Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
This whole two last posts make me think young women are lucky to have you around.

Zagitova has gorgeous shapes. She is not a stick figure and guess what, that’s what most men love. She is fit, firm, but no child.

I love Med but she has been known for having eating disorders and still look 5 years younger than she is really. Someone people are built smaller than others, of course, but I just hope she doesn’t put too much pressure on her body image, just like you did.
you are right like I said, some people can eat alot and still mainatin being lean.

some others can withstand, I drink plenty of liquid and drink avocado in the morning, no lunch and a piece steak or fish for dinner,
been doing for 7 years and counting.

Skibean

This whole two last posts make me think young women are lucky to have you around.

Zagitova has gorgeous shapes. She is not a stick figure and guess what, that’s what most men love. She is fit, firm, but no child.

I love Med but she has been known for having eating disorders and still look 5 years younger than she is really. Someone people are built smaller than others, of course, but I just hope she doesn’t put too much pressure on her body image, just like you did.
Why would one insult the other skater when responding to someone?

Both skaters have amazing careers now. Why bash one to make the either look better?

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I'm rewatching IdF, and Kostornaya has a huge bandage on her thigh. It looks like it's just skin colored tape to mask a bruise. Not a wrap that goes all the way around for an injury.

Scott512

I’ve been super happy with the age limit of 16 for women’s gymnastics. At the Tokyo Olympics the U.S. had two women age 24 on the team! I was previously alienated from the sport when it seemed for a period to be mostly prepubescent girls. I would be totally fine for skating to bump it up to 16.
I could accept 16 especially if they get rid of that stupid born by July 1st rule. That has hurt so many skaters careers who just get brushed to the side because they weren't born in the right half of the year.

If the minimum age for gymnastics is 16 then I could see figure skating moving to that.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I could accept 16 especially if they get rid of that stupid born by July 1st rule. That has hurt so many skaters careers who just get brushed to the side because they weren't born in the right half of the year.

If the minimum age for gymnastics is 16 then I could see figure skating moving to that.
The July 1st rule is no less arbitrary than a Jan 1st rule and is, in fact, fairer since the figure skating season runs July 1st to June 30th. So, all of the skaters are 13, 15 or 16 at the start of the season.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
All January 1st does is make it easier to look at the birth year and not have to do the math. They could, of course, just tie it to the skater's birthday and let them start to compete as soon as they are eligible. You'd always have the situation where a skater couldn't earn the senior minimums in time for a championship, which is also true in other cases of eligibility (like having to sit out for a year or two after representing another country), but they could still compete in that season.

pointbleu

Why would one insult the other skater when responding to someone?

Both skaters have amazing careers now. Why bash one to make the either look better?
Not bashing but calling facts. I was responding to someone who kind of idolize slim / stick figure people but on the other hand, you have to wonder what they have gone through to get that shape.
I personally know few skaters who have gone way to far getting “thin and fit” and it is heartbreaking to see them struggling so please, let’s stop praising these girls for being thin and maybe we’ll see them having batter body image and self estime when they get their natural body and not their fighting skating weight.

pointbleu

All January 1st does is make it easier to look at the birth year and not have to do the math. They could, of course, just tie it to the skater's birthday and let them start to compete as soon as they are eligible. You'd always have the situation where a skater couldn't earn the senior minimums in time for a championship, which is also true in other cases of eligibility (like having to sit out for a year or two after representing another country), but they could still compete in that season.
I find it logical to go by July 1st, the start of the season. So for that season, you’d be U-15, U-19 and so on.

That would be weird to be able to change category as the year goes on...

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Not bashing but calling facts. I was responding to someone who kind of idolize slim / stick figure people but on the other hand, you have to wonder what they have gone through to get that shape.
I personally know few skaters who have gone way to far getting “thin and fit” and it is heartbreaking to see them struggling so please, let’s stop praising these girls for being thin and maybe we’ll see them having batter body image and self estime when they get their natural body and not their fighting skating weight.
Some people are just naturally thin. They eat and eat some more of they want.

I have them!

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I have stayed lean, but alas years I took sacrifice of liquid intake and fish only for dinner, Ive been on 12 hour intermittent fasting for 8 years now. If I don't contol I bloat, genetics I guess. :(

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Does anyone have a link to an official list of skaters who made the senior women’s Russian Nationals? Any language. Thanks, in advance.

Tobbe

Does anyone have a link to an official list of skaters who made the senior women’s Russian Nationals? Any language. Thanks, in advance.
I don't think an official list will be out for yet another couple of weeks.

Here's what Wikipedia says right now (and it seems ok to me)

I guess Usacheva is a big questionmark in seniors, so Sviridenko is probably in.

In juniors, I think there is a big questionmark if the 4 young girls who qualified via RC to seniors will also compete in juniors. If so, the 4 bottom names on the list are in danger.

trouble77

Banned Member

Daniel and Anna are practicing the choreography...I think

zoe111

I don't think an official list will be out for yet another couple of weeks.

Here's what Wikipedia says right now (and it seems ok to me)

I guess Usacheva is a big questionmark in seniors, so Sviridenko is probably in.

In juniors, I think there is a big questionmark if the 4 young girls who qualified via RC to seniors will also compete in juniors. If so, the 4 bottom names on the list are in danger.
Unless they are injured, those 4 junior girls qualifying to seniors should definitely by at the junior nationals.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I find it logical to go by July 1st, the start of the season. So for that season, you’d be U-15, U-19 and so on.

That would be weird to be able to change category as the year goes on...
But why? All having a single age cut-off date allows the skaters and Federations competing in one season to be confident that skaters under a certain age won't be able to compete at all that season, while athletes who meet the minimum age can also be released throughout the year, become eligible to skate throughout the year after sit-out periods, form new teams throughout the year, or decide to un-retire throughout the year.

Draculus

you have to wonder what they have gone through to get that shape.
I personally know few skaters who have gone way to far getting “thin and fit” and it is heartbreaking to see them struggling so please, let’s stop praising these girls for being thin
Basically you are saying "stop praising people who work hard to achieve their difficult goal".
I can understand "do not blame (not thin people)" motto, but "stop praising"...
"Stop praising people who climbed Everest", "stop praising free divers who dive 100+ meters", basically "stop praising anyone who done something hard/painful".
Just tell to them that all their effort, pain and hard work was for nothing, was pointless, not worth praising. They definitely will feel better.
or... may be someone else will?

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Basically you are saying "stop praising people who work hard to achieve their difficult goal".
I can understand "do not blame (not thin people)" motto, but "stop praising"...
"Stop praising people who climbed Everest", "stop praising free divers who dive 100+ meters", basically "stop praising anyone who done something hard/painful".
Just tell to them that all their effort, pain and hard work was for nothing, was pointless, not worth praising. They definitely will feel better.
or... may be someone else will?
Congratulating someone on being thin is akin to congratulating them on being tall.

hanca

Values her privacy
Congratulating someone on being thin is akin to congratulating them on being tall.
I don’t think I would ever ‘congratulate’ someone to their weight, that sounds pretty weird, but are we going to pretend that weight doesn’t matter in figure skating? Considering that landing a jump makes the force 4-6 times of the skater’s body weight, the weight actually matters because any extra weight is pretty bad for the knees and hips. Furthermore, in pairs, where there is lots of lifting involved, any excess weight is also not very healthy for the male who does the lifting. I am not saying one should look like a skeleton, the skater needs to muscles to be able to jump, but keeping the weight low is important and there is no point pretending otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information