1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America's Favorite Escape- Baseball ⚾️

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Lovemyvike, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Lovemyvike

Lovemyvike Well-Known Member

And also, how about them DODGERS?? The level of excitement about this team is higher than I've ever seen it. Such a special group. Feel like this is our year!

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Onto 4CC in Taipei!

No one had posted in the original baseball thread since April so it was archived. You can edit your thread title (for 24 hours) and turn this into the new Baseball 2017 thread. :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  3. Lovemyvike

How do you edit the title?

4. Sylvia

To edit your thread title, click on "Thread Tools" in the upper right corner above your original post and then "Edit Title" - a box should appear and you just edit your title in the second line that appears and hit "Save Changes."

If the 24-hour window to edit has closed, you can ask an Admin. to change the thread title for you.

Lovemyvike likes this.
  5. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Washington Nationals 2017 NL East Champions!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

NinjaTurtles and Lovemyvike like this.
  6. Lovemyvike

Los Angeles Dodgers 2017 NL West Champions (5th year in a row!)

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I am going Friday and Saturday! Go Nats!

skipaway likes this.
  8. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Jealous

9. purple skates

purple skates Shadow Dancing

:::Tigers fan wanders in dazedly and wonders why you are talking about baseball when everyone knows it’s gonna be awful for the next several years.:::

Coco, Lovemyvike, avivadawn and 2 others like this.
  10. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

(sigh) Especially when you know your former ace is starting tonight in the playoffs for another team. I'll always love my Tigers, though :(

Coco and purple skates like this.
  11. purple skates

purple skates Shadow Dancing

I’m willing to pull for Houston just so he can get a ring.

Miintx, PrincessLeppard and Lucy25 like this.
  12. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Absolutely!

Miintx and purple skates like this.
  13. elka_sk8

elka_sk8 Well-Known Member

So jealous! I had long planned to be out of town this weekend but so wish I could have been at that game tonight! Go Nats! :cheer2: :cheer2:

14. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

So exciting last night in DC. We were feeling down and out, and now there is hope.

Lovemyvike and skipaway like this.
  15. Lovemyvike

Wow, that game was crazy tonight. Was pulling for the Nats b/c I love Dusty and feel so bad about their terrible playoff luck. Now we get the Cubs instead, so I guess it's payback for last year.

16. elka_sk8

Oh Nats. Of all their playoff disappointments that still may go down as the worst. :( :wuzrobbed

Rob likes this.
  17. Lara

Lara It's JJ style!

Worse than 2012 when they lost after a 6-0 lead? That one's pretty hard to top...

18. elka_sk8

I was there in 2012 and thought nothing would ever top that. But for me this was worse- I don't know why, maybe because this was playoff trip #4, or just the way they kept giving us hope before snatching it away. :(

Anyway! Sad to see the baseball season end- I could have gotten behind the Indians but with them out too I am done.

19. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I was there in 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 and they all sucked. Blowing 6 run lead, blowing a lead winding up in an 18-inning game, losing in 4 games, losing so many games by 1 run. But if they can't get through to NLCS with this team, I guess I just need to enjoy the regular season.

skipaway likes this.
  20. Lovemyvike

Am I the LONE Dodger fan? Last nights game was incredible (and on the 29 year anniversary of Kirk Gibson's walk off World Series homerun!) The Cubs are so arrogant and entitled, it would be amazing to sweep them too. Although I expect them to put up a fight at Wrigley this week. Praying for a Dodgers/Astros World Series (although MLB would love LA/NY for the ratings)

HeatherC and jenny12 like this.
  21. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Yankees are still alive!

Firedancer and missing like this.
  22. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

It may actually become a Dodgers v Yankees WS. We had many of those in the '40s & '50s. It is sad that if this does happen it will no longer be a "subway series"...;)

NJL (..hoping for a time warp to my youth...kinda, sorta...:)..)

23. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Cubs looked like zombies last night. My home team is the Giants (that equals Dodger Hater) so I need the Cubs to get going! :D

Yankees are rolling right now, hopefully it stays that way!

Firedancer and oleada like this.
  24. Lovemyvike

OMG!! Dodgers are going to the World Series!! I'm not even going to pretend like I wasn't crying my eyes out last night (happy tears!!) This team is really special. My coworker has a son on the team who's having quite a resurgence, so it's really wonderful to see. Also, Kiké Hernandez that hit 3 (THREE!!!) home runs last night, including a grand slam is a native of Puerto Rico. He's raised over $100,000 to send over there for aid. He's also one of the few baseball players that had the balls to speak up about how disgusting and demeaning Trump's visit to PR was. I worked with his fiancé on a project to get supplies and generators over there a few weeks back. They're great people.

I know MLB would love LA/NY, but I'd love to see Houston get into the World Series.

Lara, HeatherC and jenny12 like this.
  25. Lovemyvike

For what it's worth, I was kinda bummed out that the Giants had such a rough year (and the Giants are our biggest rival). The rivalry isn't as much fun when there's such a huge gap between the teams in the standings. I hated that the Dbacks had a good season, just don't like them (or their fans) AT ALL.

26. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I’m a Dodgers fan as well! Thrilled they are moving on to the WS!!!

Lovemyvike likes this.
  27. Sylvia

Woo-hoo, back-to-back solo home runs by Altuve & Correa in the top of the 10th inning and Houston leads 5-3 in Game 2!

ETA:

Aaaaand the Dodgers have tied the game in the bottom of the 10th!! :eek:

ETA #2:

2-run homer by Springer... 7-5 Houston in the 11th!!!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Miintx likes this.
  28. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C

Game 3- Astros leading 5-3 after 7th. Too bad they missed the grand slam HR by inches.

29. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Hope Dodgers pull out another win tonight. Been an exciting series so far!

Lovemyvike likes this.