Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnskater

Remember Audrey Shin skating so well during pandemic skate America? Finished third if I recall right. She skated so free and was not under-rotating. I wish we could see that Audrey again. She could be so great!

I’m very happy for Sonja. I want to see more! USFS needs to get her out there!

Jayar

The new jackets are stunning, why couldn’t they have done these last year. And thankfully they did not put the obnoxious sponsors on the jacket. I don’t want to see Ollies whatever it is or some reverse home mortgage on the jackets or smart ones or any other sponsor

What Hilmer is wearing is exactly what all of the athletes have been wearing the last couple of seasons. Perhaps the Olympic team had something different, but this is what I have seen in the past.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
What Hilmer is wearing is exactly what all of the athletes have been wearing the last couple of seasons. Perhaps the Olympic team had something different, but this is what I have seen in the past.
No, USFS has new Team USA jackets this season. Last season's jackets were blue with red sleeves.

Jason Brown wearing last season's jacket - https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/images/2021/9/10/2021_ChampsCamp_Headshots_1.jpg?width=300

Starr Andrews wearing this season's jacket - https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/images/2022/9/12/Starr-Andrews_0083.jpg?width=300

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

A blue jacket with USA on the back and two stars. I mean I’ve watched every competition last year I never saw these jackets.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

No, USFS has new Team USA jackets this season. Last season's jackets were blue with red sleeves.

Jason Brown wearing last season's jacket - https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/images/2021/9/10/2021_ChampsCamp_Headshots_1.jpg?width=300

Starr Andrews wearing this season's jacket - https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/images/2022/9/12/Starr-Andrews_0083.jpg?width=300

Totes correct. Yes those blue jackets with the blood red orange sleeves whatever they are have been around forever and so poorly made, I always thought USFSA is cheap when they send their athletes out to represent them with those poorly made jackets. Now if they could start dropping dimes on the Kiss and cry areas and take pride in that not some wrinkled and scratched banner with great great grandma’s door way entry benches. Lol

I will say I do like the new digital background boards they’ve been using at skate America’s recently. OK, back onto the US ladies

Last edited:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
They did get new jackets this year. I thought the old ones were fine, but I heard the company stopped making them.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Sonja Hilmer's post today with photos from Lake Placid (she's wearing her own AND brand new Team USA jacket in the kiss & cry: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChQQigFPIy3/
💖LAKE PLACID!!!💖

This week was absolutely incredible, not only did I complete my first Team USA assignment, but I got to do it on historic ice! So honored to see my name among these incredible skaters. Huge congrats to all the medalists and competitors, and thank you to this amazing US team, coaches, and @usfigureskating for all you've done for this event 💖
The photo of Sonja wearing Courtney Hicks' old Team USA jacket at Cranberry Cup International last month came from this post of hers ("... Shout out to @courtneynhicks for letting me steal her jacket last minute 🤣"): https://www.instagram.com/p/ChQQigFPIy3/

Jill Heiner shared some scenes & memories from Lake Placid in her Instagram stories (including her final coffee shop review of this trip): https://www.instagram.com/jillheinerrr/
ETA that Jill regularly shares IG story clips reviewing coffee shops & coffee - Ting Cui made a cameo in one after they had finished competing at last month's Potomac Open NQS. :)

Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

The blue is meh. Could just as well be a Lauren wind breaker. US uniforms never have any imagination. Always some variation of red/white/blue - shouting USA-USA-USA. Time to give it a break.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
For a while, I recall great and/or silver warmups, but I think that was for summer sports.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The blue is meh. Could just as well be a Lauren wind breaker. US uniforms never have any imagination. Always some variation of red/white/blue - shouting USA-USA-USA. Time to give it a break.

