2022 Nationals in Nashville

Sylvia

TBD
so they came up with a personalized logo for Nationals 22.
Press release about the logo (June 25):

It' also on the Nationals event info page:

mattiecat13

As someone posted above, the hotel prices have dropped dramatically since Nationals tickets went on sale. If someone is driving and doesn't mind commuting to the arena the Music Row area and hotels near Vanderbilt University are priced more like what we normally see for US Nationals prices. The downtown prices are still too steep for my taste.

I ordered the Nashville tourism guide, but if you were thinking about getting one, I'd skip it. Some nice photos, but the "information" inside is practically nonexistent. (And, of course, Nationals is never mentioned! :p ) Sadly the Art Deco exhibit is closing at the Frist the day I arrive for Nationals, so not getting to see that either. :wuzrobbed
The immersive Van Gogh exhibit is there during Nationals week, if you are interested. https://www.nashvillevangogh.com/#

livetoskate

I know USFS will never do it because they want all the money they can get, but they really should do a “no vax, no entry” policy on their events considering the demographic of a lot of the attendees.
Totally. Tennessee doesn't have an indoor masking requirement, as far as I know. When I went to nationals in 2020, it seemed like 95% of people around me were over 40 years old, maybe 50+. It would've been so wonderful to go, but I'm going to be watching from home instead.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I bought all event tickets for Nationals in a fit of late spring optimism.

As weeks passed, I told myself I should prepare for long long days of wearing a mask and long long even longer than usual waits for the ladies' room (since it takes a while to sing Happy Birthday To You twice).

But now that the Republican state leadership is basically homicidal, I don't want to go anywhere near the state or give a single business there a penny of my money.

I'm telling myself January is still a long way away and there's no way of knowing what will be happening anywhere at that point. But I seriously hope the USFS is looking into changing its venue, even if it means no fans in the stands, because by my standards at least, what Tennessee's Republican leadership wants to do is as bad as limiting voter rights (which cost Georgia the All Star Game) or passing anti-LGBT legislation.

sk9tingfan

As weeks passed, I told myself I should prepare for long long days of wearing a mask and long long even longer than usual waits for the ladies' room (since it takes a while to sing Happy Birthday To You twice).

But now that the Republican state leadership is basically homicidal, I don't want to go anywhere near the state or give a single business there a penny of my money.

I'm telling myself January is still a long way away and there's no way of knowing what will be happening anywhere at that point. But I seriously hope the USFS is looking into changing its venue, even if it means no fans in the stands, because by my standards at least, what Tennessee's Republican leadership wants to do is as bad as limiting voter rights (which cost Georgia the All Star Game) or passing anti-LGBT legislation.
I'm in the same boat as you. I bought tickets and made hotel reservations(fully refundable). Good thing that Southwest doesn't put their schedule for January until the middle of September. I'll be watching carefully.

A friend of mine contacted Brent Diederich, who is the Manager of Giving Programs at USFSA including FOFS about the situation in TN and he indicated that USFSA is "watching the situation carefully". So I guess we going to have to wait and see,

Rhumba d’Amour

I feel exactly the same way. Bought my tickets when they first went on sale, and now wish I had not. My greatest fear is that they will NOT bar spectators and so won’t refund our money even though it won’t be safe to go.

sk8nlizard

Me too. Or without a booster.

I haven't bought my plane ticket yet and I just got a notice from Google Flights that the lowest airfare was now $100 more than last time it changed. :yikes:
Me as well. I live in Texas, my kids are going back to school next week (I’m sending them in masks but it’s optional in our district) and I will wear my mask in the arena. I don’t think Nashville is any worse than where I am. My guess is that somewhere in the not so distant future we will all get Covid. I am vaccinated and still wear a mask, but if spectators are allowed I will be there! I do think people in the Northeast (or Canada) or people without school age kids might have a different perspective and that’s totally okay. I think I have become somewhat desensitized (or just cannot take the stupidity around me anymore) but I don’t even notice people without masks on anymore (I notice people that do though).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think I have become somewhat desensitized (or just cannot take the stupidity around me anymore) but I don’t even notice people without masks on anymore (I notice people that do though).
The people who don't wear them properly are the ones that push my buttons. Wear them or don't but don't put them on your chin or with your nose sticking out! :lol:

