Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Will Trusova be competitive post Olympics, Valieva I'm not even sure
Aktakyeva has arrived, and she fills the remaining deficencies of valieva and trusova.

Trusova better start landing those triple axels !

75.89 as junior world record ?

can she skate at russian seniors ?
then she might win nationals too

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
FSU’s enthusiasm for the latest young Russian women, at Krasnoyarsk today, is palpable! 😉

They’ll have competition from Isabeau Levito (USA) at JGP Finals in December, for sure. Same mix of skills + willowy aesthetics. Lindsay Thorngren too, perhaps. Both have Russian-born coaches...so they get it.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Eh. Another cookie-cutter Eteri girl with low, fast jumps and predictable choreo.
Akatayeva is not a cookie cutte low jump Eteri.

Her quads are as good as Trusova, better skating skills when Trusova was her age, her triple Axels are more centered and don't do round circle take off like Trusova's triple axel.

That's why I said she is filling Trusovas remaining deficiencies
Aktakiyeva you could say is the most perfect prototype yet of the previous.

Also Aktakieva is what 14 ? she will be good for next Olympics
Trusova is what turning 18.

Aktakieva is Fresh and Young unlike Trusova.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Will she be eligible for Seniors ?

Aktakiyeva 3A-3T in SP and 3A, 3A-3T and 4Ts combinations and 4S should could be enough to beat Trusova,
does Aktakiyeva have 4F and 4Lz ?

Trusova has never landed a triple axel in a real competition, let me remind you all that again

taht's why Valieva even beats a 5 Quad Trusova.

My Early Predition for Rus Nats

1 AKtakiyeva
2 Trusova / Valieva
3 Valieva / Trusova

Anna will be in the mix if she gets her quads back.
Aliona slim chance needs to fix the more visible underrotated triple axel and triples
La Tuk is staying home again for her 3rd Olympics bid, sadly

wickedwitch

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I'm with @PRlady in her assessment of Akateva. Those jumps will not be around in a couple of years and certainly not by Milan 2026. She'll be skating for Georgia or Belarus by then and fighting to finish top 10 at Euros.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I'm with @PRlady in her assessment of Akateva. Those jumps will not be around in a couple of years and certainly not by Milan 2026. She'll be skating for Georgia or Belarus by then and fighting to finish top 10 at Euros.
:confused: :confused:

Some people said the same about Trusova losing her jumps, now they are even better

Akatiyeva has good technique in her jumps including quads and axels, not even comparable to Valieva.

I can see Akatiyeva betaing Trusova at Nationals
she has something that Trusova cant do yet, a 3Axel and 3Axel-3T

even Valieva only has 3axel-2T

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
:confused: :confused:

Some people said the same about Trusova losing her jumps, now they are even better

Akatiyeva has good technique in her jumps including quads and axels, not even comparable to Valieva.
I have Brian Orser's quote as my signature because he was belittling Sasha and her quads four years ago saying they wouldn't last. He would know since he's an expert, right? LOL. Nevermind that at the time he was coaching 13 y/o Gogolev who was also doing multiple quads.... but Orser said he was doing it 'the smart way'. Sure, bud. Where are Gogolev's quads now, Bri?

zoe111

i actually agree with this as well. i like a lot of Eteri's skaters and have over the years. That said, Akateva is my least favorite. I find her quite stiff, although this is improving, and in general terms, her jumps are quite low. She's just not very free flowing.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Sasha's 3axel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqVmGgruOk8

This just looks so solid now. I was wondering why she did 2a-3toe in her FP at Test Skates. Does anyone think she plans to do a 3a-3t there? I don't understand the idea of 'wasting' a combo early on a jump that you don't plan to repeat, so do you think she's planning to repeat the 3a?!?! But where? I can only see a 3a as her final jumping pass, a total YOLO effort. Maybe something like 4f, 4s, 3a-3toe, 4t/////// 4lz-E-3s**, 4Lz-2/3Lp, 3a ??? That would mean EVERY jumping pass is/has Ultra-C. I can see her being crazy enough to do that!!!! lol

** With Sasha, I think she is underselling herself. Salchows are for quads. Sasha needs the --Eu-3flip as her three jump combo!

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Also Aktakieva is what 14 ? she will be good for next Olympics
Trusova is what turning 18.

Aktakieva is Fresh and Young unlike Trusova.
By the time next Olympics come, Akatieva will be 18. The timing for the Olympics have not been kind to her. She may not be in her top peak in four years time. She will be in the role of Medvedeva, possibly worrying that another 15 year old (who is now 11 and may not even be standing out among her peers yet) will beat her.

It is too early to be handing out Olympic medals at this stage of Akatieva’s career. Where is Gubanova’s OGM? Where is Nugumanova’s medal? At this stage of their career they were ahead of their peers…

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
By the time next Olympics come, Akatieva will be 18. The timing for the Olympics have not been kind to her. She may not be in her top peak in four years time. She will be in the role of Medvedeva, possibly worrying that another 15 year old (who is now 11 and may not even be standing out among her peers yet) will beat her.

