America's Favorite Escape- Baseball ⚾️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Jumped on the Nats bandwagon as soon as the wheels fell off of the BoSox. Am I a bad fan if I prefer to call them the Expos, or worse, the Senators. I remember both fondly.

Rob

Beach Bum
The old original Senators relocated and became the Minnesota Twins; the expansion Senators of 1961 relocated and became the Texas Rangers. So the Nationals are definitely the Expos/Nationals, not the Senators!

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
The old original Senators relocated and became the Minnesota Twins; the expansion Senators of 1961 relocated and became the Texas Rangers. So the Nationals are definitely the Expos/Nationals, not the Senators!

I disagree! They are Washington's team and as such are a continuation of D.C.'s baseball tradition.

Rob

Beach Bum
More like Ancient History than tradition, but ok! All of the teams are included in the DC Ring of Honor (Grays, Senators 1 & 2, Expos, Nationals)

but unfortunately, our World Series win is counted as a historical Minnesota Twins win. And the Nationals have never played in a World series.

Last edited:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Well its true that the Nationals have never played before in a World Series! And that the Senators did. Washington won in 1924, not Minnesota!

Also there was not one day ever that the Texas Rangers were the Washington Senators! And neither were the Minnesota Twins.

I don't care how MLB may see it, but from the point of view of a Washingtonian, who went to something like 200 Senators games, I'm only interested in D.C. baseball history!

Aceon6

Fingers crossed, although I’m hoping that it’ll go to game 5 so I won’t be torn between the World Series and Skate Canada on Saturday. I’m woefully out of practice setting up 3 screens.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I was dumbfounded throughout the 6-run-scoring inning. The Nats are just fiery hot, because the Astros are a very good team. I even felt sorry for Verlander!

Aceon6

Fingers crossed, although I’m hoping that it’ll go to game 5 so I won’t be torn between the World Series and Skate Canada on Saturday. I’m woefully out of practice setting up 3 screens.
Got my wish. Now, the Nats need to win tonight and tomorrow!

Rob

Beach Bum
Well 3 nights at the park, and I didn’t get to see a single win.:confused::angryfire:wuzrobbedi never thought for a minute that we’d win 2 and not go back to Houston, but I hoped Scherzer would pitch a winner. He must really be hurting if he had to scratch. It was really fun to be there though.

Aceon6

Disappointing, for sure. I guess I shouldn’t have wished for it to go 5 games to avoid conflict with the skating. Here’s hoping for a great game and a Nats win tomorrow.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I’m so superstitious I think that the three losses in DC were my fault since I couldn’t watch. Then I watched last night and they won. I’m feeling awful but will be on the couch tonight for every inning.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I’m so superstitious I think that the three losses in DC were my fault since I couldn’t watch. Then I watched last night and they won. I’m feeling awful but will be on the couch tonight for every inning.

Don't you look away for an instant! :lol:

How late did the game go last night? I haven't listened to any of the WS games. (So I'm not responsible for anything!) I got sidetracked by figure skating and opera. :shuffle: I have opera tonight and am wondering how much I can hear after I get out of the KC.

The "my fault" for sneezing or whatever thing :lol: reminds me of 1978 when I was watching the Red Sox-Yankees playoff and I said to my Red Sox fanatic friend, "Oh Bucky Dent is not going to hit a home run." She blamed me ever after...

Aceon6

How late did the game go last night?
Thanks to Sporting News, 11:46 EDT. I expect tonight to be as long (unless a team gets a huge lead going into the 6th) as the managers may swap pitchers more than usual.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Thanks to Sporting News, 11:46 EDT. I expect tonight to be as long (unless a team gets a huge lead going into the 6th) as the managers may swap pitchers more than usual.

Thanks! I should be good to listen from 10:45 on. After Otello...

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Don't you look away for an instant! :lol:

How late did the game go last night? I haven't listened to any of the WS games. (So I'm not responsible for anything!) I got sidetracked by figure skating and opera. :shuffle: I have opera tonight and am wondering how much I can hear after I get out of the KC.

The "my fault" for sneezing or whatever thing :lol: reminds me of 1978 when I was watching the Red Sox-Yankees playoff and I said to my Red Sox fanatic friend, "Oh Bucky Dent is not going to hit a home run." She blamed me ever after...

:lol: I’m not telling anyone but FSU that, although I lost Friday and Sunday nights to my husband’s conference, Saturday I watched Skate Canada instead.
Dual loyalties. :sekret:

skipaway

I’m not sure how I can make it through Game 7....the stress :fragile:
I do know I’ll be a tired pup in the morning and hope my patients don’t notice.
Go Nats!

Cachoo

I don't have a rooting interest but the games won at the opponent's home has me 😲. And the boos for the POTUS and the women who flashed had me 😄. It's been an interesting series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information