2021-2022 New/Returning TV Shows

Yehudi

AITA
I still think George Costanza’s fiancée dying by cheap wedding invites is the worst plot twist

LeafOnTheWind

I need to rewatch season 1 of The Witcher or read a quick summary. I had a hard time following it until I realized there were at least 3 timelines. I have a feeling I will still be confused.

vgerdes

I need to rewatch season 1 of The Witcher or read a quick summary. I had a hard time following it until I realized there were at least 3 timelines. I have a feeling I will still be confused.
Season 1 was more than a little confusing in that respect, so the show's creative team has made it a point to mention several times that this year's episodes will have one, linear timeline, even when the narrative jumps between different characters. So it should be easier to follow. Hopefully.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Having different timelines was a choice that made sense* last season because the whole season was about how those three characters got to where they did starting from different places and times. But now they are going to have adventures together so I wouldn't expect different timelines this season.

*I mean it made sense artistically, not that I could follow everything. :lol:

LeafOnTheWind

The Witcher did a bad job of letting people know they were switching timelines. I get why they didn't want to flash up a message like 60 years ago because of artistic reasons but there is a reason why directors do stuff like that. Who cares how pretty it is if you leave the most of your audience really confused on the story. :lol:

PeterG

I just found out yesterday than Mixed-ish was cancelled...back in MAY! :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

It was such a good show. Had no idea the ratings were not strong enough for it to last a good number of years. :(

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 19/2021 - Saturday December 25/2021:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-schedule-all-the-new-and-returning-tv-shows

Sunday, December 19
1883 - Paramount+ - 3:01 a.m. (Crime Drama)
WHAT HAPPENED IN OSLO - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
Under The Christmas Tree (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
'Tis The Season To Be Marry (TV Movie) - Hallmark - 8 p.m.
Claws Season 4 - TNT - 9 p.m.

Monday, December 20
Dynasty Season 5 - The CW - 8 p.m.
Candy Cane Candidate (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
TOUGH LOVE WITH HILARY FARR - HGTV - 9 p.m. (Reality)

Tuesday, December 21
The Christmas Ball (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.

Wednesday, December 22
Emily In Paris Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

Thursday, December 23
DRAGONS: THE NINE REALMS - Hulu - 12:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
BABBLE BOP! - Peacock - 3:01 a.m. (Children's Animation)
Beforeigners Season 2 - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
Rebuilding A Dream Christmas (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.

Friday, December 24
THE SILENT SEA - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
Hot Chocolate Holiday (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.

Saturday, December 25
SINGLE'S INFERNO - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Dating)
STORIES OF A GENERATION - WITH POPE FRANCIS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)
Writing Around The Christmas Tree (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Susan1

Breaking news (ha) - there is a message on my t.v. that NBCSN will no longer exist after 12/31/21. MOST programming will be on USA network channels. The only thing on there now is Law and Order and Chicago PD reruns. That better mean they will carry the Winter O's, because I won't get the Olympic channel.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Breaking news (ha) - there is a message on my t.v. that NBCSN will no longer exist after 12/31/21. MOST programming will be on USA network channels. The only thing on there now is Law and Order and Chicago PD reruns. That better mean they will carry the Winter O's, because I won't get the Olympic channel.
The Olympic Channel doesn’t show much if any live coverage of the Olympics so you should be good.

PeterG

One Of Us Is Lying gets better and better every week. It's a step above most teen dramas, the writing surprises me at times and there are lots of twists to keep my attention at a high level. Every week a think a new person did it, and that's where the writers want us to go. The cast is really good and I have no idea who is the "one of us" who is lying...or even what's happening! I wonder if they will do as good a job as I expect in setting things up for a second season. :cheer:

Seerek

Spoiler alert

The plot line itself wasn't too surprising considering...

Chris Noth's commitments with filming "The Equalizer"

In retrospect, the plot line w/Peloton now doesn't seem that bad of an idea considering....

all of Chris Noth's sexual harassment allegations last week

PeterG

The 44th Annual Kennedy Center Honors will air on CBS tonight from 9 to 11pm. An article about the show:

The 44th Annual Kennedy Center Honors, Celebrating Bette Midler, Berry Gordy, More, Airs on CBS December 22

Along with Midler and the founder of Motown, three others are being honored:

* operatic bass-baritone Justino Díaz

* Saturday Night Live creator Lorne Michaels

* singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell

The show will also feature David Letterman, Steve Martin, Chita Rivera, Barbara Hershey, Goldie Hawn, Stevie Wonder, Amy Poehler, Smokey Robinson, Andra Day, Norah Jones, Ellie Golding, Brandi Carlile, Brittany Howard, Herbie Hancock, Scarlett Johansson, Melissa Manchester, Billy Porter, Paul Simon, Kevin Nealon, Seth Meyers, Colin Jost, Michael Che, Tony winner Kelli O'Hara and the Broadway cast of Ain't Too Proud To Beg.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday December 26/2021 - Saturday January 01/2022:https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...e-schedule-all-the-new-and-returning-tv-shows

Sunday, December 26
Letterkenny Season 10 - Hulu - 12:01 a.m.
Home Town Season 6 - HGTV - 8 p.m.

