Status
Not open for further replies.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Also... Yana is Jewish, her mother is, so that makes her jewish.....
Jew, status and money = https://i.imgur.com/jksTs8o.jpg
Except, I suppose, for us lefty liberal US Jews, the vast majority of whom vote for Obama and not the guy lowering rich people’s taxes....

Seriously, Tinami, if a non-Jew posted that, you’d be the first to point out that it’s anti-Semitic.

Bigbird

I saw small snippets of the Stolbova interview, but clueless as to what she was saying.

She looked a little haggard but then when mounting her comeback she looked a bit stressed. I really hope she can turn the corner and start a new chapter in her life. Is she 30 yet?

Tinami Amori

Maxim Kovtun interview "Gazeta.ru": Skating, life then and after, transiting from skating, commercial shows, Tutberidze show vs Averbuch, Navka, view of other coaches/skaters, events.
In good "literary" russian (no slang or idioms) - google-translates well.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Boykova/Kozlovsky's coach is speaking. Their situation seems very odd. They had a choice of going to a training camp but chose not to (claiming it is due to State School Exams). Now it sounds like the completion of programmes is the issues. I understand that "just skating around" without programmes is not a path to gold, but getting back on skates and practicing the set elements and jumps could not hurt.... :)
---
From Tamara Moskvina's club - coach Artur Minchuk: "Boykova and Kozlovsky want to work, but at present are forced into idleness/to rest. There is no full-fledged coaching work taking place either".

The team, due to xxxxx xxxxx, was not able to complete the FS programme for the team in collaboration with Nikolay Morozov.

(the rest is google-translation with some corrections)

Tamara Moskvina's Club coach, Arthur Minchuk, said that European champions Alexandra Boykova and Dmitry Kozlovsky because of the xxxxxxxxxxxx could not deliver a new free program (in plans) with Nikolai Morozov.

“We set up another programme/FS before the World Championship dates with Igor Bobrin. We were able to win a very valuable time between the European and World Championship.

Of course, at that time we did not know that the World Championship would be canceled. They just decided that during that time we will be able to put on an exhibition number, the beginning of a short program and the basis for the free skate.

Given that Nikolai (Morozov) is in the United States, we, unfortunately, have to postpone this joint effort (cooperation, planned work). It’s not clear at all what the next season will look like” said Minchuk.

Minchuk also spoke about the new short program Boykova and Kozlovsky, which Alexander Zhulin started to develop.

“The idea of a short one is very interesting, but so far it has not been brought to the form that was conceived. They wanted to invite Alexander Zhulin after the Worlds, but because of the pandemic, they remained with the existing programs. As they will be allowed to train, maybe he will come to us, maybe we will come to him.

Sasha and Dima want to work, but so far they have to rest and train at their summer cottages, periodically. But this is all such an extramural training process. Sasha participated in the berpie/(silly internet challenge) tournament yet.

We do not have full-fledged coaching work. Online, via skype, with recorded video ... Well, what really can be determined by a recording? ” - added the coach.

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Kolyada is going to Novogorsk for camp

hanca

Values her privacy
Not quite sure how she can go to Novogorsk, when no-one is supposed to be entering and leaving in the 21 days lockdown session?
Why should there be different rules for her than for anyone else? She is going there the same way as other skaters do.

3T3T

That was an interesting interview. She has had a very interesting career, lots of ups and down but still a passion for figure skating. Plushenko didn’t seem to be involved with her training, I hope he is more involved with Trusova and Konstantinova. I was surprised with her take on Rukavitsyn, I would have always got the impression his skaters liked him and he was good to them.

It’s funny how a career develops. Herself and Evgenia were battling it out in ’13 - ‘15 but they went in very different directions from there. I’m not sure she would have survived with Eteri for to long. I enjoy her skating but I think her jumps are a bit scrappy. She could make Euro, Worlds and Olympics for many countries but has no chance in Russia. Sadly not the only lady in that position.

hanca

Values her privacy
It’s funny how a career develops. Herself and Evgenia were battling it out in ’13 - ‘15 but they went in very different directions from there.
It was not only Sakhanovich, it was four very promising girls - Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Sotskova and Proklova. In their first junior season, I actually liked most Sakhanovich and Proklova. Sakhanovich had a very nice basic skating, powerful skating, very soft knee and good interpretation of her programs. Proklova had a lot of energy and fire/passion within her. At the end, those two ended up lower than Medvedeva and Sotskova.
Proklova had injury and retired, Sakhanovich never reached the potential that was showing in juniors and the highest competitions of her career was attending three GP events and ending up 7th, 5th and 8th. In comparison, Sotskova at least attended Olympics (8th), twice worlds (both times also 8th), twice Europeans (both times 4th). And Medvedeva turned out the be most successful from all of them.

