From Russia With Love (#36) Spring into Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

From the page:

Дата присвоения ОГРНИП: 27.07.2004
Why are you picking on ОГРНИП from 2004, when the original discussion and issue was about ИП number of an Agent, who listed this info in the beginning of the text of the contract, and did not see the mistake in the later paragraph?

So what if she worked from home/had some small business back starting 2004, when was this last used? Some people register in expectations to have a business, but never use it.

In applications for a business registration in Russia, one must declare "type of activity/ies of your business". Did you find the document where Zagitova's mother is applying for a business number as an "Artist's/Athlete's Agent"? back in 2004.... :D

I have a better idea, since you're Russian, let's use Russian laws..... :D
  • Prove that Aksenov pocketed the money.
  • Prove that Zagitova did not get paid.
  • Prove that the wrong wording in the contract intentional for the purpose of Aksenov receiving the money all for himself.
    * Prove that Zagitova's mother knew/remembered in December 2019 that she registered something for business in 2004.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Anna Shcherbakova was filming a commercial "exercise at home" for Russia Channel 1, and it was decided to also use her cat "Mafia" in the script. The Cat was extremely disagreeable... :D The crew ended up having to repeat many many takes, and here is Anna laughing about it (several links).

Last edited:

CaliSteve

I do hope it is april 1 joke..... But there are enough rumors in the internet from russian fans (who are in Japan) about not all Japanese rinks being closed... and that elite skaters all gathered in a secluded camp and practicing. There are some photos indicating it is possible, like this one, where one of the spare rooms at a training site is turned into a skaters' dormitory with reclining beds..... https://www.instagram.com/p/B-cD60jJ1Td/

Japans' count of infected people is over 3000, it is a small densely populated country, while Russia is huge and wide in comparison and yet only 1800+ infected. If the training camp rinks open in Japan, there is no reason why the rinks in Sochi and Novogorsk can't be open without the "world moralistic world" yet again jumping on Russia with moralization...

Japan prioritized the Olympics over Corona and its very disappointing. No rink should be opened, in Japan or anywhere else. They should all be closed. But Im sure there are rinks all over that are secretly opened for certain skaters, which is wrong.

BTW, Russia takes Corona seriously and they are to be commented.

Tinami Amori

Japan prioritized the Olympics over ********* and its very disappointing. No rink should be opened, in Japan or anywhere else. They should all be closed. But Im sure there are rinks all over that are secretly opened for certain skaters, which is wrong.

BTW, Russia takes ********* seriously and they are to be commented.

There is an interview (from 2 days back) by Alexandre Majorov in russian, where he said the following (i'll give a summary, not word for word).
  • He thinks that the xxxxxxx is a version of a nose flu.
  • In his opinion Russia, Europe, USA are handling the xxxxx with half-measures.
  • There is no state of emergency declared in Belorussia and Sweden, in Sweden people are not confined to their homes. They walk the streets, most of the businesses are open, he (Alexandre) leads a regular life.
  • Once a weeks he goes skating at his rink, the rinks was never closed. At the rink he still practices some quads.

The following links of his interview are in russian, but it is WORTH IT to google translate. It is both SAD and AMUSING the Science Fiction stories and explanations Alexander gives for the xxxxxx. A total SiFi.... "my friends who once suffered from the xxxxx said all you need to do is keep healthy lifestyle and take care of your self" and so on... He claims he understands medicine because he studied for a therapist in med school.
Here is link 1.

link 2 - I come to skate, once a week, our rinks are open.

link 3 - Russia, Europe, USA are all using "half-arsed" measures against xxxxxx. He thinks that it is best to work on developing "communal immune system" (the government should work on the country's population developing a resistance through their immune system to the xxxxx). Then more about Sweden's population not on quarantiene and that rinks are open.

starrynight

:scream: I have no words! None that are nice. A million people around the world suddenly have a "version of a nose flu????":scream::gallopin1

lol I don't think anyone should be too interested in the opinions of random figure skaters on these topics. A lot of young elite athletes are too sheltered and self-focused to have much insight into the world outside of their sport -- let alone a nuanced medical opinion on something extremely complex.

ANYWAY, in other news, I LOVED this interview with Moskvina. An excellent and positive insight, which I think has useful perspectives for all sorts of people - not just athletes.

