Dancing with the Stars, Season 29

Lacey

Tyra gets so involved as the nights go on that she can't seem to focus.

What is up with her costumes, they seem like bathing suits with ponchos thrown on top. Is she trying to disguise weight gain, if so, that's fine--we all gain weight, but something without so much material might be better.

Derek's judging has been thoughtful and right on target.

Cupid

Tyra tries to ask pointed questions but they come out awkward. And I could barely hear her above the canned applause. Derek has very constructive criticism for the dancers.

I'm just happy the show is back this season!

screech

I hate when it's clear the stars don't know the movie they're dancing to. Like when Jesse said that Newsies is about catching your big break. Um, that is not what Newsies is about AT ALL! (though based on that one song it may seem like it)
Though clearly he and Sharna liked the song, since they were mouthing along.

meggonzo

Banned Member

BaileyCatts

eh, I don't buy it. Do they really think that someone who has never watched DWTS before will all of a sudden start watching just because Tyra Banks is the host? I don't see that the pace has picked up either. In fact, I find the Host parts has slowed down incredibly because Tyra can't carry on a conversation, she can't think of anything to say, and her interviews are just plain awkward. She makes it more about her than about the Stars. I've also found her to be rude sometimes. Tom was never rude. I stand by my original theory. :p

#BringBackTomBergeron . :mitchell:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The headline cracks me up. Now we "finally" know. And then it says exactly what they said when they announced the changes. :lol:

meggonzo

Banned Member
Lord, Anne/Keo, Vernon/Peta, Chrishell/Gleb last three couples. Then Tyra says bottom is Anne and Vernon. Realizes three couples still there and then the bottom two is Anne and Monica/Val, who were already called safe!

The judges save Monica, so Anne is booted.

BaileyCatts

#BringBackTomBergeron! :mitchell:

Were Johnny's pants see thru? :eek: Either his hair was too dark or they didn't do a good makeup job because he looked completely washed out on my TV screen. I mean like death's door washed out. He looked pale as a ghost. But the dance was great ... so there's that. :lol:

Skai was just beautiful. :wuzrobbed

Anne was the right choice to go tonight no matter what the bottom was, but wow. Who screwed up?? That was a pretty big screw up when Monica had already been called safe and Vernon and Chrishell didn't even get called at all?

Desperado

#BringBackTomBergeron! :mitchell:

Were Johnny's pants see thru? :eek: Either his hair was too dark or they didn't do a good makeup job because he looked completely washed out on my TV screen. I mean like death's door washed out. He looked pale as a ghost. But the dance was great ... so there's that. :lol:

Skai was just beautiful. :wuzrobbed
Yep, Johnny’s pants showed his big granny black panties when he did the butt wiggle move. His partner’s pants were not see through though so not sure what happened there. :D

The paleness was a lot, especially with his chest showing. It always takes me a bit away from the dancing.

meggonzo

Banned Member
I didn't think Tyra handled it poorly. Sounded like it was production's mistake. I don't really care for her during the show though.

vgerdes

Tyra did the best she could with a massive screw-up that wasn't her fault. Still not a fan of her hosting abilities (bring Tom back, please). And that last dress she wore was HIDEOUS. It made her look like she'd grown a second set of boobs on her hips. Yikes.

I felt bad for Anne. She has been trying so hard, and she's not a truly awful dancer, just doesn't have a lot of natural gracefulness. Still think Monica's dancing is too stiff, but I liked the way she called Val out for his lack of empathy. Sometimes he does need a little reminder on that front (his absolute confidence in his abilities can drift into arrogance), so good for her.

Johnny's been doing a lot better the last couple of weeks. I didn't think he really looked abnormally pale last night. I do NOT think he should go the spray tan route. It would look completely unnatural on him. I liked the glittery pantsuit, but if he wears it again, he needs to NOT wear black underwear underneath. Just sayin'. His hair looked great though. Let the curls fly free, Johnny! :)

Skai was really good, and her emotions with regard to Cameron Boyce were genuine. Made me tear up a little (okay, a lot; I'm still not over his death). She deserved first place this week.

I really like Nev, AJ and Justina as well. Vernon danced the best that he has so far. Nelly at least seems to be trying, bless his heart, but he's just not a ballroom dancer. Chrishell is growing on me a bit; she seems like a sweetheart.

The rest were just kind of meh for me. Didn't really stand out, in either a good or bad way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information