America's Favorite Escape- Baseball ⚾️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Amazing world series so far. I am hoping to see the Astros win the world series. It will be tough, with both remaining games in LA.

Seerek

It's becoming quite a battle of attrition with both teams squeezing every last bit of their utility pitchers/relievers, and keeping their starting pitchers on a rather short leash (i.e. 1 bad patch and they're out). I'm actually not surprised by these late game dramatics (not so much Houston, since they've shown they can score runs at will all season, but LA keeping up when they had to has been impressive).

Lovemyvike

I was watching the game on a layover in Charlotte and was afraid I was going to get kicked out of my hotel room with all the screaming and carrying on. Debating on whether I should go to LA for game 6 tonight. Not sure if my heart can take it.

Lovemyvike

DODGERS WIN! Game 7 tomorrow baby!! And so fitting that Yu Darvish will probably be starting. Hopefully he can redeem himself after the last game. And make that idiot Gurriel look even worst after his racist gesture and taunt.

Lovemyvike

Congratulations Astros. This one definitely hurt. I really thought the Dodgers were going to win it all. Especially hard knowing game 7 ended up being a really non competitive game. So proud of Kersh for leaving everything he had out there. But I know they'll be back next year.

Future name of thread:

Big men with small sticks?
The tighter the pants, the closer to God?
Bat flips and butt slaps?
Don't be racist Gurriel? (That's a personal favorite of mine)

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I will have a new suggestive thread when pitchers and catchers report. Which I believe is in 103 days.

Congrats to the Dodgers for not having to go to the White House. :p

And congrats to the Astros for winning it all. I used to go watch you nincompoops play to about 800 people in the astrodome. So well done. :)

Miintx

So excited for my Astro's. The city is off the wall excited. I've never been so stressed and excited for baseball. We are all happy but exhausted after a week of late night baseball. The Dogers had a great run and pushed the Astros every step of the way. Even during the last game we were nervous until the last few outs.

Miintx

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ml...s-arrive-back-home/ar-AAunB7f?ocid=spartandhp

Houston celebrates Astros' championship, with a parade on Friday at 2 pm. Schools have canceled afternoon classes.

After what this city went through during 'Harvey', it is nice to see them enjoy this. It reminds me of New Orleans Superbowl victory after Katrina.

Yes, Harvey was brutal. My car flooded and had to be totaled. I have many friends who had had high water in their homes and are rebuilding, some will never get back. There is still debris waiting to be picked up on our street.

The largest school district closed, possibly because so many staff members called in. I'm not going anywhere near the crazy crowds.

The team has really come together to support the community. They have volunteered and raised / donated money to support victims from all three hurricanes. They are an amazing group of men.

Lovemyvike

My brother and family live in Houston, so I'm happy for them. As happy as I could be after my beloved Dodgers lost a heartbreaker. But I get that Houston needed this. And the Astros, with the exception of Gurriel (the racist) and Keuchel (who talked crap about Vin Scully) seem like a good group of dudes.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Sad news for baseball and cat fans. Skeeter, the beloved large orange cat who owned Matt Duffy (Giants/Rays) has crossed the rainbow bridge. He was an old man of 17 and appeared to have a good life. Still :fragile:

Lovemyvike

Stanton is with the Yankees, Ohtani is with the Angels and KEMP is back with the Dodgers (for now). Wow!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I just misread a headline. Apparently the SF baseball Giants acquired Evan Longoria. My brain processed it as the NY football Giants acquiring Eva Longoria. Since the Giants are so bad this year, Eva might not be a bad move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information