Championnats québecois d'été (Quebec Summer Championships), Aug. 8-11, 2019

Sylvia

TBD
Sarah-Maude Blanchard won the Junior Women's event yesterday with a total score of 152.41 (56.89 in SP, 95.52 in FS) - protocols: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20_DET.pdf
Final standings: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/20_RES.pdf

Joseph Phan landed 3A+, 3Lo+ & 3Lz+2T in his Junior SP (80.23) last night: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/53_DET.pdf
William St-Louis, who just skated in Junior Pairs, was 2nd (60.91), landing 3T+3T, 3Lo & 2A.

I missed the seeing the first 2 junior pairs of the 2nd group & only saw:
2nd Kelly Ann Laurin / Loucas Éthier (I liked them & hope they get a JGP assignment)
4th Camille Perreault / William St-Louis (showed some good things for a new team)

Senior Pairs FS starting order:
1 Camille Ruest / Andrew Wolfe Rimouski/Glencoe EQ/AB/NT/N
2 Isabella Gamez / David-Alexandre Paradis Philippines/Philippines PHI/PHI
3 Nadine Wang / Francis Boudreau-Audet Saint-Léonard/St-Jean-sur-Richelieu BA/RS
4 Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland St-Romuald / St-Jean/St-Romuald / St-Jean CACH/CACH
5 Justine Brasseur / Mark Bardei Brossard/Brossard RS/RS
WD Lubov Ilyushechkina / Charlie Bilodeau Saint-Léonard/Trois-Pistoles BA/EQ

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I saw them. They were first up this morning. Didn't note a score or anything.

Very shaky skate as one lift didn't go up but then they are new and its just August.
Yes, Carignan/Pierro skated first; after the 2nd couple skated their scores were shown and had them in first so Carignan/Pierro obviously ended up the bottom.

Senior pairs now underway with Ruest/Wolfe.

Catherine M

will be interesting to see if Gamez & Paradis can get 4CC min scores to add another pair team to the roster!

Me during that lift that was right after the stumble/fall: :yikes:

victorskid

Results after 1st group of senior pairs:
Ruest/Wolfe - total score 170.79
Gamez/Paradis - 122.98

Colonel Green

The general skating quality here is alarmingly high for a summer pairs competition.

EDIT: Matte/Ferland, okay, that's more in keeping with what you'd expect from a summer pairs competition.

Last edited:

Catherine M

Matte & Ferland have a nice look. Too bad the sbs jumps took the day off.

Hopefully they and Wang & Boudreau-Audet will be sent out on the Challenger circuit this fall.

Colonel Green

The entry to Brasseur/Bardei's final lift is crazy.

Their twist (obviously) and lifts are on a different level from all the other teams here. Still working on the throws. I don't think they're the "soft instrumental music" team, though; their programs should be all about emphasizing the power and athleticism.

EDIT: Second place, deservedly. They would have beaten Ruest and Wolfe but for Justine's pop on the second SBS.

victorskid

Unofficial results after the senior pairs (based on total scores):
  1. Ruest/Wolfe - 170.79 [Free skate: 56.56; 57.12; 112.68]
  2. Brasseur/Bardei - 167.71 [54.73; 56.24; 108.97]
  3. Matte/Ferland - 156.05 [48.67; 50.80; 97.47]
  4. Wang/Boudreau-Audet - 146.93 [49.62; 46.16; 95.78]
  5. Gamez/Paradis - 122.98 [37.16; 42.56; 76.72]

Last edited:

Catherine M

I'm trying to watch these early groups of sr ladies free but its just a bit hard with the lack of jumping skills.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I won't be home in time for Hannah. Someone please provide good PBP! :) Thanks!

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Wow I put the ladies free stream on and saw Maltais in the kiss-n-cry and she got over 99 points in the free and a 53 TES!

victorskid

For those interested, Rink 3 is running behind schedule (quel surprise!) - the second-to-last novice woman just skated and it is already 1/2 an hour after the junior free dance was due to begin :(

Edited to add that the junior free dance warm-up (on Rink 3) for the first group began exactly one hour late!
Start order: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/55_od.pdf

Last edited:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Wow Mallet is really struggling. She did a lot of doubles but went down on the two triples she tried. Did two huge double axels though. 88.72

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Bronsard/Bouaraguia are up next on Rink 3, so it looks like their FD will roughly coincide with the ladies' next warm-up!

victorskid

Rink 4 - Final group is on warm-up. Hannah skates first in this group.

Rink 3 - Emmy & Aissa taking the ice...

Colonel Green

Compared to the RD, which already feels pretty much fully formed, I think Emmy and Aissa's free will benefit from some fine-tuning, but they're obviously the class of the field here.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Oh dear, all kinds of music trouble for Pineault - first they played the wrong music, and now there's no music at all....

Ah, here we go.

2lz, 2a2t, 3lo2t, 3t fall, 3lo, 3s turnout, 2a2t turnout

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that Pineault is reusing both programs from last season (and the SP is actually for a 3rd season in a row). But as long as we get to see some clean-ish performances, then I promise I'll be happy anyways.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Pineault really struggled too. A few pops. Triple loop double toe might have been her only clean triple. From replay she landed her second triple loop too.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
104.12 for that? LOL wow higher tech than Dawson. Maybe it wasn't at bad as I thought watching it LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information