Interesting quotes:

And then I told my athletes “You can’t compare the unfulfillment of your plans with the consequences of the impact of the virus on people’s health, because for someone it ends tragically – people die. Put on one scale your participation in the World Championships, your ambitions for the result and the fact that people become infected and fall ill. These are disparate things.”

And this quote on handling potential changes in funding, conditions etc:

This happened before, in Soviet times, when Soviet athletes was winning, although we lacked a lot in comparison with our rivals. But then we did not talk about it. Did not complain. Did not cry. We thought and searched how and what can we do. How, for example, to make mesh sleeves on a costume… In those days, we didn’t have such fabric in the Soviet Union. We took tights, cut off the piece and sewed on – so we got fashionable sleeves … Of course, this is an exaggerated example. But still we had to be creative!

Not always we had enough ice, so we worked on the floor, at the stadium. Came up with additional exercises, from gymnastics, acrobatics … Trained a lot, went and competed on equal terms. And I understand: our main goal then and now is to give pleasure to people who watch the performances of our skaters, rejoice, discuss, get involved in the process as fans … And this is the main thing – to give pleasure to the residents of our city, country … This is what we will do. No matter what. That is my motto.

lala

:scream: I have no words! None that are nice. A million people around the world suddenly have a "version of a nose flu????":scream::gallopin1

The Swedish government follows the approach that several other governments have tried. They want to develop flock immunity ( I don't know this is the appropriate term) in the population. The country is not very densely populated, only in a few major cities. They think the health is strong, they can handle the number of patients. My friends are living in Sweden. I asked about the virus. She said Swedes are not too partying in winter there is cold.....So we will see what will happen there. We can't read too many protesting Swedens against the method now.

starrynight

The country is not very densely populated, only in a few major cities.

I would say that is also correct for a lots of minor countries, but the problem is things like offices where people hot desk and are touching each others's phones, keyboards etc spread sickness and then go home. It creates an artificial density even though people might not have their houses close together.

But that's off topic and is an issue for Sweden.

Mad for Skating

Yagudin today... oey vey!

text next to photo (translation is not exact, he uses untranslatable rude slag in couple if places: "I don't wear dresses, but we have too many unused pillows (he actually says: pillows all over up to my organ) . And now we're expecting comments from you: (use of rude word for gay)". He is saying that with this photo he is expecting to be insulted/called "gay".

Just when I thought that man couldn’t stoop lower...my God.

But PR wise it will be bad and if it were to catch on it can cause a lot of damage. The "confused" international press will keep repeating the mistake over and over as fact (even if officially corrected by the IOC) because who cares Russia=cheating anyway and therefore its right to suspect her regardless. The average people will then believe it to be fact and will just keep repeating it online and all other social media too (and will claim anybody who corrects them as nothing but paid Russian trolls). It would then become a falsehood that gets repeated as fact for years/decades to come because it became ingrained in peoples minds. It will unfairly haunt S/B and put a taint on all Russian skating, which compared to other sports, has been clean and fair. There already is suspicion on all Russian athletes to start with and things like this only make it more difficult for the innocent ones like Alexandra to compete in the sports they love without extra clouds hanging over them.

Exactly. She already got dragged into the “uninvitation” business with Bukin without a proper explanation; the last thing she needs is this story attached to her name.

ostile17

That
I do hope it is april 1 joke..... But there are enough rumors in the internet from russian fans (who are in Japan) about not all Japanese rinks being closed... and that elite skaters all gathered in a secluded camp and practicing. There are some photos indicating it is possible, like this one, where one of the spare rooms at a training site is turned into a skaters' dormitory with reclining beds..... https://www.instagram.com/p/B-cD60jJ1Td/

Japans' count of infected people is over 3000, it is a small densely populated country, while Russia is huge and wide in comparison and yet only 1800+ infected. If the training camp rinks open in Japan, there is no reason why the rinks in Sochi and Novogorsk can't be open without the "world moralistic world" yet again jumping on Russia with moralization...

