From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finsta

:rofl: Seriously? She just got a lucrative contract with an upscale cosmetic company among others. I'd say her agents are doing just fine.

um, okay? But that’s not what the poster referencing people abusing Zagitova because of other girl. You obviously saw that posts and knew exactly what my post was about but you’re trying to spin it your way.
It’s Alinas agents fault if she didn’t get things after Olympics. It’s Not some other girl to blame. That is so ridiculous

rfisher

Let the skating begin
um, okay? But that’s not what the poster referencing people abusing Zagitova because of other girl. You obviously saw that posts and knew exactly what my post was about but you’re trying to spin it your way.
It’s Alinas agents fault if she didn’t get things after Olympics. It’s Not some other girl to blame. That is so ridiculous
And you know that how? :watch: Are you privy to her agent's business? Do tell?

Tinami Amori

I mean Zagitova said she has no friends and prefers animals and spent lot of time talking about her dog to the point of awkward.
She said that at the time when a wave of negativity was shoved on her by "fans of other girl" on social media, including physical threats of violence, when "paid media" was presenting her accomplishments "in negative light" (like articles "Zagitova won Worlds half-winged", and "interested parties" were doing all possible to keep her triumphs down.

:D She was not an "introvert" until she had the audacity to win the Olympics

... and had to endure the consequences.... :lol:
Here is Julia Lipnitskaya's TV commentary during/after the Olympic FS and Alina's win. It's a compilation of the latest Olympic events clips, and Julia giving explanations.

This video is almost impossible to find on youtube, but it was saved on VK.

Julia Lipnitskaya
Segment 1 (commentary after Alina's win)
  • "So many interviews, so many words, so much dirt already was poured on Alina. I sincerely hope that no-one (the adults) allowed Alina read all this.
  • The hate came on Alina (they were rude to Alina) because she was perceived as some one who came from behind and... (won). Heck... that's an old story here in our system (in Russia), there is a front-runner (leader), the juniors are behind them, and then juniors move ahead..

Segment 2 (commentary after Alina's FS where she added combo on the last jump, missing the first one).
  • (laughing) Alina, you scared us, have a pity on us... don't scare us. Oh, my child! first you create a problem, then you solve it (about the jumps). One of the youngest competitors to ever win the Olympics. Look at her scores - tech 81.87..
  • Alina grew (taller) between Russian Nationals and now, in a short time she got taller. In Fall Alina was hardly reaching Medvedeva's ear-lobe, and now look how she grew, and yet has not lost her abilities, her jumps, still hopping her 3-3-3... and in the 2nd part of the programme, this is just unreal and hard..
  • Sometimes i wondered why do 5 triples in a row, and here is the answer, so that you can add a jump when you need to.

Segment 3 (commenting on scores during clips of FS and start of podium ceremony).
- and yet it looks like her (Alina's) technical score is on the low side.. Although i was pretty sure that Medvedeva will be scored higher. Alina's marks were "held back", we know her world record, she gets 160 in FS. I have to be honest (have to admit)...... (long pause)..... I like Alina, was cheering for Alina, but... what's taking place leaves me speechless. This is a very strange Olympic event..

Segment 4 (kiss-n-cry, Alina hearing scores, prep for podium ceremony)
  • She won GPF, Russian Nationals, Europeans.... and look at her scores now.. Can't believe she was permitted to win.. (meaning that Julia was sure it is arranged that Zagitova will be in 2nd). That's why i am shocked.
  • (men's voice/commentating wit Julia): Look at how calm Alina is, she has not yet realized what happened...
  • (Julia again): I am sure many people don't understand now "what happened" (in sarcastic voice).
  • (men's voice): Alina, you have to believe it (it happened, you won). Eh... that's exactly why we love Alina, for her innocence and genuineness, and girl who is openly facing a big world.. And she is only 15.

- Julia: she is a very sincere person (genuine). There is not an element of false (deceit) in her, very honest, what ever she thinks - she'll show it. She is pure, very pure.

Segment 5 (after before podium ceremony, standing next to Osmond)
- Julia: So much nerves went into this event, even for us, bystanders.. All this is so hard to process.

Finsta

And you know that how? :watch: Are you privy to her agent's business? Do tell?

you must be bored tonight. Thanks for paying so much attention to me.

I am just as privy as you are. Or any other poster. Don’t try to act like some expert. You’re someone bored and posting on a figure skating forum.

Finsta

Anyone that blames anyone but Alinas agents for failing to get her endorsements and opportunities Is not thinking clearly. It’s their job.

D

Deleted member 40371

Anyone that blames anyone but Alinas agents for failing to get her endorsements and opportunities Is not thinking clearly. It’s their job.
She seems to be doing really well, even with all the negativity she faces, getting new contracts, etc. At the end of the day, she is the first World and Olympic champion from Russia in ladies' event, not Sotnikova, not Lipnitskaya, not Medvedeva. This will serve her very well for years to come.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
you must be bored tonight. Thanks for paying so much attention to me.

I am just as privy as you are. Or any other poster. Don’t try to act like some expert. You’re someone bored and posting on a figure skating forum.
:rofl: Right. That's it. I'm not the one stating that the agent was at fault with no supporting evidence. I said the agent was doing well because they just secured a lucrative endorsement. I'm no expert on anything. It's public knowledge since the cosmetic company is making a public ad. Now, you back up your statement that the agents were a problem. :watch: Show the proof of your statement.