Something for people to keep in mind when making a decision is that USFS put on several safe events last year and there have been few reports of outbreaks from flying. IMO if USFS can't put on a safe event, they will cancel or not allow spectators as they have done in the past.

peibeck

Simply looking
I went to the US Olympic Gymnastics trials when they were held in St. Louis, and the arena had a policy that you had to have a mask to enter the arena, which they were enforcing at the entrances. But then as soon as people were inside and in their seats, they just took their masks off. :rolleyes:

So I concur with @TanithandBenFan that hopefully they will be providing proof of vaccination, but in TN, I highly doubt it.

sk8nlizard

I went to the US Olympic Gymnastics trials when they were held in St. Louis, and the arena had a policy that you had to have a mask to enter the arena, which they were enforcing at the entrances. But then as soon as people were inside and in their seats, they just took their masks off. :rolleyes:

So I concur with @TanithandBenFan that hopefully they will be providing proof of vaccination, but in TN, I highly doubt it.
I was also there! When I purchased tickets it said masks would be required. I was stressed the entire time as my 10 year old was with my. We wore our masks but he wanted food (when you could actually get something).

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Wait - I haven’t been keeping up with news from states. So TN is not sophisticated? Whoa! We FSUers must stay home and watch this on sophisticated Peacock Premium, as I’ve suggested all along! We can prepare our sophisticated snacks, ready on our sophisticated coffee tables.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I booked my flight! I'll be getting in on the 5th at 12:21PM! AA and not Delta, as I usually use--it's nonstop.

I looked at the hotels - the Springhill has no availability, and the Hayes is too damn far. I like to walk from the arena to the hotel if possible. We've had a bad, bad AirBnB experience recently so I'm wary of doing that again (dirty, filthy house, and very expensive!). Any recommendations on where to stay? Where are y'all staying?

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Wait - I haven’t been keeping up with news from states. So TN is not sophisticated? Whoa! We FSUers must stay home and watch this on sophisticated Peacock Premium, as I’ve suggested all along! We can prepare our sophisticated snacks, ready on our sophisticated coffee tables.
I'm sophisticated enough to know St. Louis isn't in TN, which apparently is news to you.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I'm sophisticated enough to know St. Louis isn't in TN, which apparently is news to you.
This is the Nashville Nationals thread. I was responding to FSUers not wanting to go to Nashville. Apologies for quoting the St Louis post! I meant to echo everyone’s concerns about Tennessee.

Last edited:

peibeck

Simply looking
The sophisticated party goers at Barry’s B’day bash obviously did not. “Rules for peasants; not for us.”

AGAIN, for the stupid in the back row, EVERYONE HAD TO BE VACCINATED OR SHOW PROOF OF A RECENT NEGATIVE TEST. Same rules which are being applied to many places, such Broadway theaters, NY restaurants and bars, concert venues, etc. So the rules for attending were, in fact, not any different for people attending Obama's birthday party than for someone wanting to dine at Peter Lugers or the Bubba Gump's Shrimp in Times Square.

Also, as someone who jets off to Europe just to attend ballets, you consider yourself a "peasant?" 🙄

Last edited:

mposl

I booked my flight! I'll be getting in on the 5th at 12:21PM! AA and not Delta, as I usually use--it's nonstop.

I looked at the hotels - the Springhill has no availability, and the Hayes is too damn far. I like to walk from the arena to the hotel if possible. We've had a bad, bad AirBnB experience recently so I'm wary of doing that again (dirty, filthy house, and very expensive!). Any recommendations on where to stay? Where are y'all staying?
I am staying at the Cambria. It is very close, easy walking distance and was reasonably priced compared to most other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information