Those definitely aren't bed that Japanese would use in an emergency dormitory. It seems more like doctors' studios type of bed. Maybe some old picture from the annual athletes' check-up? I highly doubt Hanyu would risk travelling to Japan since he has asthma (or so they say) and is at risk himself.

barbarafan

That

Those definitely aren't bed that Japanese would use in an emergency dormitory. It seems more like doctors' studios type of bed. Maybe some old picture from the annual athletes' check-up? I highly doubt Hanyu would risk travelling to Japan since he has asthma (or so they say) and is at risk himself.
Are you stating that you do not believe he has asthma?

starrynight

Hanyu went back to Japan two weeks ago.

Yes if border closures and rink closures persist, I'm sure he'd be much better off at home with his family.

As an aside, I think that this enforced ice break may be a positive for Hanyu. This might finally give his ankle (and all those other niggling injuries) a chance to really heal. And we all know that his muscle memory for jumping and skating is so engrained that he can get things back super quickly. I was always afraid that he would push that injury too far and burn out before the next Olympics - but perhaps now this will mean we will see him at a third Olympics. (And this break might also give him time to think of ideas for new programs).

D

Deleted member 40371

Well, at least Alexandra Stepanova has a funny *********-story to tell her grandchildren one day.
It may not be too funny considering how loose they were in not inviting athletes to compete as independent athlete for Russia at last Olympics. Any misunderstanding or false flag is enough for not getting invited. We still don’t know why Bukin was not invited in the last games.

Mad for Skating

It may not be too funny considering how loose they were in not inviting athletes to compete as independent athlete for Russia at last Olympics. Any misunderstanding or false flag is enough for not getting invited. We still don’t know why Bukin was not invited in the last games.

Exactly. This isn’t just about inconvenience, this is about athletes’ careers. A trip to the Olympics can be a life-changing event, and all athletes deserve a fair shot with none of this ridiculousness.

ostile17

Are you stating that you do not believe he has asthma?

Of course I am not "stating" anything!
But sometimes boys who suffer from asthma get better with age and for sure Hanyu doesn't seem to struggle with it anymore, or definitely not as mych as he used to!

Tinami Amori

Nike featuring Russian athletes, Anna Shcherbackova and Anastasya Kotelnikova (track and field) - in-home training LIVE - Saturday, April 18, through IG/instagram. 14:00 - 14:30 Moscow time.

Tinami Amori

"Art on Ice" Switzerland, released the recordings of their Feb. 2020 shows to TV stations. The Russian channel ran it last night.

Here are two videos with Alina Zagitova's solo numbers.

Here is the full version of the show (over 2 hours).

barbarafan

But sometimes boys who suffer from asthma get better with age and for sure Hanyu doesn't seem to struggle with it anymore, or definitely not as mych as he used to!
In his teens the asthma was effecting his skating and it was written about. When he ended up at Crickett I read he did a lot of conditioning helping the capacity and strength of his lungs so he can do run thru's and last ok through his free program but I believe puffers are still a part of his life. Doctors pls do not crucify me as I am not a doctor or nurse just a mom who was given what was prob. a dumbed down version by a doctor who treated my toddlers. My son had asthma(he outgrew by 3)but apparent. my daughter also has the atopic gene so although she did not have active asthma she picked up colds etc fast and they lasted a long time. He would perscribe ventillen for both if they got sick.
So apparently as well under certain conditions an asthma attack could happen so some things are to be avoided.

Bellanca

Yes but why did the show organisers choose to be so irresponsible, short-sighted, greedy and selfish they have now trapped her in a foreign country?

Its truly a disgrace. A contract doesn’t excuse what they have done to Medvedeva. A contract is only as binding as a party is willing to enforce it. And I doubt that it ever required her to travel to Japan this early.

I think this proves that athletes need to be so extremely careful when signing these contracts, because shows do not care about them at all.
We have two parties here - both parties are responsible for their own actions.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
From Zagitova's interview for Cosmo:
`Sport taught me the discipline, partying is not for me. I feel out of place when going out, I'd rather be home and have tea with my grandmother. I only now start having some friends, including from the different cities, though it tough - you can never tell what the people want from you'
`What was it for?' `For the medals. And to move my family to Moscow. Our life was not something, sometimes we didn't have enough to pay for the bus. I would take a bus every morning to the other side of Moscow, leave at 7am and come back at 11pm. With the medals came the money'.
`Were you afraid to lose?' `Never. It was a shame when you didn't perform in a competition like you did in the practice. If you skated a clean programme and did not win you think of increasing the technical content. I know the quad is injury prone, but I do it and am thrilled when it works. I recall how scary it was taking the ice when I was a kid with these judges who are looking at you as if saying `Go on, show us what you can do'. In my first senior season when I won all the competitions including the Olympics and then had by far not the best skate at the Worlds it did not feel nice at all'.
`What do you do with all the toys?' `I try to bring them back to Moscow, shift them somehow. Having an overweight on the way back is a usual thing. I have a little sister who picks herself the toys and she is so thrilled. Some of the presents I send to the orphanages - am sure they need it more than I do'.

