2021/2022 Canadian Pairs: News and Updates

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
My biggest question was Eric’s ability to get through programs. This wasn’t bad, but it also didn’t wow me just yet. Not saying that can’t change and I’m certainly aware they may need more time to mesh, but the program (and especially music) is 😒 at this point. Hopefully the free skate is a bit more.. angular or avant-garde I guess?

Winnipeg

I thought it was a good program. Agree with the dress comments. Eric missed his jump, needs to get that back. I did not mind the music.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Randomly I came across the short program of Eric and Vanessa tonight. I have to say I quite like it. It’s interesting different music and they both look different than they did with their previous partners. I also like the choreography in the short program. Is there free program available?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I thought Eric looked rusty. The program is nice, the music is awful. I’d like to see Vanessa in a brighter coloured dress, maybe emerald green or sapphire blue, the navy was too dark.

I have to disagree, with all the massively sad and depressing music I sat through with cranberry cup this week I did not mind their music especially when it got a little techno dance there towards the end. For me, this was refreshing!!

For more refreshing music check out the free program of the Gribble’s. Yes I know this is the Canadian thread. Lol

danafan

Canadian ladies über
So it's official - Nicolas Nadeau will be skating pairs with Emmanuelle Proft. He posted this on instagram.

Throwing Emma (and I) into something new!
I've decided to retire from singles and try out pairs!
Thank you to Skate Canada and Patinage Quebec for all the suport over the years!

honey

Though they are both switching to pairs rather late in their careers, I can't help but feel a bit excited about this. Emmanuelle has the goods to be a pair girl; great personality and presence on the ice. I do wonder how Nic at nearly 24 will transition to lifting, but I am very intrigued to see what this will produce.

Sk8mom123

Though they are both switching to pairs rather late in their careers, I can't help but feel a bit excited about this. Emmanuelle has the goods to be a pair girl; great personality and presence on the ice. I do wonder how Nic at nearly 24 will transition to lifting, but I am very intrigued to see what this will produce.
I have a feeling they've been playing with this behind the scenes for a while. Looking forward to seeing them.

RoseRed

I have a feeling they've been playing with this behind the scenes for a while. Looking forward to seeing them.
Yeah, so do I. He's posted clips of him playing a little with pairs moves and lifts on Instagram a few in the past.

Like this from March 2019 - a lift out on an outdoor rink with Emma
Or this sbs jump with Emma from January 2019
And these lift attempts with another skater from February 2018
And this off ice lift with Justine Brasseur from July 2017

I'm sure it'll be a big transition, but I think he's been trying pairs stuff like lifts casually for a long time.

karmena

.....I believe Valentina Marchei was 28 when she switched to pairs...

honey

.....I believe Valentina Marchei was 28 when she switched to pairs...
Not saying it can’t be done! I was more specifically thinking about lifting. Generally speaking, there’s a certain musculature to a pair guy. It will be interesting to see how Nic’s lifting skills will develop at this stage.

mackiecat

Did Valentina’s partner have pair experience? Here we are talking about 2 singles skaters with no pair experience so the learning curve will be even steeper. They are both such showman though so I’m looking forward to this

honey

Did Valentina’s partner have pair experience? Here we are talking about 2 singles skaters with no pair experience so the learning curve will be even steeper. They are both such showman though so I’m looking forward to this
Yes, Hotarek had won a GP the previous season with his former partner before teaming up with Marchei.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Four Canadian pairs are listed for the Autumn Classic on the Skate Canada assignments page:

VANESSA JAMES / ERIC RADFORD
LORI-ANN MATTE / THIERRY FERLAND
DEANNA STELLATO-DUDEK / MAXIME DESCHAMPS
EVELYN WALSH / TRENNT MICHAUD

So happy for the debut of Stellaot/Deschamps!

clairecloutier

So I haven't been keeping up with Canadian junior pairs. Are Laurin/Ethier and Levesque/Hudon still competing, or did they split/retire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information