Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I am so happy for Karen. I loved her dress at nationals but I love it even more because it matched the rink set decoration in Stockholm. Now that’s the Karen I’ve been hoping for

If placements were to stay where they are now we can send three ladies next year. I think we def need to place trusova ahead of both of them of course and then even if that happens knocking them both down a spot we can still send three but it has to stay like that!!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Can the skater at Nebelhorn be one of the skaters who contributed to the opportunity at a 3rd (or 2nd?) spot at the previous season's World Championships?

I read the memo - no, it can not.

I swear the IOC is making it more difficult these days for athletes to make a squad of an Olympic gymnastics team or to make it onto a figure skating team

Only four athletes these days compose a gymnastics squad? It’s like they’re making it more difficult for people to enter the sport if that’s what their dream was - to make it to the Olympics. I like it back when it was seven. The more the merrier! IOC is making it to restricting these days and after the virus it should be a lot more welcoming

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I fail to understand the marks,other than the fact the books are cooked for the Russians per usual. Our Karen deserved better.

-BB
She also skated in the 3rd to last group with a lot of great skaters still ahead. She was marked quite fairly, IMO. The top 5 were really the highlight of the event.

Schizas was also quite the revelation and Mikutina was fantastic.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

She also skated in the 3rd to last group with a lot of great skaters still ahead. She was marked quite fairly, IMO. The top 5 were really the highlight of the event.

Schizas was also quite the revelation and Mikutina was fantastic.
Oh Madeline was dynamite and if skate Canada does not get its act together and recognize their own talent she should go skate for another country if able. Lol. SC needs new leadership, I agree with others.

Marco

Great for Karen showing the doubters (me included). She did get lucky with the combo being called clean (come on now) but it sort of evened out a bit when she got lower PCS than what she deserved (lower than Liza T and Sasha T?!) I am a huge fan of the free skate and I hope she shines!

Bradie rarely misses rotating the 3toe even if not fully. I don't think the lutz landing was that shaky. I hope she places high enough in combination with Karen to retain that 3rd spot - it's going to be very close between the 2 Americans and the 2 Koreans.

zigzig

The Russian rigging was obvious - I mean, two q's for Rika?! Give me a fekkin break - that calling to keep her below Scherb was obscene and protest-worthy IMHO. And lowballing her Rika's PCS too. And Liza not getting a q on her combo either? All of it such a joke.

On the other hand I'm glad Karen got a free pass on that 3T - I mean, that was arguably << but like others have said she was held down in PCS so it all balances out :D

Bradie looked tight and this program is so awkward for her. We are really on the cusp of two spots so hope our girls give it everything they've got! :cheer2:

Sonata

Karen was refreshing. Great skating skills, poise and a complete, balanced program. She went all out, sold the program and had the content. It was just plain enjoyable.

I’m aghast at what happened to some of the women here, and wonder if they would have performed differently with an audience. Fourth for Karen is probably a great position - a confidence booster without the pressure of trying to maintain medal position.

VGThuy

I’m aghast at what happened to some of the women here, and wonder if they would have performed differently with an audience.
Or a year without...well, you know, disrupting everything and putting everyone on edge.

Sonata

Or a year without...well, you know, disrupting everything and putting everyone on edge.
Absolutely! It’s just that some of the women who did not skate well in the SP actually did do some high profile competitions this season and skated well. Some skaters may also draw energy from an audience, while others get more nervous. This is definitely not a normal season.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

out :D

Bradie looked tight and this program is so awkward for her.

I have to agree. You know I love me my Bradie. I love love love her short program from last year in fact it’s my avatar. But I just can’t stand Florence and the machine for figure skating and I did not like it when Kaori did it either and I love her

cmk

Can the skater at Nebelhorn be one of the skaters who contributed to the opportunity at a 3rd (or 2nd?) spot at the previous season's World Championships?

I read the memo - no, it can not.
If a country only had one spot, and the skater withdrew due to injury, could that skater compete at Nebelhorn if the injury heals in time? (Mae Bernice Meite of France).

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
@cmk If she was ready to go by Nebelhorn, she could try to earn a spot for France.

But this wouldn't be under the new rule, just the usual 'try to earn a spot at Nebelhorn.'

Under your scenario, a skater can only only earn the opportunity to earn a spot at Nebelhorn based on points earned by qualifying for the FS.

I'm not sure what would have happened if, for example, she had suffered her injury IN the FS. Does she get 24th place or is she marked as a WD?

VGThuy

I figured she'd get a 24th place since she did get some points in the SP. If she got injured during the LP, would they count the elements she did complete and make that her LP score?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
@cmk If she was ready to go by Nebelhorn, she could try to earn a spot for France.

But this wouldn't be under the new rule, just the usual 'try to earn a spot at Nebelhorn.'

Under your scenario, a skater can only only earn the opportunity to earn a spot at Nebelhorn based on points earned by qualifying for the FS.

I'm not sure what would have happened if, for example, she had suffered her injury IN the FS. Does she get 24th place or is she marked as a WD?
She withdraws and doesn't have an official final placement. She could've just stood there in pain for the program and gotten some kind of score, but she was in way too much pain to even consider that. Otherwise, she didn't finish the competition.

VGThuy

She withdraws and doesn't have an official final placement. She could've just stood there in pain for the program and gotten some kind of score, but she was in way too much pain to even consider that. Otherwise, she didn't finish the competition.
Even if she had completed the SP, she still wouldn't be counted for 24th?

VGThuy

No, since she did not finish. She gets a WD, not a placement.
I see. So a skater definitely has to finish the competition. If that were to happen, then she'd have to go to Nebelhorn to earn a spot, right?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I see. So a skater definitely has to finish the competition. If that were to happen, then she'd have to go to Nebelhorn to earn a spot, right?
If she finished the competition? Under these new rules, she would've qualified France a spot just by finishing the LP. But only 23 spots would be allocated from Worlds if she WD.

Now someone does need to go to Nebelhorn from France and finish in that top 6.

VGThuy

If she finished the competition? Under these new rules, she would've qualified France a spot just by finishing the LP. But only 23 spots would be allocated from Worlds if she WD.

Now someone does need to go to Nebelhorn from France and finish in that top 6.
I meant if she completed the SP but skated the LP, did some elements, but then withdrew from injury as per @Coco's hypo. She'd be considered a withdrawn skater, and as you said, only 23 spots would be allocated and then France has to send someone to Nebelhorn and finish in that top 6.

centerpt1

Karen did as well as could be expected. She looked lovely and did her job. Bradie looked lackluster. Her choreo needs strength and commitment to make it look decent. Tom Z has not helped her at all. He has a way of ruining skaters for big competitions. Does he over-work or over-stress them?

VGThuy

Bradie didn't do her final 3-jump combo. That would have been the difference between 9th and 8th here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information