starrynight

Sport taught me the discipline, partying is not for me. I feel out of place when going out, I'd rather be home and have tea with my grandmother.

😍 Grounded, smart, thoughtful... Very happy for her.

To be honest, this sounds more like the comment of a kid who has worked very hard through her childhood and did most of her schooling remotely and didn't get the chance to make friends.

Although, I'm sure that someone as lovely as Zagitova will get the opportunity (once all of this is over) now to make friends and enjoy a social life.

Bellanca

To be honest, this sounds more like the comment of a kid who has worked very hard through her childhood and did most of her schooling remotely and didn't get the chance to make friends.

Although, I'm sure that someone as lovely as Zagitova will get the opportunity (once all of this is over) now to make friends and enjoy a social life.
I agree w/ you and I think her life will stabilize and she will enjoy a social life on her terms. Plus, anyone who has children would much rather have them enjoy tea with Grandma rather than at a raucous booze-infused party, but that’s just me 😉 and I am not saying that Alina said that, she didn’t. I simply like the thought of Grandmother and Granddaughter sipping tea. Something that Alina will cherish for many years to come, and guaranteed that Grandma cherishes now.

I am very happy for Alina because she has accomplished so much so quickly and has really handled it very well considering how her success has changed her life completely. To me, that is alway inspirational and something to celebrate.

starrynight

I am very happy for Alina because she has accomplished so much so quickly and has really handled it very well considering how her success has changed her life completely. To me, that is alway inspirational and something to celebrate.

Just on surface impressions, Zagitova strikes me as having the potential to become a well rounded adult with a range of interests. I think that will make her happier in the long term.

I think a lot of athletes must become mental prisoners to their own ambitions. The whole obsession of wanting more and the present never being good enough must be very difficult to live with in your own head. It's clear that some athletes deal with this with better balance than others.

Perky Shae Lynn

😍 Grounded, smart, thoughtful... Very happy for her.
She is a kid. What's wrong with going out with friends and having fun? Alina, like a lot of young athletes, has sacrificed a lot. Her social life have suffered the most; she doesn't seem to have friends her age. I don't see this as a happy thing. The most important thing in life is balance - including social interactions and making mistakes resulting from such interactions.

J

Jeschke

Cross-posting from OES thread
Lisa Zhuk got finally released on April 1st and is representing CZE now with Martin Bidař.
Speaking of Zhuk, what is Miroshkin doin' these days? Are these Ilinykh/Lipnitskaya/Miroshkin seminars still a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

hanca

Values her privacy
She is a kid. What's wrong with going out with friends and having fun? Alina, like a lot of young athletes, has sacrificed a lot. Her social life have suffered the most; she doesn't seem to have friends her age. I don't see this as a happy thing. The most important thing in life is balance - including social interactions and making mistakes resulting from such interactions.
I guess time is limited and no one (regardless whether athlete or non-althlete) is able to fit in everything what they would like. So everyone is forced to make choices, what is more important, what you want to do with the limited time you have available. Alina sacrificed a lot, but also gained a lot. I would worry more about the athletes who sacrifice a lot and don’t get anything in return. Alina was able to travel, has the medals, recognition and the rewards, both financial and fame - being household name in most households in her country, as well as many people all over the world. What about the skaters who perhaps worked as hard as Alina, sacrificed a lot throughout their childhoods and didn’t even get to the Olympics? Or maybe didn’t even get to Europeans and worlds?

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Cross-posting from OES thread:

Speaking of Zhuk, what is Miroshkin doin' these days? Are these Ilinykh/Lipnitskaya/Miroshkin seminars still a thing?
Well, Ilinykh was pregnant and gave birth, Lipnitskaya was doing Pluschenko's shows and now the rinks a closed, so..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information