From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffinplus

Dave Lease again made inappropriate comments about Eteri girls using substances between the short and the free (cough medicine, cough cough) and Russian media thoguht it necessary AGAIN to pay attention to them and call around the usual suspects /idiots (Zhulin, Guberniev) who of course were triggered in the usual fashion. Just why. Ugh I know Russian media wants clicks, but STOP. GIVING. TSL. ATTENTION.

Sylvia

TBD
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Jonathan Guerreiro and Fedor Klimov were elected to the commission of athletes of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR). This was reported by the press service of the organization.
Voting took place during the Russian championship, held at the Yubileiny Sports Palace in St. Petersburg. A total of 89 people took part in the election of candidates.
Tuktamysheva will represent single skating, she won 18 votes during the elections. Klimov, with a similar result, won the election of a representative in pair skating, 21 people voted for Guerreiro (ice dancing).

Ka3sha

Ilia Averbukh’s Anna Karenina ice show is available in HD Quality on Okko platform

(don’t know about Geoblock and if it’s available outside of Russia)

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Ilia Averbukh’s Anna Karenina ice show is available in HD Quality on Okko platform

(don’t know about Geoblock and if it’s available outside of Russia)
I can see the trailer but the rest is by subscription, so can't tell if it is geoblocked.

soogar

Dave Lease again made inappropriate comments about Eteri girls using substances between the short and the free (cough medicine, cough cough) and Russian media thoguht it necessary AGAIN to pay attention to them and call around the usual suspects /idiots (Zhulin, Guberniev) who of course were triggered in the usual fashion. Just why. Ugh I know Russian media wants clicks, but STOP. GIVING. TSL. ATTENTION.
People are watching Dave's programs. It's not as if Russian coaches don't enjoy saying controversial comments. It seems that everyone is benefitting from the increased exposure. Dave plays the same games as the Russian coaches. I'm sure Eteri loves the attention even if she doesn't directly comment.

muffinplus

People are watching Dave's programs. It's not as if Russian coaches don't enjoy saying controversial comments. It seems that everyone is benefitting from the increased exposure. Dave plays the same games as the Russian coaches. I'm sure Eteri loves the attention even if she doesn't directly comment.
What games? Since when is accusing someone of doping with no evidence OK?

soogar

What games? Since when is accusing someone of doping with no evidence OK?
Someone is listening and news is better than no news. It's not the first time Eteri's group was accused of stuff. Dave did an interview with Doug Law where he was spouting all sorts of BS about Russian girls taking drugs and then backtracked when Evgenia went to Brian Orser. As long as there is an opportunity for a soundbite.

You have a few painfully thin Eteri girls, but the three As all went through puberty and are holding onto those quads, and Kamila isn't a little girl either.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Someone is listening and news is better than no news. It's not the first time Eteri's group was accused of stuff. Dave did an interview with Doug Law where he was spouting all sorts of BS about Russian girls taking drugs and then backtracked when Evgenia went to Brian Orser. As long as there is an opportunity for a soundbite.

You have a few painfully thin Eteri girls, but the three As all went through puberty and are holding onto those quads, and Kamila isn't a little girl either.
Yet at the same time, he (Haw) was the very person who said Tuktamysheva needed to lose 5 pounds (or whatever it was) and TSL had no problem airing that, either. This was at a time that she was doing effortless 4T in practice clips IIRC. So what exactly is his angle? I interviewed Liza right after that clip came out and she just laughed it off and had the full understanding that people are ridiculous.

Whenever anyone gets into these claims, it sounds more to me like 'Well I don't know how they all got that good and this must be the reason why', but now we see skaters in other camps, and even American junior women, doing quads as well. So I'm sure they've all backed off. Or maybe they will when an American woman becomes competitive for the big medals.

soogar

Yet at the same time, he (Haw) was the very person who said Tuktamysheva needed to lose 5 pounds (or whatever it was) and TSL had no problem airing that, either. This was at a time that she was doing effortless 4T in practice clips IIRC. So what exactly is his angle? I interviewed Liza right after that clip came out and she just laughed it off and had the full understanding that people are ridiculous.

Whenever anyone gets into these claims, it sounds more to me like 'Well I don't know how they all got that good and this must be the reason why', but now we see skaters in other camps, and even American junior women, doing quads as well. So I'm sure they've all backed off. Or maybe they will when an American woman becomes competitive for the big medals.
Yeah and Tukt probably heard more than that from other Russian coaches. For a while, it looked like every Canadian was coming onto Dave's show to talk down Russians- Sandra Bezic and Haw, even Tom Dickson (American) came on to bad mouth Russians. Lots of old hurts, especially from Bezic and her competitive days. She had some of the most bitter commentary when she worked for NBC. Always negative things about Russian pairs skaters.

