Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbird

I hope Trusova can compete well in her next GP. I don't see her competing here or doing well if she decides to compete. Sad, but she must take care of her health and her long term goals.
Plushenko must be relieved. This is not the first time this conversation has been had about Trusova.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Only Usacheva can pull off the greatest showman, not even Med can do that. It just shows how she is good with musical threatre ballads.

She should have been 1st overall. That said, I'm not sure though I can stomach these style , regurgitated every season. :sick:

hanca

Values her privacy
Only Usacheva can pull off the greatest showman, not even Med can do that. It just shows how she is good with musical threatre ballads.

She should have been 1st overall. That said, I'm not sure though I can stomach these style , regurgitated every season. :sick:
I can’t see anyone forcing you to stomach anything. Whatever you watch, you watch it by choice. No one is putting a gun to your head to make you watch it, or keep your eyes open forcibly. If you don’t like it, just don’t watch it. Sorted!

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I can’t see anyone forcing you to stomach anything. Whatever you watch, you watch it by choice. No one is putting a gun to your head to make you watch it, or keep your eyes open forcibly. If you don’t like it, just don’t watch it. Sorted!
voiced over musical theater ballads is just so otp., We cant change skaters preferred style but doesn't mean when cant rant.
Usacheva almost sold me over with that cheesy song, Its a compliment, I'll giver her that.

Again she deserved 1st place in SP.

hanca

Values her privacy
A bit backhanded compliment. Something like ‘if you were not such an attention seeker, it would be quite enjoyable reading your posts.’ I am also paying you a compliment.

pointbleu

voiced over musical theater ballads is just so otp., We cant change skaters preferred style but doesn't mean when cant rant.
Usacheva almost sold me over with that cheesy song, Its a compliment, I'll giver her that.

Again she deserved 1st place in SP.

Not with that flutz... but a great delivery and sensibility and I really like her program.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I had seen Trusova in 2018 (JPF). I saw Usacheva and Sinitsyna for the first time at the SA that has just ended.
Both are good skaters but unless they learn the3A and/or a quad they may not make it to the top in Russia.

Sinitsyna is so tiny that the big skating rink says she is too small- particularly when she wears a white dress. Even Usacheva looks bigger than her. Both are very young (16?), so they will grow. Hopefully they won't lose their jumps.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Daria skated a very nice exhibition. Sinitsyna was not in the Ex. Sasha skated a relatively small number.

Hopefully the Russian gals will be able to skate in Skate Canada.

layman

Was I the only one who noticed a change in Trusova's technique?

She's dropping her back in the landings of her jumps. She was not doing that last season training under Plushenko (where she held her back up). This seems a classic Eteri short-cut. It's part of the technique that she teaches her skaters and we have seen it with Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Zagitova, Tursenbayeva, Sherbakova and now Trusova. I fear for Trusova's back.

hanca

Values her privacy

She's dropping her back in the landings of her jumps. She was not doing that last season training under Plushenko (where she held her back up). This seems a classic Eteri short-cut. It's part of the technique that she teaches her skaters and we have seen it with Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Zagitova, Sherbakova and now Trusova. I fear for Trusova's back.
I wouldn’t pay much attention to her technique at this competition. She is injured, it must be quite bad if they considered withdrawing, so that would affect her jumps a lot. Let’s wait and see what she will do later in the season.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

She's dropping her back in the landings of her jumps. She was not doing that last season training under Plushenko (where she held her back up). This seems a classic Eteri short-cut. It's part of the technique that she teaches her skaters and we have seen it with Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Zagitova, Tursenbayeva, Sherbakova and now Trusova. I fear for Trusova's back.
Trusova has an injury. That could have changed her landing position.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

I wouldn’t pay much attention to her technique at this competition. She is injured, it must be quite bad if they considered withdrawing, so that would affect her jumps a lot. Let’s wait and see what she will do later in the season.
I don't know when the injury started or how it's progressed, but she did it earlier in the season, too. Nearly every jump pitches forward now.

hanca

Values her privacy
Wow, Nugumanova and Guliakova could end up not qualifying for the nationals. Nugumanova is 12th after the SP, Guliakova 5th. Samodurova is extremely lucky that she qualified through having GP events. She is 8th after SP. There is 6 spots available.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Wow, Nugumanova and Guliakova could end up not qualifying for the nationals. Nugumanova is 12th after the SP, Guliakova 5th. Samodurova is extremely lucky that she qualified through having GP events. She is 8th after SP. There is 6 spots available.
I wasn't watching but I looked at the protocols. Pop and a fall for Nugumanova. A double each for Samodurova and Guliakova, plus it looks like Samodurova had a messy combination. Bad day for all of them. :(

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
It was a terrible day for Guliakova, Samodurova, and Nugumanova. They all looked very out of shape, which was surprising. Of course, they can move up in the LP, but I'm not optimistic.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
It was a terrible day for Guliakova, Samodurova, and Nugumanova. They all looked very out of shape, which was surprising. Of course, they can move up in the LP, but I'm not optimistic.
Odd about Samodurova, who looked great in Budapest one week ago. “Great” for a non-Eteri/non-Ultra-C gal.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Odd about Samodurova, who looked great in Budapest one week ago. “Great” for a non-Eteri/non-Ultra-C gal.
One thing I noticed about Samodurova is that she gets almost zero glide on her edges. It's like her blades are rusty and the second she pushes off onto her skate she starts slowing down. It's very uneven. I'd just like to see her skate cleanly and fast and with purpose. Take an extra stroking class every day. Just do something.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I was very happy to see both Sofia Muravieva and Sofia Samodelkina skate well in the SP at the RussiaCup3. Samodelkina eked out her 3axel and was clean. She really has improved over the summer. Her skating is much more mature, polished, finished. I wonder which quads she will go for in the LP? I've seen her land 4lutz, 4loop, 4toe, 4sal, as well as her 3axel. We might see a massive score, since she's already going to Nationals and she has nothing to lose. Muravieva looks improved too since her last outing. Very strong skating. But, no Ultra jumps... It will be interesting to see what both of them attempt in the LP.

Tobbe

I always find Alyona Kostornaia's transformation in only a few months with Eteri to be impressive.

Alyona placed 16th at Russian Juniors in March2017 under her old coach. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm2JnSfkadA

Then she switched to Eteri and this was her first junior grand prix in the fall. The transformation is amazing to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uie4rcBGOb4
Yes, the content is the same, but she got so much more polish out of every move. It is really impressive. And she managed to take a bronze at senior nationals later that year.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The event page is down, but if my memory and my calculations are all correct -- Samodelkina won, with Muravieva in 2nd. Samodurova finished 4th in the free, 5th overall. Guliakova finished in 6th and Nugumanova in 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information