NBC to show 2 hour commemorative of American skating Sunday afternoon at 2 PM EST

A.H.Black

Love the shib sibs but wouldn’t a Davis and White be the top dance team in the past decade? Jonny said they were the top dance team of the last decade. I think an Olympic silver and gold should count for more than a bronze
I'm sure they will be shown

Sylvia

TBD
Tara's surprise announcement - Johnny has been elected to the USFS Hall of Fame (Class of 2022 2021) - congrats!
ETA: Current plan is for an in person induction ceremony to be held during 2022 Nationals in Nashville.

Johnny's 2010 Nationals SP is being shown now.

Last edited:

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Given some of her music choices in subsequent years, she might should have recorded her own music more often. I think that novelty is why Tara and Johnny selected her for this show.

And, I'm :rofl: at the thought Tara would have selected MK to show. Or Johnny Evan.

Well, given Johnny 2010 SP is showing, they could show some program from Evan!

buffyfan02

Man I wish this was more of a commemorative piece of the past 100 years but that would take forever.

Here would be my list of us nationals to show besides what they’ve shown (off the top of my head):
Peggy Fleming lp 1968
Janet Lyn lp 1973
Tai and Randy lp 1979
Scott Hamilton lp 1984
Debi Thomas lp 1986
Brian Boitano sp 1988
Tonya Harding lp 1991
Rudy Galindo lp 1996
Tara Lipinski lp 1997
Michelle Kwan lp 1998
Sasha Cohen sp 2004

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Man I wish this was more of a commemorative piece of the past 100 years but there would take forever.

Here would be my list of us nationals to show besides what they’ve shown (off the top of my head):
Peggy Fleming lp 1968
Janet Lyn lp 1973
Tai and Randy lp 1979
Scott Hamilton lp 1984
Debi Thomas lp 1986
Brian Boitano sp 1988
Tonya Harding lp 1991
Rudy Galindo lp 1996
Tara Lipinski lp 1997
Michelle Kwan lp 1998
Sasha Cohen sp 2004
See now that’s a show I wish NBC would do!

VGThuy

We wanted a 100 year commemorative special. Mariah Bell’s career music choices are one commemorative display of American skater music choices.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Man I wish this was more of a commemorative piece of the past 100 years but that would take forever.

Peggy Fleming lp 1968
Janet Lyn lp 1973
Tai and Randy lp 1979
Scott Hamilton lp 1984
Debi Thomas lp 1986
Brian Boitano sp 1988
Tonya Harding lp 1991
Rudy Galindo lp 1996
Tara Lipinski lp 1997
Michelle Kwan lp 1998
Sasha Cohen sp 2004
I'd add Dorothy Hamill to that list, too! That haircut of hers became famous! :respec:

Oh, and let's not forget about Kristi Yamaguchi!

Braulio

So I think there is only time left for Alysa Liu, Nathan Chen & Meryl Davis/Charlie White

Braulio

Gosh, I thought I would never hear again 'the married couple' and they put the Knierims, why???

NAOTMAA

It’s weird that this is what’s shown for a show titled as an “100th Anniversary” show.

If they wanted to showcase the last decade, I wonder if USFS/NBC should’ve had a poll page for fans to vote for favorite performances from each discipline.
Well they have to find a way to get people to watch.

Calling it the "100th Anniversary" makes people possibly tune in because they think it's about the icons like Michelle, Kristi, Scott, Brian, Dorothy and Peggy. If they told you straight up it's mainly Starr Andrews and Mariah Bell and these current people it would D.O.A. ratings wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information