2023 U.S. Nationals in San Jose

Sylvia

TBD
San Jose Jan 23- Jan 29

2023 TOYOTA U.S. Figure Skating Championships Tentative Schedule (subject to change)

Monday, Jan. 23, 2023
Official practice sessions - Junior

Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023
Junior Pairs Short Program
Junior Men Short Program
Junior Rhythm Dance

Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2023
Junior Ladies Short Program
Junior Men Free Skate
Junior Pairs Free Skate
Junior Free Dance

Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023
Junior Ladies Free Skate
Championship Pairs Short Program
Championship Ladies Short Program

Friday, Jan. 27, 2023
Championship Rhythm Dance
Championship Ladies Free Skate

Saturday, Jan. 28, 2023
Championship Men Short Program
Championship Pairs Free Skate
Championship Free Dance

Sunday, Jan. 29, 2023
Championship Men Free Skate
Prevagen Skating Spectacular

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Oooo I want to volunteer again!
Maybe we can volunteer together again! :D

I just got an email from the SAP center about their covid policy because I had bought a ticket to a recent event. Since Nationals ticket didn't go on sale yet, and I haven't bought tickets to SOI, I am at a loss as to what it is though.

SkateSand

Cat Servant

I just got an email from the SAP center about their covid policy because I had bought a ticket to a recent event. Since Nationals ticket didn't go on sale yet, and I haven't bought tickets to SOI, I am at a loss as to what it is though.
I definitely haven't bought a ticket recently so we are on some sort of marketing list. Maybe because we bought tickets originally, even though the event was moved?

Debbie S

I got one too and haven't purchased a SAP Center ticket since 2018. A little while ago they sent an email apologizing for including those who haven't recently purchaed tickets on the earlier email. Presumably, they just sent it to their whole list.

skatfan

I got one too and haven't purchased a SAP Center ticket since 2018. A little while ago they sent an email apologizing for including those who haven't recently purchaed tickets on the earlier email. Presumably, they just sent it to their whole list.
I got one of those emails and the last thing I had bought were 2018 Nationals tickets.

But I am moving back to the area so I can go to Nationals next year!!!

SkateSand

Cat Servant
Folks better start lining up their hotels. The cheapie place I usually stay at within walking distance to the SAP Center is now $449 a night. :eek: So I guess I will have a new cheapie place and walk a bit farther. :p

skatfan

Folks better start lining up their hotels. The cheapie place I usually stay at within walking distance to the SAP Center is now $449 a night. :eek: So I guess I will have a new cheapie place and walk a bit farther. :p
My cheapie place is gonna be my new apartment which is 25 miles away but free. I may look for a place on Friday and/or Saturday night

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
What was the price normally?

SkateSand

Cat Servant
What was the price normally?
Normally around $100 a night, which is cheap for downtown San Jose and close to the SAP Center. And it has free parking and complimentary breakfast. Parking in the downtown area is expensive and hotels with free parking are rare.

myhoneyhoney

Yes!!!

I got that email too and I haven’t been to SAP since. Well… I did buy a ticket to watch the men’s short so that’s another way they could’ve gotten my email.

BTW, who did I work with in the skater’s lounge? Are you here? We had a blast talking about shoes, even met Ashley Wagner, and had to figure out it was Todd Sand we were chatting with 😅

A.H.Black

I got one of those emails and the last thing I had bought were 2018 Nationals tickets.

But I am moving back to the area so I can go to Nationals next year!!!

Yes!!!

I got that email too and I haven’t been to SAP since. Well… I did buy a ticket to watch the men’s short so that’s another way they could’ve gotten my email.

