Chinese Skating News, Pt. 3: A long & winding road to Beijing 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

On My Own

They definitely don't have programs, but if they're willing to send juniors, how can they deny seniors?

Also, while we're discussing, I'm pretty sure An Xiangyi won't be at the JGP selection. Not sure about whether she fits the age requirements in the first place, but I recently read she wasn't in a good condition for competition either.

raruki

They definitely don't have programs, but if they're willing to send juniors, how can they deny seniors?

Also, while we're discussing, I'm pretty sure An Xiangyi won't be at the JGP selection. Not sure about whether she fits the age requirements in the first place, but I recently read she wasn't in a good condition for competition either.
But the fact is that they posted the announcements very late, and any provincial teams or local teams don't have the time to apply for the budgets because the CFSA and the central sports authority don't tell them in advance. Also, traveling abroad in China is extremely expensive as hell, not all the local clubs or parents would be able to prepare at least 100 thousand yuans(cost of the flight ticket and hotels) just for the competition?

I have heard that Xiangyi An is now busy looking for a high school at this moment.

On My Own

Simply to catch the thread up a bit, some time back, there was an announcement that there would be a training camp for the skaters in Beijing. However, the chinese fans were confused about whether or not the skaters who were on the Olympic team were exempt. Plus, the entire announcement was copied from the speed skating association with some words changed, lol. So currently, they've been trying to keep track of where the seniors even are, with the current theory being they're all in Beijing, even as they post pictures and videos of random places on their SNS.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
It will be interesting if Chinese skaters show up for any of Russia’s events. Just sayin’.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
GP Assignments:

Skate America: Yi Zhu
Skate Canada: Boyang Jin
Grand Prix de France: Peng / Jin
NHK Trophy: Boyang Jin; Wang / Liu
Grand Prix Espoo: Peng / Jin; Wang / Liu

Overall it's a bigger team than I'd expected. Hopefully they'll all show up at the competitions! 🤞

On My Own

I think the only ones I didn't expect were P/J, but that's because there's been radio silence from them about competing. Everyone else, I expected to be on the list (Zhu Yi after I saw she was performing with the rest of Team China).

S/H only going to consider returning in 2024-25 season. @Karen-W didn't know, so putting it on the main thread too.

On My Own

I had expected Yi to retire honestly since she'd start university this fall.
Same, saw the news of her getting into Beijing University. But then a week or so later, she was seen in shows, and I thought she was going to juggle both.

On My Own

... I just realized I don't even know what happened to Chen Yudong, or the junior ID team Liu/Ge, or any of the Pairs? I guess we'll see Wang/Zhu as a new pair in the local grand prix in August, but man, what happened to this country's skating.

On My Own

There's a report of them getting a new FD this season. I hope we can see them and Xuantong Li / Xinkang Wang (Junior champion in dance last season) in JGP selection and possibly JGP this year.
Oh that's good! I hope they're also sent to foreign coaching since CFSA doesn't seem to mind doing that with ID.

It would be funny if China turns into the first Asian Ice Dance power :D

Jammers

... I just realized I don't even know what happened to Chen Yudong, or the junior ID team Liu/Ge, or any of the Pairs? I guess we'll see Wang/Zhu as a new pair in the local grand prix in August, but man, what happened to this country's skating.
It feels like China has just kinda given up on skating. I guess all that mattered was S/H winning Gold but not being competitive besides Pairs and having COC being taken away again says all you need to know about how they are handling things.

Sylvia

TBD
Now that Beijing 2022 is behind us, I think it's time for a new thread... any title suggestions? (preferable not doomsday-like ;))

On My Own

Now that Beijing 2022 is behind us, I think it's time for a new thread... any title suggestions? (preferable not doomsday-like ;))

Chinese Skating News, Pt. 4: Milan has Noodles too!​

Well, no. "Chinese Skating News Pt. 4: Started with Yao Bin... Now we here?"

On My Own

It feels like China has just kinda given up on skating. I guess all that mattered was S/H winning Gold but not being competitive besides Pairs and having COC being taken away again says all you need to know about how they are handling things.
There have been rumours swirling around about the management having changed, and S/Z having been kicked. So I'd say we should wait and see what happens this season. Thing to discuss in this new noodle-based thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information