it is similar story with Gubanova, Nugumanova and Tsurskaya. Gubanova and Nugumanova were really promising pre-junior, far ahead of their peers. By the time they got to juniors, the others were catching up and Gubanova and Nugumanova’s results were pretty modest in comparison with the potential they shown early on. And in seniors, they are now on comparable journey with Sakhanovich. And Tsurskaya had success in juniors and then ended up like Proklova - injury and retirement. I really enjoy watching junior ladies, but one can never guess who will make it and who won’t.

Tinami Amori

Alina Zagitova - visits Izhevsk Petting Zoo before leaving for Moscow, and become baby alpaca Guardian/Sponsor.

New Shiseido TV and Bboard commercial - multi-generation. Alina is in the last segment, skating.. :D
(I want that dress for one of her programmes.... :cool: )

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Boykova/Kozlovsky's coach is speaking. Their situation seems very odd. They had a choice of going to a training camp but chose not to (claiming it is due to State School Exams). Now it sounds like the completion of programmes is the issues. I understand that "just skating around" without programmes is not a path to gold, but getting back on skates and practicing the set elements and jumps could not hurt.... :)
Nor the guys, nor their coaches said that the programs (or 'competition on programs' as you said) is the reason why they are skipping the first training camp.
Especially since they are not the only ones who decided to stay where they are and wait, the whole Moskvina group (including Mishina/Gallyamov and Petr Gumennik) is in St Petersburg for now.

Also, here is another quite from Minchuk:
When we are allowed to train in St. Petersburg, we will start training here, and then, according to our preliminary plan, we would like to go to Kislovodsk. I think we won't go to Novogorsk in the near future. But the first training camp, in any case, will be in St. Petersburg because Alexandra is passing the exams, and the last one is in mid-July. The main thing for us right now is that Sasha passes her exams, so we’re not twitching anywhere"

As for exams, usually the graduates have to pass these State Exams after graduation from school. Maths and Russian are two obligatory exams and if you fail - you don't get a school degree and have to wait for one more year. Also these exams work as an enrollment for universities - more points you get, better chances you have. For example, Aleksandra said that she wants to get a degree in journalism, so she has to pass two obligatory exams and also Literature and Social studies. Skaters who go to the Institutes of Physical education to get a coaching degree, usually pass two obligatory exams + biology.

This year it's determined that all students will get their school degrees no matter if they pass the obligatory exams or fail. Also, it's a long-standing practice that some Sports universities (at least in St Petersburg/Moscow) make an exceptions for outstanding athletes. For example, Sofia Samodurova (she is also graduating this year) doesn't need to pass biology and get the highest points in order to get to the St Petersburg Sports university since she has a European gold medal. I guess it will be the same with Alina Zagitova and Moscow University of Physical education. So they will pass these exams and all, but those exams are not necessary for them to be enrolled in Universities.
And in Aleksandra's case these exams are crucial, since she wants to get a degree in non-sports related sphere and in one of the country's best universities.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

As for exams, usually the graduates have to pass these State Exams after graduation from school. Maths and Russian are two obligatory exams and if you fail - you don't get a school degree and have to wait for one more year. Also these exams work as an enrollment for universities - more points you get, better chances you have. For example, Aleksandra said that she wants to get a degree in journalism, so she has to pass two obligatory exams and also Literature and Social studies. Skaters who go to the Institutes of Physical education to get a coaching degree, usually pass two obligatory exams + biology.

This year it's determined that all students will get their school degrees no matter if they pass the obligatory exams or fail. Also, it's a long-standing practice that some Sports universities (at least in St Petersburg/Moscow) make an exceptions for outstanding athletes. For example, Sofia Samodurova (she is also graduating this year) doesn't need to pass biology and get the highest points in order to get to the St Petersburg Sports university since she has a European gold medal. I guess it will be the same with Alina Zagitova and Moscow University of Physical education. So they will pass these exams and all, but those exams are not necessary for them to be enrolled in Universities.
And in Aleksandra's case these exams are crucial, since she wants to get a degree in non-sports related sphere and in one of the country's best universities.

