Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
LOL at SBS' "no one could have possibly objected to that."

Are you kidding? Saddling a grandchild of Lady Di with the name Diana? What a nightmare.

I think they got this one perfectly right.

And for those Archie fans, there's always a chance she'll want to change from "Lili" to "Betty" when she's older :)

canbelto

I kind of hope Lili favors Meghan in terms of looks. I kind of think Harry's face is fine on a guy but not so much on a woman ...

puglover

At one point in my life, I seriously considered marrying a guy with red hair, mostly because I loved his hair and wanted red headed children. Fortunately, it was a short lived stage. I especially love red hair and brown eyes together.

skategal

Bunny mama

So a “Palace source” started all this.

Really, is it any wonder they left and went to California? :wall:

clairecloutier

So a “Palace source” started all this.

Really, is it any wonder they left and went to California? :wall:

If anyone needed more proof that the British press will literally take ANY opportunity to create a negative story around Harry/Meghan ....

VGThuy

I think everyone involved is ridiculous, sending out sources and friends and now lawyers to publicly spat over a baby name. The child seems to be the most mature person in this whole situation. 🤐
I don’t know how H&M or the Queen come off as ridiculous. They’re the ones being lied about. All they did was announce the name and all of a sudden the baby’s name became a point people used to further their narrative they had about H&M. Then people started jumping on them from all over accusing them of all kinds of nasty things and theorizing what their intent was with the name. They also used negative feelings about H&M to justify their criticisms towards H&M’s choice of name itself. Then add on what they claim is a blatant lie being perpetuated by the BBC, and well…. All you have to do his read this thread to get a sample of what H&M were getting after the name announcement.

Barbara Manatee

To me it is ridiculous to communicate through the media via anonymous friends and sources. Talk to each other and leave everyone who isn't family out of it. They aren't settling rumors, they are exacerbating them and giving the tabloids and the 'haters' of both H&M and the BRF more and more mud to sling all around.

VGThuy

To me it is ridiculous to communicate through the media via anonymous friends and sources. Talk to each other and leave everyone who isn't family out of it. They aren't settling rumors, they are exacerbating them and giving the tabloids and the 'haters' of both H&M and the BRF more and more mud to sling all around.
This whole thing is being spread through the media and thrust onto the public to where people on the street and in this thread believe H&M blindsided the Queen with the name. H&M and the Queen were fine until the fake story was being purported by those who were looking for a negative angle on their daughter's name. So they don't need to communicate with each other. They were already on the same page. Since the media was spreading that false story and getting people riled up, all the other parties did was correct them and if that meant having to threaten to sue for libel just to show how false that story was, then so be it. They most likely wouldn't have listened otherwise. Earlier in this thread, someone said a rumor about H&M had to be true because they didn't threaten to sue, so I guess now they should if they want to squash falsehoods.

Barbara Manatee

I don't know what page H&M and the Queen are on, as all I have seen are contradictory comments from unnamed sources. I could easily have missed something more definitive, though.

You are assuming that either the palace source and/or the BBC are lying?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
This whole thing is being spread through the media and thrust onto the public to where people on the street and in this thread believe H&M blindsided the Queen with the name. H&M and the Queen were fine until the fake story was being purported by those who were looking for a negative angle on their daughter's name. So they don't need to communicate with each other. They were already on the same page. Since the media was spreading that false story and getting people riled up, all the other parties did was correct them and if that meant having to threaten to sue for libel just to show how false that story was, then so be it. They most likely wouldn't have listened otherwise. Earlier in this thread, someone said a rumor about H&M had to be true because they didn't threaten to sue, so I guess now they should if they want to squash falsehoods.
Or perhaps the unnamed sources from BP are being truthful. There have been plenty of instances, since that first Oprah interview, where it's been factually proven that H&M either fabricated or stretched the truth to fit their current narrative. This could be another "recollections may vary" situation. But, I certainly wouldn't cast the BBC report as "false". There are a lot of RRs who are commenting on Twitter and in other outlets who seem to think the BBC report is legitimate and true - I saw a mention that apparently ITV is also backing up the BBC report.

As far as H&M threatening to sue... How would they be able to prove that the BBC was lying? They can't. Unless they recorded the conversation with the Queen about Lili's name and are willing to truly burn all bridges with the BRF by using that in a court proceeding.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
As far as H&M threatening to sue... How would they be able to prove that the BBC was lying? They can't. Unless they recorded the conversation with the Queen about Lili's name and are willing to truly burn all bridges with the BRF by using that in a court proceeding.

Even if there isn't a recording, they may be thinking that the Queen or BP would back them up in confirming that the conversation happened. Or they may have gotten that assurance before their lawyers sent out the letters today.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Even if there isn't a recording, they may be thinking that the Queen or BP would back them up in confirming that the conversation happened. Or they may have gotten that assurance before their lawyers sent out the letters today.
I can't see BP or the Queen wading into a legal battle the Sussexes pick with the BBC. Not especially since all of the press releases have been so carefully worded to leave a lot of room for interpretation.

skategal

Bunny mama
Similarly, how could the Palace Source confirm that their report is true?

If I was the Queen I would be livid with said “Palace Source” and the BBC.

The last thing they need is more speculation that all is not okay in the BRF.

I’m guessing Palace Source said something like “I didn’t hear them ask permission to use the name” which may be true but tells us nothing and the media are running with it.

canbelto

I think there's a real racial undertone to the BBC report. A mixed race child carrying Elizabeth's name is not something people are "ready" for.

But "palace sources" is really vague. It could be anyone from the private secretaries to the garbageman.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
It’s pretty depressing to see what I experienced as a happy and sweet birth and name announcement become, thanks to the media and social commentary a veritable “Lili-gate”. What did HMQ know and when did she know it? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

puglover

Their child, they chose the name, they will have the responsibility, joys and challenges of raising this child and I suspect no grandmother is going to be offended by having a child named after her. I think they would all do better if they stopped talking to the media and stopped feeding this frenzy. I doubt that anyone's opinion is actually changed by any of this. The public knows the basics - a beautiful, healthy baby, mom is fine, everyone is happy, name chosen to honour mother and grandmother, everyone wishes them much joy along with other royals who have congratulated them. The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information