I think that’s what it’s supposed to do though. Italy has Italia on theirs. I think every teams country has their country on the jacket. I kind of like ours they could add stars and stripes they could even make it look more superhero like. This I do not mind

AYS

🌻
Gracie Gold will run into similar problems. She only really has 3Lz and 3Lo, plus sometimes 3T. Her flip is a clear 3Fe (-3 GOE), which basically makes it worth the same as a good double lutz, and she's had rotation challenges on top of it, which put many of her attempts in the -5 range even when she stands up. I can't recall the last time she did a salchow; it's almost always a double. Sorry if it's mean, but I wouldn't have given her the Skate America slot until she showed a couple more clean triples. Five triples is her max, and this wouldn't have cut in 1992, much less 2022.

I think Gracie's Salchow is fine. She just puts it at the end of her program and she has stamina issues.

ETA: The season before Kristi Y. had a reliable triple-triple, she was doing double flip-triple toe towards the end of her free skate. I wish more ladies would try this. Seems like a good way to build confidence rotating a triple toe as the second jump in a combination.

Gracie did a 3sal for positive GOE in her lp in Aston. She doubled the late one in the program, which goes along with the stamina thought. There's no denying that stamina is an issue, at least for now.

Since I'm attending SA for the first time in over 15 years this year, I'm kind of glad Gracie got the assignment.

SkateFanBerlin

I think that’s what it’s supposed to do though. Italy has Italia on theirs. I think every teams country has their country on the jacket. I kind of like ours they could add stars and stripes they could even make it look more superhero like. This I do not mind
It's not the flag patch, that's ok, discrete. Why not other shades of blue or red? Does it have to be the flag colors? How about a pattern? These guys are all skinny - how about straight, form fitting, mid thigh?

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
Totes correct. Yes those blue jackets with the blood red orange sleeves whatever they are have been around forever and so poorly made, I always thought USFSA is cheap when they send their athletes out to represent them with those poorly made jackets. Now if they could start dropping dimes on the Kiss and cry areas and take pride in that not some wrinkled and scratched banner with great great grandma’s door way entry benches. Lol
This weekend I saw a clip of our normally well-tailored and immaculately accessorized Tammy Gambill in an ill-fitting, beggarly puffer jacket with "GUARANTEED RATE" emblazoned across the chest. I did a double take. Obviously, I understand USFS needs every sponsorship they can get, but there is no reason for these garments to look so basic. Where has the panache gone?

carriecmu0503

It's not the flag patch, that's ok, discrete. Why not other shades of blue or red? Does it have to be the flag colors? How about a pattern? These guys are all skinny - how about straight, form fitting, mid thigh?
Because that would be too restrictive to skate in. Remember, these are warm up jackets that skaters actually warm up in, and so it is very important that they not restrict movement. They need to be functional.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The USFSA Could just put everybody in a Tut style mumu for warm-ups lol I watched the Russian test skate it looks like she’s back to the mumu

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Score update (summer comps are officially over!)

SENIOR WOMEN
Yet to compete- Bradie Tennell, Gabriella Izzo

Isabeau Levito 210.49
Lindsay Thorngren 203.62
Clare Seo 185.10
Gracie Gold 180.26
Josephine Lee 178.63
Sonja Hilmer 177.72
Amber Glenn 177.01 (intl)
Audrey Shin 176.44 (intl)
Hanna Harrell 175.55 (intl)
Elsa Cheng 173.56
Alena Budko 172.70
Hannah Lofton 170.21
Ting Cui 167.30
Jill Heiner 165.19
Maryn Pierce 165.80
Finley Hawk 161.94
Kate Wang 160.81
Wren Warne Jacobsen 160.49
Paige Rydberg 160.36
Ava Ziegler 160.01
Audrey Lu 159.51
Starr Andrews 158.59
Nicole Park 158.19
Michelle Lee 156.52
Alyssa Rich 151.85
Alex Evans 151.55

JUNIOR WOMEN
Soho Lee 188.35
Mia Kalin 184.16
Elyce Lin-Gracey 180.45
Logan Higase Chen 170.38
Sherry Zhang 169.46
Katie Krafchik 168.85
Sarah Everhardt 165.16
Mia Barghout 160.82
Hannah Herrera 155.49
Athena Huang 155.13
Sonia Baram 154.52
Phoebe Stubblefield 151.90
Juliana Barshay 150.59
Kanon Smith 147.70
Suemin Shin 144.69
Lilah Gibson 143.07