:) Education before sports! - music to my ears. My best wishes to the named athletes.

starrynight

For example, Sofia Samodurova (she is also graduating this year) doesn't need to pass biology and get the highest points in order to get to the St Petersburg Sports university since she has a European gold medal. I guess it will be the same with Alina Zagitova and Moscow University of Physical education. So they will pass these exams and all, but those exams are not necessary for them to be enrolled in Universities.

Interesting. So does that mean the athletes who get admitted to the sports universities have to do a 'sports related' degree?

What counts as that? Human movements? Physiotherapy?

Ka3sha

Interesting. So does that mean the athletes who get admitted to the sports universities have to do a 'sports related' degree?

What counts as that? Human movements? Physiotherapy?
It doesn’t mean they have to. Just usually athletes try to get this coaching degree while they are still competing, because you can’t start officially coaching (aka got employed by the Fed or any state rink) until you get this type of diploma.
And after that they can get another non-sports related diploma if they want to proceed with their studies.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Today's (06-01-20) Russian TV news cast (re sports training).
  • Many sports centres and training facilities are open and athletes resume their training.
  • Sambo-70 training centre is operating again.
  • (show Alina Zagitova in a gym centre) in a nutshell she said: "It's nice to be training again in a sports gym, i continued to train inside the home setting but it is not the same. Very happy to be doing real training, it's also about the atmosphere. So happy. It's been a difficult time for all. On Tuesday i am off to Novogorsk, can't wait to get on the ice again".
Alina will go through all the testing and procedures before stepping on ice, like all other skaters had to follow. Confirmed by Alexandre Gorshkov.

(missed info). Alina Zagitova and Quads.
When Alina got her Driver Licence she posted "I am going to continue learning the quad (she posted a video on fishing pole before) so that i can win another Oly-2022 automobile (standard federation's gift to oly medalists)".

In her "Cosmopolitan" last interview (available in english few pages back), she said "been working on quads, before the quarantine and now (on the floor it means)". That means she plans to compete at some point... :cool:

--
There is a video that was rarely seen, it's about Zagitova and how her movements on ice and in public matched elements in Hollywood movies and ballet/stage performances. Very beautiful video with side by side films.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Great interview with Vladimir Morozov "Still in isolation only with ice". covers many subjects, including their experience with Zueva, life in USA, their future and events with other skaters, and more.
Google translate very well, if questions re translations please ask.

Great long interview with Sasha Trusova "I can't wait, i want everything here and now (immediately)". Google translates well. These are direct short phrased questions and direct short phrased answers.

lala

That was an interesting interview. She has had a very interesting career, lots of ups and down but still a passion for figure skating. Plushenko didn’t seem to be involved with her training, I hope he is more involved with Trusova and Konstantinova. I was surprised with her take on Rukavitsyn, I would have always got the impression his skaters liked him and he was good to them.

Konstantinova is in Volkov's group. They didn't start the training.

-----------------------

Sima left the Academy and after all of those bad experiences she recommended the Academy to Tarakanova. :rolleyes:

Serafima's another interview 12. 2018.

"Evgeny Viktorovich was probably still a star for me. He came, and everyone immediately began to be afraid - we must try to work harder, if you fall, that's all, horror (smiles) - although he almost never cursed.
And he was like a motivator - like that. That was my motivation. You listen to him more. When an ordinary person tells you that yes, you can do everything, or mom even - you can do everything, you will succeed - it's not like when the Olympic champion tells you that. When the Olympic champion “I see something in you” says, pleasant words praise you, you think: if this was said by Evgeny Viktorovich, then it is so. This is an inner sensation. Of course, it may be that they hang noodles on your ears, but the inner feeling, the rise - all this affects the training. Evgeny Viktorovich was more like a motivator for me.
Eteri Georgievna - as a sister, Alina Yurievna, my 1st coach, as a mother." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmr53HymzNs

And that is also interesting she told in her new interview Yulia Lavrenchuk and Vasilyevsky got fired from the Academy. So she didn't have coach. Yes, her main coach was Lavrenchuk she left tha Academy in 02.2018 and she was pregnant. She had problem with Plushenko. Sima left the Academy 03. 2018. Vasilyevsky worked in the Academy even in May of. 2018.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiygDYiFn5U/ What Sima said that is not true on that way. She also didn't mention despite her departure, she was invited to the Plushenko and friends show in Bologna in May 2018.

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Training in Novogorsk. Shows Stepanova/Bukin, Alena and Anna. Starts at 2 min mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information