Finsta

:rofl: Right. That's it. I'm not the one stating that the agent was at fault with no supporting evidence. I said the agent was doing well because they just secured a lucrative endorsement. I'm no expert on anything. It's public knowledge since the cosmetic company is making a public ad. Now, you back up your statement that the agents were a problem. :watch: Show the proof of your statement.
Oh my. You must be very very bored. So it’s ok to blame “fans of other girl “ For Zagitova not getting opportunities with no proof, but to post rationally that it was agents job to get opportunities and so if those opportunities weren’t secured posters need proof?
Carry on your rant, but you must know it is agents job to get endorsements. Not “fans of other girl”. Or maybe you really don’t know and Should look into what role is of agent. 🤷‍♀️

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Oh my. You must be very very bored. So it’s ok to blame “fans of other girl “ For Zagitova not getting opportunities with no proof, but to post rationally that it was agents job to get opportunities and so if those opportunities weren’t secured posters need proof?
Carry on your rant, but you must know it is agents job to get endorsements. Not “fans of other girl”. Or maybe you really don’t know and Should look into what role is of agent. 🤷‍♀️
I'm pretty sure I've never mentioned anything about "fans of other girls." I'm not the least bit interested in fans of any skaters.

Tinami Amori

The issue is not Alina's agents and endorsements. It's the other efforts to hold her back, to belittle her wins, to deprive her of the status of the Olympic Champion.

Agent issue: Alina did not have a full-scale agent when she won the Olympics. Her family is not that savvy and practical, at least were not at that time. Her family knew there are agents and fame and sponsors to have, but did not know which way is up. People on the outside of her family had to guide them in the right direction. Zagitova now has agent and people helping her. But not at the time.

The rest: Alina was held off TV, magazine covers, reporters and TV hosts and newscasters were "given a word" not to call her openly an Olympic Champion by herself, and must more. She was critiqued and hated. All because "the wrong girl won". I posted many links in the past year and half. That was a tip of the iceberg. If i post all, it would be pages.

Here are few though..
Esquire Russian edition: "Zagitova Paradox: Why so many are not happy she is an Olympic Champion, and Why this is so wrong!".

Championat.ru "Ruthless bulling of Zagitova"
[/URL]

Sports.ru "When will be finally allowed to refer to Zagitova as an Olympic Champion?"

Business-gazeta.ru "Tarasova's double standars: Why is she drowning Zagitova and elevating Medvedeva?"

"Why is Zagitova bullied?"

etc...... etc...... etc.... and i've already posted physical harm threats in her social media accounts "smash her face", "splash acid in her face".....

Finsta

so Then that’s fault of her family. Not anyone else. And please stop this stuff. It’s old news. The girls like each other. Why can’t it be the end for the fan battle.

zebraswan

I wish we had an alternative thread for people who don't care about any of this childish fanwar nonsense from basement dwellers. The "poor Alina" narrative is getting really old. She seems like she's doing just fine, hardly a victim of anything.

Sylvia

TBD
ETA that I've started a new thread:

Last edited:

Flora

I wish we had an alternative thread for people who don't care about any of this childish fanwar nonsense from basement dwellers. The "poor Alina" narrative is getting really old. She seems like she's doing just fine, hardly a victim of anything.

I couldn't agree more. Came to here and first reaction is...again???

seruleane

Alina doesn’t seem to have an outgoing personality. Film seems an odd choice. But many Olympian’s get movie roles. Tara Lipinski. Sasha Cohen. Some parts for Michelle Kwan. It is getting more roles that will prove difficult. Most have talent and not just a name to keep getting roles

Not to get off topic, but I don't think you necessarily need an outgoing personality to be an actor. Lots of actors and actresses are actually shy, introverted people in real life even if they seem to come alive on screen.

seruleane

While I completely agree with this sentiment and would love to stop talking about all of it, Alina does have her share of anti-fans/posters who love to come out of the woodwork to make snide remarks about her, her supposed "introversion" (seriously do any of us even know her?) and basically make fun of her success. Then, when any of us try to defend Alina, we are accused of victimizing her. Actually, I don't think Alina is a victim at all. I'm just responding to the posters who I perceive as being malicious. I do wish Tinami Amori would actually stop posting about Alina because it just seems to invite scorn on this board. I seriously wonder whether Tinami Amori is actually Alina's greatest anti-fan. If I didn't already adore Alina, I would seriously find her annoying after reading Tinami's posts. Also, I agree the hate and venom towards Evgenia is absurd and stalker-ish. Enough already.

Perky Shae Lynn

She seems to be doing really well, even with all the negativity she faces, getting new contracts, etc. At the end of the day, she is the first World and Olympic champion from Russia in ladies' event, not Sotnikova, not Lipnitskaya, not Medvedeva. This will serve her very well for years to come.
This negativity narrative is such BS. :rolleyes:

Zagitova received plenty of age and status appropriate opportunities. She wasn't a star going into 2018 Olympics. Alina was also very young, didn't speak well in public, and didn't have much flair. But she was lovely, likeable, and a champion. Her endorsements aligned with who was. So no, she didn't get the same opportunities as Yuna or Michelle Kwan. Neither did Tara Lipniski and Sarah Hughes. And not because the evil Kween blocked the younger rivals from getting them. But you know what? Tara went out there and created a highly successful career. Sarah graduated from a top law school. Alina is building her own brand and success. No need for a sad sob story.

Japanfan

The rest: Alina was held off TV, magazine covers, reporters and TV hosts and newscasters were "given a word" not to call her openly an Olympic Champion by herself, and must more. She was critiqued and hated. All because "the wrong girl won". I posted many links in the past year and half. That was a tip of the iceberg. If i post all, it would be pages.

Who was supposed to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information