Dave is thrilled to get any top skating personality on his show and he'll air whatever they say. As long as they keep talking, they will keep the attention on Eteri and Russian skaters.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Akopova / Rakhmanin definitely are taught from Klimov's experience with Stolbova, very similar techniques
even the risky throw at the end of the program. They can be in Top 5 russian pair next season

From Juniors, I think Mukhortova / Evgenyev and Geinish / Mironov will survive to seniors the rest don't have any height difference
already Khabibullina/Kynazyuk and Chikmaryeva/Yanenkov are struggling coz the women are growing taller.

Kostyuk and her partner I think are next upcoming junior promising pairs, they are what Enbert / Zabijakov would have look like
had Z/E paired up earlier, with better chemistry and technical stability.

they have that harmonious height difference and stability that you know they wll hit big in seniors like I felt with Mishina / Galliamov.

Kostyuk / Chigiriev will debut next season JGP, Can Chigiriev surpass Galliamov ?

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
From Juniors, I think Mukhortova / Evgenyev and Geinish / Mironov will survive to seniors the rest don't have any height difference
already Khabibullina/Kynazyuk and Chikmaryeva/Yanenkov are struggling coz the women are growing taller.

Kostyuk and her partner I think are next upcoming junior promising pairs, they are what Enbert / Zabijakov would have look like had Z/E paired up earlier, with better chemistry and technical stability.

Why don’t we wait and see who will survive growth and puberty rather than writing skaters off prematurely? I think it is very hard to know ahead because it is not only about height difference. There are so many factors involved. People thought that Kostiukovich/Briukhanov would be alright, after all, they have a decent height difference. And yet they haven’t been all that great this season. Similarly, Akhanteva/Kolesov have a good size difference.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Why don’t we wait and see who will survive growth and puberty rather than writing skaters off prematurely? I think it is very hard to know ahead because it is not only about height difference. There are so many factors involved. People thought that Kostiukovich/Briukhanov would be alright, after all, they have a decent height difference. And yet they haven’t been all that great this season. Similarly, Akhanteva/Kolesov have a good size difference.
of course there is, it includes jump stability, skating skills, able to execute effortless lifts
If you ahve all these basics then difficulty will come every coming season, height difference is the no.1 rule but if you ahve all the others too then you tick all the boxes to do well in seniors like Mishina / Gallaimov.

from the juniors that competed seniors, it was Mukhortova / Evgenyev that had jump stability and their height is sufficient, she will never get any taller from her physical built.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
TSL’s weekly This & That is my Sunday-afternoon entertainment, LOL! They love to mention the famous Team Eteri doctor with “the smelling salts”…Dr. Shvetsky…name sounds like “Doctor Zhivago” says Jonathan. 😂 I wonder if the doctor will travel to Euros & Olympics?

Russian article on Shvetsky, who received a commendation from Putin last year on his ***** research:

soogar

Somewhat off topic. I haven't gone through this thread but in the coverage of Russian Pairs nationals, there is a tall brown haired man whom I think I recognize as a former pairs skater but I can't place his name. I think he coaches a few teams, one from Perm, and in the coverage, he talks to Maxim Trankov quite a bit. He was standing next to Maxim Trankov quite a bit and they were talking a lot. Does anyone know his name?

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Somewhat off topic. I haven't gone through this thread but in the coverage of Russian Pairs nationals, there is a tall brown haired man whom I think I recognize as a former pairs skater but I can't place his name. I think he coaches a few teams, one from Perm, and in the coverage, he talks to Maxim Trankov quite a bit. He was standing next to Maxim Trankov quite a bit and they were talking a lot. Does anyone know his name?
That's Pavel Sliusarenko. He used to be quite successful as a Junior in Pairs, but never made the transition to Seniors.

soogar

That's Pavel Sliusarenko. He used to be quite successful as a Junior in Pairs, but never made the transition to Seniors.
This is the first time that I've watched Russian nationals pairs all the way through. He has some really good teams. He reminded me of Vadim Naumov.

Rina RUS

Is this really Soloviev in Navka's show? They're saying something about 3D effects so is he actually there?

To say the truth, in his New Year post Dmitry thanks Tatiana Osintseva who helps him to be able to skate now

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYKRV4_MT2X/
dmitry_solovyev: Dear friends, I want to thank once again all those people who worry, who wish me speedy recovery!
Happy New Year! Be healthy please, that’s the main thing! Take care of yourself, of your relatives and friends!
Tanyusha @osintseva__official, without you and your gifted hands I wouldn’t be able to skate, I wouldn’t be able even to stand on skates. You came to me instead of enjoying holidays – in order to support me before every show, during a show and after a show. It is priceless. This is a real friendship.

Dmitry and Alina

Well, he is an adult person. We can only wish him health.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Domnina always does wonderful work. I'm impressed with her partner.

I think Elena Valova once did a routine in one skate and one slipper. :)
I understand what they were going for but I still just found it fugly.

But I've enjoyed other numbers from Domnina and partner(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information