2019-20 GP Selection (19-20 June)

Debbie S

Are there actual web links for the individual PDFs? If so, could someone post them? Please and thank you!

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Some things pop out at first glance:

1. Seguin/Bilodeau getting two suggests that the number of seasons that a 1-6 split couples' results with the former partner go back at least threr years, based on Ilyushechkina's last top six result (with Moscovitch). (Comeback skaters' results go back 10.)

2. Green/Parsons also got a non-host spot to SC. I'm not sure on what unwritten basis. His Top 24 SB with his sister from last season?

3. A handful of skaters are doing the long back-to-back schlep from CHN to RUS.

4. USFS chose Eunsoo Kim for SA :EVILLE:.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
And the U.S. has all of FOUR ladies on here. Good Lord. @rfisher, you should start the adoption and citizenship process for Gubanova immediately!

DobrinFan

No. Too many new juniors. I suspect Russian cup will be their route to nationals

They should try their luck at JGP too and try getting into the final b/c otherwise they will have to fight for about 3 or less available spots depending on how many juniors (14+) gets into the JGPF.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Woah that ladies line up at Cup of China. Tursynbaeva, Tuktamysheva, Shcherbakova and Samodurova.

Not all Grand Prix events are made equal, I tell you. I'm not even sure how it's even fair that all those ladies ended up at the same event. Guess it's the way the rankings work.

But a shame those 4 ladies are all at the same event when other GPs are much wider open. It will have the impact of stopping Grand Prix Final qualification probably.

But I guess you never know how it all works out until it happens. Sometimes skaters nobody thought to be a threat play major spoiler and sometimes its the other way around.
Almost all of the events are stacked so far, Cup of China is differently rough. France seems the "weakest" to me. We will see what withdrawals happen. Hopefully we keep 12 per event.

Dobre

Trusova is coming to SC! Yay!

I am going, and I totally didn't think the odds were very good she would be assigned there. Trusova, Khihira, and Medvedeva. There's a battle. Plus Yelim Kim, who is one of my personal favorites. (Wanted her to have two, but at least I will get to see the one she has).

Happy Karen got two events :).

Nathan vs. Shoma in France.

Stepanova & Bukin are coming to SA :).

The IDF dance roster is stacked again. I drafted a post yesterday saying that with Zagorski & Guerreiro and McNamara & Carpenter being the two most likely spoilers not at Worlds, I could totally see both of them plus Guignard & Fabbri and two seeded teams from the top two groups all getting assigned to NHK. Correct about the list. Just wrong about the location. Great battles at IDF all the way down from #2-#9

Happy Shiraiwa & Higuchi both have two.

SamuraiK

I'll copy and paste my first random imprensions.:

MEN
Old men Brezina & Bychenko still going. Good for them
Pulkinen jumping already?? Well , he looks senior but compared to the rest of the US field he's still waaay behind. Not sure about that. I think USA TBD should be Krasnozhon to lose.
Great for Shulepov finally getting out of Russia. RUS TBD for Erokhov perhaps?
Yamamoto!! Yay, but most of alll HAN YAN cheer2:

LADIES
My russian prediction was spot on and it was Gubanova and Tarusina who got the door shut on their faces. Yikes.. Honestly I would have kicked out Sakhanovich instead of Nastia.
Also.. Zagitova goes twice against Kostornaya , the lesser threat of the Triple As whiile Zhenya has to face Quadsova both times. Coincidence?? I Hope so but not sure.
JPN ladies.. Honda is the fave for the TBD
KOR: I hate that both Kim and You are in the same event. They should be spread.
USA: LMAO at Cup of China with no US ladies.. Andrews getting something surprises me. I love Cui. Hope she has a nice debut.
No Chartrand. Is she done?????

PAIRS
Nothing really exciting or intresting other than Liubov making her comeback. And Sui/Han again in the GP circuit. I miss Xiaoyu Yu soo much. :(

DANCE
As usual RUS field is so lame. How did RUS manage to not invite a single US team?? If Nikita screws up this.. :rolleyes:
Canadian Danes are back Yay!!!
How did Chen/Sun get their 2nd event???
RUS TBD should be for Popova & Mozgov.
So the 2 up and coming US siblings teams split and we get a new team of half each?? I'll take it.

Last edited:

Debbie S

I believe the rule is that a split team member (Michael Parsons) can carry their GP eligibility to their new team? The Parsons were guaranteed 1 GP based on their SB last season, so Green/Parsons got 1 GP. And I would expect them to get 2, with the host spot at SA.

Dobre

DANCE
As usual RUS field is so lame. How did RUS manage to not invite a single US team?? If Nikita screws up this.. :rolleyes:

The thinking is probably that even with a double twizzle fail at Europeans, S&K managed to defeat Kaliszek & Spodyriev and Hurtado & Khaliavin ;) .

The fact that Russia only invited two top-ten teams from Worlds must mean that Kaliszek & Spodyriev were moved up into the 7-10 group.

SamuraiK

Looking at SB and WS lists the top screwed skaters were:

Ladies:
Gubanova & Tarusina (no room for you!!!))

Men:
I just realised. No Grassl? Staying Junior?????
Krasnozhon & Bychenko are the only ones with guaranteed events that still got only 1.

Pairs:
This is the category most hurt by lack of entries. Lots of teams only getting 1 event. RUS of course still somehow managed to invite Ghilardi Ambrosini :rolleyes:

Dance:
Surprisingly no one. Everyone guaranteed got 2. Which I guess explains how Chen/Sun managed their 2nd event

EDIT: Corrected Yamashita & Mishina/Galiamov.

Last edited:

wickedwitch

Pairs:
This is the category most hurt by lack of entries. Lots of teams only getting 1 event. Mishina & Galiamov the major ones with a top 10 SB and still only 1 event but thankfully TBD seems theirs to lose. RUS of course still somehow managed to invite Ghilardi Ambrosini :rolleyes:
Mishina/Galiamov have France and Japan. Looking forward to cheering them on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information