Monday, December 27
Kids Baking Championship Season 10 - Food - 8 p.m.

Tuesday, December 28
RAID THE FRIDGE - Food - 10 p.m. (Reality)

Wednesday, December 29
ANXIOUS PEOPLE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m. (Action)
CRIME SCENE: THE TIMES SQUARE KILLER - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Docuseries)

Thursday, December 30
KITZ - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)
Shadow Lines Season 2 - Sundance Now - 3:01 a.m.

Friday, December 31
Cobra Kai Season 4 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
THE ESTABLISHED HOME - Discovery+ - 3:01 a.m. (Reality)
Queer Eye Season 6 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
STAY CLOSE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m. (Drama)

Please post any updates I may have missed.

PeterG

That was a mind-blowing season finale for Hightown last night. The writing for this season was better than season one. They eliminated all the questionable character actions that needed to happen in order for the story to go where the writers wanted. Instead, everything made sense character-wise, although story-wise, we got to enjoy a LOT of WTF??? moments. So what a way to end the season, so many characters having stories which could lead to WHO KNOWS WHERE!!?? One of the best season finales I think I have ever seen. Frustrating to have wait for who knows how long for season three, but I am sure it will be worth the wait. :cheer:

Last edited:

gkelly

That was a mind-blowing season finale for Hightown last night. The writing for this season was better than season one. They eliminated all the questionable character actions that needed to happen in order for the story to go where the writers wanted. Instead, everything made sense character-wise, although story-wise, we got to enjoy a LOT of WTF??? moments. So what way to end the season, so many characters having stories which could lead to WHO KNOWS WHERE!!?? One of the best season finales I think I have ever seen. Frustrating to have wait for who knows how long for season three, but I am sure it will be worth the wait. :cheer:

I'm only up to episode 6 so far, but you have encouraged me to press forward with watching.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I agree that Hightown was WAY better in S2 than it was in S1 although I did enjoy the first season overall. Jackie's journey through sobriety and her struggles and breakdowns felt SO real and all the WTH moments in the drug story definitely kept you on your toes! The S2 finale was very good and I think they used it as a great set up for the story to go several different ways for S3. I'm excited to find out what choices they make for the characters and how they move forward after the events of S2! BTW-I don't think the show has officially been renewed for S3 yet so we need to keep our fingers crossed that they bring it back! :cheer:

BaileyCatts

FYI, if you want to re-watch last season's finale of "This is Us" before the next season starts, it is on NBC tonight.

Just watched again and nope nope nope nope nope. I am still not buying Kate and Phillip as a couple. I am not buying Kate and Toby are soon to permanently break up, get divorced, her getting a relationship together with Phillip to the point of getting married all in pretty much just 4 years from the date of Kevin & Madison's called off wedding. Just no! I do not like this at all! If Kate Pearson and Phillip were real people embodying all the characteristics and personality and traits of fictional Kate and Phillip, they would never be a couple. If Kate and Toby were real people, they fit together perfectly. I do not like the direction of this story at all! Not at all!!!!! :mad:

In case you missed it ..... I don't like Phillip! :p Kate and Toby are perfect for each other. I am not going to be very happy watching this play out. I refuse to accept it. So there. :p

Japanfan

My prediction is that Toby taking the job in San Fran for three days a week causes the relationship to collapse.

As to Kate and Phillip, I'll see how their relationships develop.

As to it being four years since Kevin and Madison's wedding, four years can be a long time. Especially if Kate and Toby break up in the first year, which I expect will be the case.

I think a clue was given when Toby said: "I love my children, but . . ."

Allskate

I never liked Toby. Or the actor who plays him for that matter.
I didn't like Toby, either. But, I could see him and Kate together. And, while I can see them breaking up, I agree with @BaileyCatts that, at least at this point, Kate and Phillip together don't make sense and I don't really like him that much. Maybe they will flesh out the Phillip character more so that it makes sense, but right now I don't see it.

I didn't like Madison at first, but now I hope she is able to find someone great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information