BTW, who did I work with in the skater’s lounge? Are you here? We had a blast talking about shoes, even met Ashley Wagner, and had to figure out it was Todd Sand we were chatting with 😅
Just got another email apologizing for sending the first email. The first email was a mistake.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU

Me too! I had lots of fun volunteering last time it was in SJ. Except now I have to fly across the country instead of an hour :lol:

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Normally around $100 a night, which is cheap for downtown San Jose and close to the SAP Center. And it has free parking and complimentary breakfast. Parking in the downtown area is expensive and hotels with free parking are rare.
Wow that is a big jump. Last night we went for nationals in 2018 we staying a converted garage on airbnb and we said we would never do that again. Looked nice in photos but it was freezing!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'll also be staying in my own home. If I do stay over the weekend, I'll probably go all out and stay at the official hotel even if it's pricey. Since it will only be for two nights.

beebee

Yes, the Arena Hotel. Looks like they have not yet loaded their 2023 rates, so a call to the hotel may be in order. Before making a reservation, you might want to check out the reviews on TripAdvisor. Seems the Arena has gone downhill. I’m going to avoid it.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Yes, the Arena Hotel. Looks like they have not yet loaded their 2023 rates, so a call to the hotel may be in order. Before making a reservation, you might want to check out the reviews on TripAdvisor. Seems the Arena has gone downhill. I’m going to avoid it.
Yeah, I got a good rate at the Arena for 2021 Nats...alas.... I think they don't upload their rates for a new year online until much closer out. I had to call. But if they've gone downhill, maybe I'll stay at one of the hotels closer to the downtown center and take the free bus or Uber.

mtnskater

I’ve always stayed at the Fairmont San Jose for previous Nationals. Just checked rates and looks like it is out of business and was sold to a new developer. Darn…loved staying there. Looks like it will open as a new hotel this spring but no doubt rates will be ungodly.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
The rates for The Arena hotel were based on the prices Expedia and Trip Advisor were showing me for the Nationals dates in January so you can book there now although I think you might be able to get a better rate by calling them directly, which I did in the past. I don't think The Arena has necessarily gone downhill, though. It's been pretty much the same every time I've stayed there. It's just a cheapie hotel whose primary appeal has always been location, location, location. It's just not so cheap for Nationals this time because they are aware of the event. :p

A.H.Black

We made reservations at the Arena Hotel in January. The pandemic was very hard for them and they have had to cut some of the amenities - like breakfast. However, there is a Whole Foods market right by them and lots of other food around. Location makes all the difference for us. This will be our 4th time staying there and we are happy they made it through the last couple of years.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Was there in 2018, loved it! San Jose is a wonderful place.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The Fairmount was definitely sold. I wonder where the official hotel will be. It could be in whatever the old Fairmont turns into as that really is the best hotel for it. I guess I'll have to interrogate my :sekret: about it. Unless it's already been announced and I'm just out of the loop. :lol:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The Fairmount was definitely sold. I wonder where the official hotel will be. It could be in whatever the old Fairmont turns into as that really is the best hotel for it. I guess I'll have to interrogate my :sekret: about it. Unless it's already been announced and I'm just out of the loop. :lol:
The official hotel has been the Marriott the last two times Nats was in San Jose.

jkl

The Fairmont will now be a Hilton property. It will be called Signia by Hilton San Jose. It will open March 23. Just for grins and giggles I checked their rates during Nationals.🤯

YukiNieve

2023 TOYOTA U.S. Figure Skating Championships Tentative Schedule (subject to change)

Monday, Jan. 23, 2023
Official practice sessions - Junior

Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023
Junior Pairs Short Program
Junior Men Short Program
Junior Rhythm Dance

Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2023
Junior Ladies Short Program
Junior Men Free Skate
Junior Pairs Free Skate
Junior Free Dance

Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023
Junior Ladies Free Skate
Championship Pairs Short Program
Championship Ladies Short Program

Friday, Jan. 27, 2023
Championship Rhythm Dance
Championship Ladies Free Skate

Saturday, Jan. 28, 2023
Championship Men Short Program
Championship Pairs Free Skate
Championship Free Dance

Sunday, Jan. 29, 2023
Championship Men Free Skate
Prevagen Skating Spectacular
When I clicked the link, nothing about US Nats came up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information