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

SENIOR WOMEN

Isabeau Levito 210.49
Lindsay Thorngren 203.62
Clare Seo 185.10
Gracie Gold 180.26
Josephine Lee 178.63
Sonja Hilmer 177.72
Elsa Cheng 173.56
Alena Budko 172.70
Hannah Lofton 170.21
Ting Cui 167.30
Jill Heiner 165.19
Maryn Pierce 165.80
Finley Hawk 161.94
Kate Wang 160.81
Paige Rydberg 160.36
Ava Ziegler 160.01
Audrey Lu 159.51
Starr Andrews 158.59
Nicole Park 158.19
Michelle Lee 156.52
Alyssa Rich 151.85
Alex Evans 151.55
I really hope they assign Clare Seo to Ice Challenge in November, and Elsa Cheng to Golden Spin, so that they can get their senior TES mins. I also wouldn't be sad to see Ting Cui, Maryn Pierce and Kate Wang also assigned to a Challenger for the same purpose.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

SENIOR WOMEN

Isabeau Levito 210.49
Lindsay Thorngren 203.62
Clare Seo 185.10
Gracie Gold 180.26
Josephine Lee 178.63
Sonja Hilmer 177.72
Elsa Cheng 173.56
Alena Budko 172.70
Hannah Lofton 170.21
Ting Cui 167.30
Jill Heiner 165.19
Maryn Pierce 165.80
Finley Hawk 161.94
Kate Wang 160.81
Paige Rydberg 160.36
Ava Ziegler 160.01
Audrey Lu 159.51
Starr Andrews 158.59
Nicole Park 158.19
Michelle Lee 156.52
Alyssa Rich 151.85
Alex Evans 151.55
…….
It’s interesting to compare the above USFS (or intl) season-best scores of the two US women at last week’s CS Nebelhorn Intl - Andrews & Gold - with the scores that they received in Obertsborf:

Starr Andrews at Obertsdorf: 156.60 (158.59 USFS) very similar; she’s consistent, for better or worse!

Gracie Gold at Obertsdorf: 138.89 (180.26 USFS or other intl) What a difference! The 180.26 score at her earlier intl would’ve easily taken the bronze at Obertsdorf.

Make of it what we wish.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Providing some notes for context to @haribobo's Senior Women's scores list:

Isabeau Levito 210.49 (Middle Atlantics NQS; her CS debut at Nepela Memorial coming up this week in Bratislava)
Lindsay Thorngren 203.62 (silver at Philadelphia Summer International Senior B)
Clare Seo 185.10 (Broadmoor Open non NQS; her 2nd JGP of the season is this week in Gdansk)
Gracie Gold 180.26 (bronze at Philadelphia Summer International Senior B)
Josephine Lee 178.63 (SoCal Open NQS; reassigned from the canceled Yerevan JGP - her first of 2 consecutive JGPs in Gdansk this week)
Elsa Cheng 173.56 (won Challenge Cup NQS, group A, this past weekend - landed 3T+3T, 2A & 3Lz in her 58.68 SP; 2A+3T, 3Lz+2T, 3Lo, 3Fq, 3Lz, 3T+1Eu+2S & 3S in her 114.88 FS)

Alena Budko 172.70 (her CS debut at Nepela Memorial is coming up this week)
Maryn Pierce 165.80 (won Austin Autumn Classic NQS this past weekend)
Paige Rydberg 160.36 (Collegiate Championships/no NQS score)
Audrey Lu 159.51 (Collegiate Championships/no NQS score; seems to be really enjoying UCLA so far!)
Alyssa Rich 151.85 (won Challenge Cup NQS, group B, this past weekend)

From the Junior Women's top scores list:
Logan Higase-Chen 170.38 (her JGP debut, originally scheduled for Yerevan, now will be this week in Gdansk)
Mia Barghout 160.82 (new personal best score at the Challenge Cup NQS this past weekend)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information