It is too early to be handing out Olympic medals at this stage of Akatieva’s career. Where is Gubanova’s OGM? Where is Nugumanova’s medal? At this stage of their career they were ahead of their peers…
It's the same timing as Alyona Kostornaya. Sure, her peak might be 16 or 17, but maybe the minimum age will be raised to 16 or 17 by then? What would be a total heartbreak is if the Olympics are pushed back a year like the Summer Games, and Sofia would have been only EIGHT days too young to compete. My birthday is 7/7 also. If I was a precocious skater, I'd be furious too!

Tobbe

This just looks so solid now. I was wondering why she did 2a-3toe in her FP at Test Skates. Does anyone think she plans to do a 3a-3t there? I don't understand the idea of 'wasting' a combo early on a jump that you don't plan to repeat, so do you think she's planning to repeat the 3a?!?! But where? I can only see a 3a as her final jumping pass, a total YOLO effort. Maybe something like 4f, 4s, 3a-3toe, 4t/////// 4lz-E-3s**, 4Lz-2/3Lp, 3a ??? That would mean EVERY jumping pass is/has Ultra-C. I can see her being crazy enough to do that!!!! lol

** With Sasha, I think she is underselling herself. Salchows are for quads. Sasha needs the --Eu-3flip as her three jump combo!
Yes, 3F combo instead of 3S. And then take out the second 3A and add a 4Lo instead.
Or better still, start with the 4Lo and end with the 4F. Now that would be maximizing the BV to the limit. :)

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I have Brian Orser's quote as my signature because he was belittling Sasha and her quads four years ago saying they wouldn't last. He would know since he's an expert, right? LOL. Nevermind that at the time he was coaching 13 y/o Gogolev who was also doing multiple quads.... but Orser said he was doing it 'the smart way'. Sure, bud. Where are Gogolev's quads now, Bri?
the receipts done lie

It will be interesting how these replies will be viewed 5 years from now.

hanca

Values her privacy
It's the same timing as Alyona Kostornaya. Sure, her peak might be 16 or 17, but maybe the minimum age will be raised to 16 or 17 by then? What would be a total heartbreak is if the Olympics are pushed back a year like the Summer Games, and Sofia would have been only EIGHT days too young to compete. My birthday is 7/7 also. If I was a precocious skater, I'd be furious too!
Yes, but it isn’t particularly great timing for Kostornaya either, is it! It means having to be 3 years in seniors and that can be quite a long time to keep competitive in packed environment such as Russian ladies field. (I know some skaters manage to last in senior Russian ladies for quite a few years, for example Tuktamysheva, but on the other hand, out of 11 years of senior career she has been only three times at worlds, twice at europeans and no olympics.)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

I don't think she Needs a 3A in the LP. She has five quads. Even if she lands three of them cleanly she is in good shape. She will get some credit for the two she did not land well. The SP is another story. She must land the 3A in it to get in the final group for the LP.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I don't think she Needs a 3A in the LP. She has five quads. Even if she lands three of them cleanly she is in good shape. She will get some credit for the two she did not land well. The SP is another story. She must land the 3A in it to get in the final group for the LP.
I don't know that Sasha NEEDS to land the 3A in the SP in order to make the final group for the FS. Maybe, in a perfect storm scenario where Tukt, Valieva, You, and Kihira all land the 3A in the SP, who else is she going to be behind? At the Olys, Worlds or Euros there will only be 3 Russians. Maybe Liu? Hendrickx? Maybe Chen or Sakamoto? Beyond that, if she is just barely in 7th or 8th by a point or two, that's not going to keep her from winning the whole dang thing with 5 quads in the FS. She earned a bronze at Worlds from 12th place after the SP, for goodness sake.

Maximillian

RIP TA
I have it on good authority that Orser had to seek counselling after seeing your signature, as it was only after seeing how right you were that he realized he was nothing more than a shell of a man.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I don't know that Sasha NEEDS to land the 3A in the SP in order to make the final group for the FS. Maybe, in a perfect storm scenario where Tukt, Valieva, You, and Kihira all land the 3A in the SP, who else is she going to be behind? At the Olys, Worlds or Euros there will only be 3 Russians. Maybe Liu? Hendrickx? Maybe Chen or Sakamoto? Beyond that, if she is just barely in 7th or 8th by a point or two, that's not going to keep her from winning the whole dang thing with 5 quads in the FS. She earned a bronze at Worlds from 12th place after the SP, for goodness sake.
Why cut it too close? If she landS the 3A in the SP, it could put her in driver's seat (provided of course she lands the other jumps too - don't laugh at me please!)

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I have it on good authority that Orser had to seek counselling after seeing your signature, as it was only after seeing how right you were that he realized he was nothing more than a shell of a man.
And he only meant you. Dear Maxsim. Poor you. You aren't event flowing with this verse... Duh dUH, Dhe DUH! Poor loser in life and in music....

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
There's nothing in the world like a good bitch fight in the FSU group about the Russian women.

Keep it going. I am entertained. :nopryde:

Primorskaya

All I feel watching Akatieva is that the Sambo 70 conveyor belt of identically taught and packaged girls is getting old, quickly. In another 3 season's we'll all be looking back fondly over the good old days of the 3As, when we could actually tell them apart.

Tavi

Since Gogolev left Brian several years ago to train with Raf, maybe you should ask Raf that question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information