America's Favorite Escape- Baseball ⚾️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovemyvike

And also, how about them DODGERS?? The level of excitement about this team is higher than I've ever seen it. Such a special group. Feel like this is our year!

Sylvia

TBD
No one had posted in the original baseball thread since April so it was archived. You can edit your thread title (for 24 hours) and turn this into the new Baseball 2017 thread. :)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
How do you edit the title?
To edit your thread title, click on "Thread Tools" in the upper right corner above your original post and then "Edit Title" - a box should appear and you just edit your title in the second line that appears and hit "Save Changes."

If the 24-hour window to edit has closed, you can ask an Admin. to change the thread title for you.

Lovemyvike

Wow, that game was crazy tonight. Was pulling for the Nats b/c I love Dusty and feel so bad about their terrible playoff luck. Now we get the Cubs instead, so I guess it's payback for last year.

elka_sk8

Worse than 2012 when they lost after a 6-0 lead? That one's pretty hard to top...

I was there in 2012 and thought nothing would ever top that. But for me this was worse- I don't know why, maybe because this was playoff trip #4, or just the way they kept giving us hope before snatching it away. :(

Anyway! Sad to see the baseball season end- I could have gotten behind the Indians but with them out too I am done.

Rob

Beach Bum
I was there in 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 and they all sucked. Blowing 6 run lead, blowing a lead winding up in an 18-inning game, losing in 4 games, losing so many games by 1 run. But if they can't get through to NLCS with this team, I guess I just need to enjoy the regular season.

Lovemyvike

Am I the LONE Dodger fan? Last nights game was incredible (and on the 29 year anniversary of Kirk Gibson's walk off World Series homerun!) The Cubs are so arrogant and entitled, it would be amazing to sweep them too. Although I expect them to put up a fight at Wrigley this week. Praying for a Dodgers/Astros World Series (although MLB would love LA/NY for the ratings)

NeilJLeonard

It may actually become a Dodgers v Yankees WS. We had many of those in the '40s & '50s. It is sad that if this does happen it will no longer be a "subway series"...;)

NJL (..hoping for a time warp to my youth...kinda, sorta...:)..)

myhoneyhoney

Cubs looked like zombies last night. My home team is the Giants (that equals Dodger Hater) so I need the Cubs to get going! :D

Yankees are rolling right now, hopefully it stays that way!

Lovemyvike

OMG!! Dodgers are going to the World Series!! I'm not even going to pretend like I wasn't crying my eyes out last night (happy tears!!) This team is really special. My coworker has a son on the team who's having quite a resurgence, so it's really wonderful to see. Also, Kiké Hernandez that hit 3 (THREE!!!) home runs last night, including a grand slam is a native of Puerto Rico. He's raised over $100,000 to send over there for aid. He's also one of the few baseball players that had the balls to speak up about how disgusting and demeaning Trump's visit to PR was. I worked with his fiancé on a project to get supplies and generators over there a few weeks back. They're great people.

I know MLB would love LA/NY, but I'd love to see Houston get into the World Series.

Lovemyvike

Cubs looked like zombies last night. My home team is the Giants (that equals Dodger Hater) so I need the Cubs to get going! :D

Yankees are rolling right now, hopefully it stays that way!

For what it's worth, I was kinda bummed out that the Giants had such a rough year (and the Giants are our biggest rival). The rivalry isn't as much fun when there's such a huge gap between the teams in the standings. I hated that the Dbacks had a good season, just don't like them (or their fans) AT ALL.

jenny12

Am I the LONE Dodger fan? Last nights game was incredible (and on the 29 year anniversary of Kirk Gibson's walk off World Series homerun!) The Cubs are so arrogant and entitled, it would be amazing to sweep them too. Although I expect them to put up a fight at Wrigley this week. Praying for a Dodgers/Astros World Series (although MLB would love LA/NY for the ratings)

I’m a Dodgers fan as well! Thrilled they are moving on to the WS!!!

Sylvia

TBD
Woo-hoo, back-to-back solo home runs by Altuve & Correa in the top of the 10th inning and Houston leads 5-3 in Game 2!

ETA:

Aaaaand the Dodgers have tied the game in the bottom of the 10th!! :eek:

ETA #2:

2-run homer by Springer... 7-5 Houston in the 11th!!!

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Game 3- Astros leading 5-3 after 7th. Too bad they missed the grand slam HR by inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information