detail being removed from his uniform as I have a lot of trouble believing anyone really noticed that so I think that was leaked from his camp and doing so was petty.

MLIS

But at this point I am raising both eyebrows that once he could wear the uniform the headlines switched to being heartbroken and devastated about this detail being removed from his uniform as I have a lot of trouble believing anyone really noticed that so I think that was leaked from his camp and doing so was petty.

Yes, this. There have been a steady stream of articles all week about how he and Meghan are “furious” about this and “heartbroken” about that and “offended” by this. I wonder if perhaps at some point he will realize this week isn’t actually about him?

Edited to add: either that, or someone in their camp/PR team is not doing them any favours with all these leaks and they need to shut that down.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
As something of an expert in leaking, all I’ll say is that H and M are not necessarily leaking themselves. Every royal servant around them has a financial motive for providing observations, since Brit tabloids pay for them.

On My Own

I can't believe someone's clothes caused debate. I thought white people liked black for this type of occasion.

Literally the most first world problem imaginable.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
As something of an expert in leaking, all I’ll say is that H and M are not necessarily leaking themselves. Every royal servant around them has a financial motive for providing observations, since Brit tabloids pay for them.
So I should edit his camp to his camp and/or royal servants looking for some extra pocket change ;)
He would still have to express how devastated and heartbroken he was in their presence though right?

Karen-W

Well, I suppose it is possible that some royal servant(s) could be leaking this stuff. Or, you know, their friends are doing the leaking. Either way, it's sad that the situation has come to this point (and has been there for awhile).

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Not necessarily. Some staff and royal courtiers would feel quite free to "leak" something made up. All for the $$$$
Habs and I were/are in the same line of work. Any PR person who’s worked directly with media knows the drill. (And I have leaked significant info on two separate occasions.). US, and I imagine Canadian pubs don’t pay, which cuts down on the leaking incentive but it happens all the time. So if a tea-server observed them looking exhausted and stressed it’s not hard to make that “heartbroken” although perhaps they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information